• Duplicate B Teams in Portugal

BaldStagger97
    • Public Status: Under Review Screenshot: Save Game: Miguel Arroja - Sporting CP 2024.06.25 Files Uploaded: Save Game, Screenshot

After the database update in March, Portuguese teams that have a B team, now have a second B team. They have separate games, separate squads, separate everything. Can this be fixed? It's a mess in inbox as well to understand which B team it is since the second B team has friendlies all the time. I see this in all teams that start with a B team in Portugal. These B teams in Portugal should work as the ones in Germany.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

After some restarts to understand the issue clearly, I found that the friendly match with second XI generates this second B team, but it's not then scratched.

so were you able to solve the issue by just cancelling the friendly with the second XI or did the problem still persist?

Has the SI team looked into this? I have the same issue with Sporting. This is making the portuguese league awkward, and I don't remember this bug ever happening before.

The only way i found to fix this issue is using pre game editor and delete competitions "International premier league cup s'21 and s'23 (this is extint but i deleted anyway) .

Till we got a real fix there is no mini champions league to your B teams.

• SI Staff

Hello, we have this issue under review currently.

Any additional information would be helpful.

Does this happen for every team in Portugal? Is it always on the same date?

Im playing with SL Benfica and the same happens, i have 2 B Teams. The good thing is that the team can still compete and players developp, it's annoying because of staff control and its confusing.

This happens also on saves games. Started a new season with Sporting CP and it creates another B team on all the that have a B tem and also others. Benfica, Braga, Sporting, Vitoria... all have new B teams...

Also there are many U-19 B teams created...

It mixes 2 B teams and all stats and control from the teams.

Is there any fix for this?

SLB.png

Porto.png

Player.png

Edited by mbkpt

On 16/04/2024 at 18:10, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we have this issue under review currently.

Any additional information would be helpful.

Does this happen for every team in Portugal? Is it always on the same date?

Hello, any update on this? I can give you some more insides:

I don't know the exact date since i didn't tested it day-by-day, but if you start a save with the last db update and holiday 1 month, when you came back you can see that bug, so the deadline is <30 days and it's easy to replicate. Tested it with SL Benfica.

I just played a season with this patch before noticing this bug (i've noticed the duplicates in the staff responsabilities but didn't care, until I noticed my sports director is managing the duplicate team and can't chose the right coach..). I've uninstalled the game, deleted all folder an reinstalled to make sure problem was not on my end, and started with a 'vanilla' game without 'addons', the bug still persists so I was sure it was not on my end, that's when I went up looking for it here and found this topic.

So, I was just checking in that save and noticed that the duplicate B team was only playing one kind of matchs:  'U21 Premier Division International Cup' (also know as 'Premier League International Cup' if you use a known namefix) . So I went up digging in the editor and removed that competition.

Started a new save, holiday 1 month again, and no duplicate team.

Don't know if said competition is the only reason messing this thing up, but at least the B teams didn't duplicate after <30 days after removing it.

Less games for B teams and under 21's, but at least I play this again with the last patch, hoping no other reasons triggers the duplicate team in the future.

Cheers.

Edited by volt

• SI Staff

Hi @volt

Appreciate the information, we do have this issue logged.

But we have no more updates coming to FM24, so this is not one we'll be able to solve in this FM cycle. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

This is kind of a bummer, since it was the patches that introduced this problem. There is no point in having all the squads and staff mixed withe B teams that doesn't play games.

@Zachary Whyte Can you at least give a hint in how we can fix this in Editor? Or what is the real problem behind this issue... so we can try to solve it.

The removal of  'U21 Premier Division International Cup' (also know as 'Premier League International Cup'  does not fix this for me. It happens no matter what. So what this is... from before the last patch this is happening, you pay 50$ for the game and well... deal with it... 

Nice one...

Edited by mbkpt