• NewGen faces gone

champmanager22
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

carried a save over from fm23 but my added faces have gone, feel like theres an error with the ID numbers as attached... ID r-20231130153830_1.thumb.jpg.266ad9a7a5b1a2902a56226a897b46f1.jpg20231130153830_1.thumb.jpg.266ad9a7a5b1a2902a56226a897b46f1.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Newgens will no longer generate incorrect faces

Maybe they added r- to stop this from happening. 

Anyways, this affects custom made newgens faces, not the in-game ones, right?

Edited by Gagi45

I think I know the reasoning here. This game seems to not only ignore some players depending on database size, but outright pretends that clubs and players don't exist depending on your database options. This leaves the UIDs open - as well as the UIDs of the many, many retired and defunct players that have built up with the database over time. The benefit of this is, I believe, the improved processing speed this year.

I've had some newgens appear with faces of real players because of the facepack I use, as the ID has been recycled. It's a bit strange, and I'd hazard a guess that this is the very reason the r- UIDS have been implemented as going forward this is now impossible.

So, it's a short term nuisance, but once NewGAN Manager is updated it will be resolved pretty much immediately, so it's of long term benefit to us. We'll have to wait and see what people pull off but I think this will also make it possible to do staff newgen packs, as we haven't previously had the option of filtering them in the manner needed. Now, we can filter by UID including 'r-'.

Annoying as it is, all you need to fix this is a text editor that has the 'replace all' function. 

Once you've generated or preserved using the Newgan tool, you just need to open the config file and use a text editor to replace all for the following lines: replace 'graphics/pictures/person/' with 'graphics/pictures/person/r-'. You'd need to repeat this step everytime you update the config file.

• SI Staff

We have made changes to some things involving player ID's as part of the recent update. As a result there will be some knock on effects for custom graphics, but as evidenced there are solutions available if you do wish to use custom graphics still.

hace 12 minutos, Michael Sant dijo:

We have made changes to some things involving player ID's as part of the recent update. As a result there will be some knock on effects for custom graphics, but as evidenced there are solutions available if you do wish to use custom graphics still.

Great idea to make changes to player ID mid-season. Good work.

There is an easy fix that takes like 2minutes. Go to the Newgan config file, open it with notepad, go to replace, and replace all     graphics/pictures/person/   to         graphics/pictures/person/r-     and it will fix it. Takes 5min to find the fix but I guess it's easier to complain. 

• SI Staff
    On 01/12/2023 at 00:28, efrn.lf said:

Great idea to make changes to player ID mid-season. Good work.

The change was made as part of a resolution to another bug impacting the game. We do aim to mitigate the potential impacts bug fixes can have, but we would look to fix bugs where we can.