• Football Manager 2024 Online game 3rd player can’t join

CallumLFC29
    • Public Status: Known Issue Save Game: The Name given automatically nothing changed Files Uploaded: Save Game

Absolutely disgusting this issue was also in last years game and the game before only 2 people can access the game the 3rd player is Stuck on a (Joining Online game) Screen tried multiple times All tried to host Tweaked settings, leagues Nothing not working please fix this online issue 3Rd year running 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we're sorry you having issues.

First off, can you please double-check that all players can connect with each other in the party chat.

Then, can we make sure no user is using a wireless internet booster/extender or having their connection currently run off multiple routers.

Can we also confirm no user is using communal internet? For example, a University accommodation.

Once all of the above has been checked, can we ask all users to try connecting via ethernet/LAN cables.

Hello @Zachary Whyte we all use normal internet I use Virgin media other 2 use Sky should make no difference we connect to all other games that we play just Football manager we have this issue and have done for years no we are not on Ethernet cables as that shouldn’t be the issue it’s not a connection problem it’s ur game problem all of us use 1 main router the in 3 separate houses so none of us are on splitters and we are all on open Nat type and can all connect in party please fix this issue 

11 hours ago, villanry said:

Really disheartening to hear that this issue is still in the game. Man, that's frustrating.

Ino mate been years and they can’t fix this it’s a joke works for some Dosent work for others how can that be the case 

On 06/11/2023 at 19:25, CallumLFC29 said:

A reply from the Devs would be appreciated or anyone that knows how to Mitigate the Issue and has a work around please comment thanks. 

Exact same every single year. Absolutely no point in having an online feature with 31 player slots if no more than 2 can be in a game. Ridiculous 

On 06/11/2023 at 19:25, CallumLFC29 said:

A reply from the Devs would be appreciated or anyone that knows how to Mitigate the Issue and has a work around please comment thanks. 

Fr. Just feels pointless like. Spent 120£ combined between 3 mates and we can’t even get in a game together. Ones had to go on fortnite 

• SI Staff

Hello, @CallumLFC29,@joshsmithofficial &@Lewisstory

We're sorry again you are having issues, unfortunately there isn't anything we can do on our end, in our internal testing we were able to have 32 Xbox users in game.

Unfortunately as this issue is only affecting certain users this is going to have to be a case of troubleshooting.

First can you please:

Press the Xbox button
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type.
    Make sure your NAT type is saying Open

Next, can you double check the steps I mentioned above, then try having different users to host the lobby, getting everyone to use an ethernet connection and making sure your router has up to date firmware.

50 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

We're sorry again you are having issues, unfortunately there isn't anything we can do on our end, in our internal testing we were able to have 32 Xbox users in game.

Unfortunately as this issue is only affecting certain users this is going to have to be a case of troubleshooting.

First can you please:

Press the Xbox button
    Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type.

Next, can you double check the steps I mentioned above, then try having different users to host the lobby, getting everyone to use an ethernet connection and making sure your router has up to date firmware.

Not just affecting certain users, me and two other friends can't do it either. One person just ends up stuck on joining online game. 

All on fast internet connections, all hard wired, and all with open NATs.

2 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

First can you please:

Press the Xbox button

It is an issue with the game though, and not “certain users”. Pro Clubs on FIFA. Call of Duty Warzone. Big numbers of players in one lobby or party across the world with no issues whatsoever, with all different types of connections. Yet year on year, theres issues with having more than 2 in a FM game. 

How this is still a bug is beyond a joke me and my friends have tried this on last years game where this exact issue happened then looking forward to being able to actually all play together on fm24 but no surprise it’s not fixed if I paid £45 for this I would be asking for a refund what a joke

How this is still a bug is beyond a joke me and my friends have tried this on last years game where this exact issue happened then looking forward to being able to actually all play together on fm24 but no surprise it’s not fixed if I paid £45 for this I would be asking for a refund what a joke

edit just tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling and it’s working now hope this helps someone else

On 08/11/2023 at 20:01, joshsmithofficial said:

It is an issue with the game though, and not “certain users”. Pro Clubs on FIFA. Call of Duty Warzone. Big numbers of players in one lobby or party across the world with no issues whatsoever, with all different types of connections. Yet year on year, theres issues with having more than 2 in a FM game. 

We restarted router and reinstalled game and has given us a 2 day fix so far, remains to be seen if it’s permanent. Hope this helps 

Bug is ongoing since fm22 surely there must be an update? All 3 of us deleted and reinstalled game and issue persists.

Edited by keithpower3

Experiencing the same issue. All open Nat types, it worked for a couple of days and now we're back to being unable to join again. Numerous reports across here and several on Reddit so it's not an isolated issue. But no Dev update here since 8th Nov? Surely this issue has to be on the server side. It's a joke spending €180 it total between us and not being able to actually play it. 

On 08/11/2023 at 17:54, Zachary Whyte said:

First can you please:

Press the Xbox button

I also had this issue the last two Football manager console games, there has to be a fix you can put out for this, there's too many people affected by it, I've noticed that unlike in previous years, the host can see that the number of users on the server is going up but the people trying to join aren't getting in the server, I don't know if that helps or not, we're all on wired connections with open nat types just like we were in previous years, we've all tried re installing, resetting routers, clearing our caches, and nothing has worked, I've noticed that it only seems to happen on a weekend, Friday in particular is a bad day for it. Please try and fix this issue

Just to update my earlier post, was able to get 3 other people in the save today, same settings and connections as Friday when we couldn't get on, don't know if this helps or not

I’ve noticed when I can’t get into the save when 2 others are already in is because the save is displayed under a different name of another one of my friends saves which he has now deleted but it still shows as that for some reason? Whenever it does that is when it’s impossible for 3+ people to join in my experience anyway

Im having this issue too, unfortunally.

I have no problem playing a 2 player online career with my friend.

We had planned to take along another friend of ours, and start a new online league, 3 players in total.

I play all kind of other games (on xbox) with exactly these friends, without any issues at all.

- We all have open NAT, my xbox (the server) is on cable, im not sure of the others players.

- We talk in party chat with no problems.

- Every player could connect to the game, when they joined as number 2 player, but no one could when being the 3rd player.

- All 3 of us, uninstalled the game, and installed it once again, with the same result.

- We tried setting the game up open for everyone, with no password - originally we had it set to friends only, and a password - this did not help, unfortunally.

This is critical! - not being able to play this great game with your friends is a blow, i really hope you guys get to the bottom of this issue