• Saved game can't be loaded

Jjulk
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Since the update if i try to load a save that was started before the update i get an error message - "The save game could not be loaded"

However, new saves do load.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

42 minutes ago, Jjulk said:

Are there any updates on this? Currently can't play a save that started on launch day

Ditto, still waiting surely this fix some be quickly to be acted on considering how many people have been affected :confused:

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we have released an update to address this issue.

Can you download and tell if you are able to load your save, thank you.

Hi Zachary,

I've updated to the latest version and I'm still having the same issue

10 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Sorry to hear this, we will continue to investigate.

Apologies for the inconvenience, I'll message again when we have an update. 

Any update, very frustrating!!

Same here. I am unable to load my save that has several seasons of progress on. This issue has been going on nearly 2 weeks and has made the game unplayable

Probsbly the worst bug in game ive witnessed that ruined saves, yet its taking forever to "investigate" or even fix.. come on SI get a move on 

Yes nearly two weeks on going and unplayable which is simply unacceptable and note no response for days from si

The issue arose from an update so how about revert to pre update so we have a game that’s useable again! 

4 hours ago, hawks_84 said:

Yes nearly two weeks on going and unplayable which is simply unacceptable and note no response for days from si

The issue arose from an update so how about revert to pre update so we have a game that’s useable again! 

Yo please let this be a option.

How long is this going to take to resolve? 

The longer it’s taking to resolve, the more money you’re wasting of the people that have paid to play this game. People should be compensated for this as it’s taking far too long to resolve.

Before an update goes live, it should be trialed and tested. And of course, whilst it’s difficult to come across technical issues instantly, there should be a contingency if things go wrong. I.e. in this scenario where the game is now unplayable, revert back to the previous update until the issue of loading a saved game is resolved (as suggested above). 

On 09/03/2023 at 10:01, Zachary Whyte said:

Sorry to hear this, we will continue to investigate.

Apologies for the inconvenience, I'll message again when we have an update. 

Surely has to be some form of update on this by now? Its starting to feel like you're not that bothered about switch users and hoping we all just start new saves and forget about it

• SI Staff

Hello, we’re continuing to investigate the loading issue affecting saves created prior to the Main Data Update on Nintendo Switch.

For the time being, if you could begin a new save file you should have no issues.

We're sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused and will give an update as soon as we can.

18 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we’re continuing to investigate the loading issue affecting saves created prior to the Main Data Update on Nintendo Switch.

For the time being, if you could begin a new save file you should have no issues.

We're sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused and will give an update as soon as we can.

But people don’t want to begin a new save file that’s not a solution. You can’t play a game get part way through and it break for the solution to be start again from scratch.

7 minutes ago, hawks_84 said:

But people don’t want to begin a new save file that’s not a solution. You can’t play a game get part way through and it break for the solution to be start again from scratch.

It's actually tedious starting a new one over again when you are so deep in an old save 🤣

It's already been 3 serious weeks, we've spent hundreds of hours on our games, we don't want to make a new one, it disgusts the game more than anything else. It will be settled by how long we would like a specific date because at this stage in 4 months we will still be told to wait.....