• Game crashing with a "The Software Was Closed Because An Error Occurred" message during match following update to v1.0.2

PMPhilip
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Since updating my Switch digital copy of FM23 to v1.0.2, I've been unable to play through a match without the game crashing with a "The Software Was Closed Because An Error Occurred"

The match in question is match 6 of my first season; Chelsea vs Tottenham. So far the match has crashed on 3 occasions, in approx the 70th minute, 10th min and 20th minute. In all three attempts to play the match I've been using preset 5-2-3 DM Wide formation with a slightly tweaked variation of the preset Wing Play tactical style, (turned the Trigger Press down to standard). I've used this formation in other games, with different player roles, prior to the v1.0.2 update that completed successfully. This is the first time I've used this particular tactical style. Tottenham are lining up in a 3-4-3 formation

Only other difference from my previous games to note is I'm starting Havertz with a minor injury, this is the first time I've started a player with an existing injury.

On all three occasions the game was tied 0-0 at the time of the crash

My match settings are:

• Camera: Director
    • Sounds: On
    • Music: On
    • Highlights: Comprehensive
    • Match speed during highlights: One notch to the right
    • Match speed during text-only highlights: Three notches to the right
    • Match speed between highlights: Default
    • Replays: On
    • Replay events: Goals, disallowed offside goals, goal-line technology, show opposition replays
    • Replay camera: Director

I haven't tested simming beyond this particular match, or tried starting a new save to play a different match

Happy to provide a copy of my save data, but I've been unable to find any instructions on how to upload it to these forums from my Switch

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I wanted to add that I am getting the same errors and they are happening increasingly more the further into the game I get. 

I am 3rd season in and honestly I would say it crashes every 3/4 games. I find that it really doesn't like being left idle and then returned to. 

I would love to play with the same match settings you have listed but I've stripped everything back to only commentary and replays of goals. I'm tempted to get rid of the replays too incase that's the issue. 

It is beyond frustrating and I have reached out via support and Twitter and heard nothing back. I REALLY like the game but this is being unbearable. I may have to look for a refund 😩

PXL_20221127_142722042.jpg

Apologies for the delay in response. Our team have been trying to reproduce this error in house over the past few days.

Could you both please try and drop your highlights down to 'key' and let us know if you still experience the same issue? 

On 04/12/2022 at 18:50, Skeedkeed said:

I wanted to add that I am getting the same errors and they are happening increasingly more the further into the game I get. 

I am 3rd season in and honestly I would say it crashes every 3/4 games. I find that it really doesn't like being left idle and then returned to. 

I would love to play with the same match settings you have listed but I've stripped everything back to only commentary and replays of goals. I'm tempted to get rid of the replays too incase that's the issue. 

It is beyond frustrating and I have reached out via support and Twitter and heard nothing back. I REALLY like the game but this is being unbearable. I may have to look for a refund 😩

PXL_20221127_142722042.jpg

Absolutely fuming!!!last game of the season beating city 3-1 to win the league and get this error😂game crashes,had it about 4 times now in second seaso.never ever happened on any other version,highlights are only on key events🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, rsr1979 said:

Absolutely fuming!!!last game of the season beating city 3-1 to win the league and get this error😂game crashes,had it about 4 times now in second seaso.never ever happened on any other version,highlights are only on key events🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Ive had to move save game to every week now so i dont lose anything,last 3 times happened after save but this time during biggest match of the season🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️What is going on

This has been happening to me on the switch since FM21, happened on FM22 and now on FM23....I really got fed up during FM22 and didn't plan to buy FM23 but I convinced myself this couldn't possibly happen again and yet here I am....I watch my matches on Extensive Highlights as I like to see what my players are doing...my game version is Ver. 1.0.3 by the way.....if this isn't fixed I definitely won't be getting another FM

3 hours ago, Oli99 said:

Is there any update on this issue please because its ruining the experience?

It really is ruining the experience....it always happens during matches for me....I don't want to be finally beating a big team just for the game to crash so I've held off on playing 

No update as of yet unfortunately. We are still investigating this issue.

Please if you are also experiencing the issue can you provide as much details as possible to let us know exactly when this occurs? This will help our development team investigate the issue. Explaining what highlight mode you are watching in is also very important.

Thank you for all your help.

I signalled this issue last year as well and the answer I got was 'delete the game and re-install' - which did nothing to solve the problem. And now it's STILL here? Sounds like someone in software was looking for the easy way out.

Had this happening over the last couple of days as well. There's a LOT of issues with the Switch version this year, but none as excrutiatingly infuriating as this one.

Sorry for the rant, but this is just too frustrating.

On 06/01/2023 at 14:44, Desmond Richardson said:

No update as of yet unfortunately. We are still investigating this issue.

Please if you are also experiencing the issue can you provide as much details as possible to let us know exactly when this occurs? This will help our development team investigate the issue. Explaining what highlight mode you are watching in is also very important.

Thank you for all your help.

It crashes when highlights happen during a match and really annoying.