• Match engine not smooth

joaselgoat
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

The match engine does not run smooth at all, I have to set the settings to medium to get smooth gameplay. I have a high end PC and everything ran fine on FM22. Any way to fix this?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Take some team that got small stadium. Like 5000 seats, when I play on them, it's smooth. Feirense (portugal 2nd div). When I tried save with Arminia Bielefeld (Germany 2nd div) it wasnt smooth then but their stadium is much bigger. Probably something to do with digital ads on bigger stadiums or something like that.

Supposedly, my graphic cards can only run 3D at 3 stars out of 5... FM22 ran at 5/5. It's not exactly like FM has intense graphics. If I can run GTA on Ultra, I'm sure I can run FM23 at 5 stars. Strange performance.

Season 1 ran fine in smaller stadiums on the highest graphic settings on FM. Season 2, the graphics were fine but at times became choppy and the match engine wasn't smooth, it was also processing between highlights choppy (where it's loading the next highlight in the game, it would jump rather than be a smooth transition as time progresses during the game).

Edited by ZWS

Wanted to ad my voice to those complaining about choppy game play. FM 2022 ran smoothly.  FM2023 seems to have problems at all speed settings. It seems logical that it's because of the animation on the ad boards. Hoping that's not the case, but if it is, would like to be able to completely turn off the ad board animation easily. 

A fatal flaw to the game? Maybe, not, but certainly an annoying one, so please fix it.

• SI Staff

It is something we're still working on and I realise that's not the most ideal response when its impacting your game in this way. When there are updates we can provide then of course we will look to do so.

On 27/11/2022 at 01:20, Michael Sant said:

It is something we're still working on and I realise that's not the most ideal response when its impacting your game in this way. When there are updates we can provide then of course we will look to do so.

Not sure if this helps but does not seem to happening when watching a completed game its definitely there watching the game live

Has anyone else noticed this ? 

Try this, this fix it for me

10 minutes ago, EdL said:

Try launching the game with this command line added and see if it does anything for you, we made a change which should for most people improve performance but its possible with certain graphics cards/drivers it could make things worse in theory.

--disable_flip_discard

Edited by GOODNAME

• SI Staff

It should be pointed out we only expect the particular option in the above post to work if you've been experiencing the issue since the most recent update. The broader issue is still under review at this time.

55 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

It should be pointed out we only expect the particular option in the above post to work if you've been experiencing the issue since the most recent update. The broader issue is still under review at this time.

can i ask if you know its a problem and have managed to replicate it at least

• SI Staff
    53 minutes ago, Matty89 said:

can i ask if you know its a problem and have managed to replicate it at least

This is something we're aware of and are looking into.

Performance was poor in 3d even before the last update, but that unfortunately made it borderline unplayable, my setup is rated 5 stars by FM23 yet it's lagging seriously even on "very low"settings. 
    Here's dxdiagDxDiag.txt

Edited by skrew

On 20/11/2022 at 14:04, Style said:

its the digital ads in game that cause lags 

SI please fix it soon, its ruins gameplay.

I dont have digital ads in my game though

• SI Staff

There are a number of issues which people have highlighted and some possible areas we're reviewing the impacts of this on. I do apologise for the ongoing impact this is having but once we're in a position to share more we will do so. 

3 hours ago, Michael Sant said:

There are a number of issues which people have highlighted and some possible areas we're reviewing the impacts of this on. I do apologise for the ongoing impact this is having but once we're in a position to share more we will do so. 

Not good enough at all