• Match engine choppy and not smooth

nathwiggy
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Whenever I am in a match the 3D ad 2D engines are both choppy and stuttering. Fm22 was fine and I have even just loaded back up FM22 to check.

Hope this gets sorted soon!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

This is something we'll need to look into a bit further. Do any of you happen to have the fps counter enabled in steam and are you seeing FPS drops, if you check task manager are you seeing any unusual usage levels of the CPU/GPU?

39 minutes ago, Michael Sant said:

This is something we'll need to look into a bit further. Do any of you happen to have the fps counter enabled in steam and are you seeing FPS drops, if you check task manager are you seeing any unusual usage levels of the CPU/GPU?

CPU GPU.png

I have in game steam counter enabled. During a match it doesn't move from 60fps but the stuttering is unplayable it's more like 15fps. No unusual activity either. 10% CPU, 30% memory, 34%gpu. Using a Ryzen 7 5800h/ 3060gpu laptop 

Edited by dansh1989

IMac m1 and i have the same thing. Fm22 was smooth as silk at highest graphics, fm23 is a stutter mess. I have gpu usage constantly between 75 an 100% that i think might be correlated with the problem

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

If you could all please provide your DxDiag/System Info where appropriate, our team can continue to review.

Details here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997195057553

Thanks. 

Here is mine

DxDiag.txt

I have the same problem

FM22 was 100 % smooth  but FM23 only smooth with Medium settings and Very high on lower teams stadiums 

On 24/10/2022 at 01:30, Michael Sant said:

Also happened to me, what is interesting its FPS stays at 60 but the match is not smooth.

Also be aware that when I play at small stadiums (Feirense, 2nd Portugal div) game is smooth. Only happens at bigger stadiums.

On 15/11/2022 at 19:32, Dan1989 said:

It's the digital ad boards 100%. Try a lower league stadium without them. It will be smooth 👍

true.

its the digital ads in game that cause lags 

SI please fix it soon, its ruins gameplay.

Edited by Style

Yes, clearly the problem is with the digital ad boards. Please how to disable them? It's impossible to play this way. Absurd stutter in the 3D game, even at the lowest resolutions.

• SI Staff

If you haven't provided a dxdiag file already then that would be beneficial to help continue our investigations into this. However, to the best of my knowledge there are no ways to disable any element of grounds in the game.

On 14/12/2022 at 23:01, Michael Sant said:

If you haven't provided a dxdiag file already then that would be beneficial to help continue our investigations into this. However, to the best of my knowledge there are no ways to disable any element of grounds in the game.

This needs sorting ASAP its killing the game!!!

Is there any update on this? My MacBook Air (M1, 2020) has stuttering in the match engine as well. I have not added any ad boards.

I changed Graphics Quality to "Recommended for this PC" and it went back to High, nothing changed. Frame Rate is set to "Automatic."

I think it may have gotten worse when I started playing with a team with 3D kits? But I'm not sure.

13 hours ago, Weston said:

Is there any update on this? My MacBook Air (M1, 2020) has stuttering in the match engine as well. I have not added any ad boards.

I changed Graphics Quality to "Recommended for this PC" and it went back to High, nothing changed. Frame Rate is set to "Automatic."

I think it may have gotten worse when I started playing with a team with 3D kits? But I'm not sure.

Try changing the rendering scale to 75% 

• Administrators

Would suggest people:

PLEASE  create your own individual thread highlighting your specific issue here, that way we can make sure every user is responded to with relevant troubleshooting information where required, and we can gather more information. We've provided more info on what would be helpful in this thread

The game is designed to run in 60fps with a refresh rate of 60hz, so would very much recommend configuring to that for best performance. 

We're closing this thread given there's been a number of changes in the most recent update so very much would require information based on this latest version in specific threads so we can track and make sure everyone is having their information tracked individually. Thanks. 

This is now closed for further comments