• cinch Premiership Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the cinch Premiership.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful of the opinions of other people, and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Please bear in mind that the data used in the beta is not the most up to date data, as we have continued to work on the database since the data you are using was taken.

So please let us know of any issues, and if we've already sorted them, we'll let you know.

Alex lowry of rangers out for 6-7 months with torn ligaments - started season with minor injury and was injured in a game during the season - again back playing games in October

Bojang isn’t a hibs player that football manager suggests, he should be on loan from Rainbow fc. Joe Newell appears to be one of the worst hibs players despite being a Key player irl. 

9 hours ago, Craig_R.U.F.C said:

Sean Goss missing Germany as a nationality & can speak German too. 

Although born in Germany he was born at a BMH, specifically RAF Wegberg.  We also have already used all Nationality slots available to us (even though German wouldn't be one anyway).  Will add the language.

4 hours ago, Conor67 said:

Missing players from Celtic B/u18.

Colby Donovan

Aidan Borland

Marcus Gill

Tyrece McDonnell

Too young for FM23

45 minutes ago, Hibs1875 said:

Bojang isn’t a hibs player that football manager suggests, he should be on loan from Rainbow fc. Joe Newell appears to be one of the worst hibs players despite being a Key player irl. 

RE: Newell - yeah, he's not even close to being one of the worst.  

In terms of central midfielders he should be one of the best in Scottish league yet guys like Doyle hayes are rated a lot better at hibs which is strange. 

Zeb jacobs and Jim Mcallister seem to have the wrong staff roles at rangers. Also Lowry’s injury seems a bit excessive as he’s back in training. Game has him out for 6/7 months with an injury he doesn’t have. 

This might be more a of a bug than a data issue but Harry McKirdy at Hibs has English and Irish nationality but is also eligible to play for Scotland somehow? As shown in the below screenshot. Once he declares for Scotland he then becomes Scottish. I've tested it in 2 different saves and both times he has turned Scottish. The first one I was managing Hibs and the second I was unemployed so had no involvement.

12th July (Before he declares for Scotland) https://gyazo.com/b3b368041c0a19cc218cace7173445b1

24th July (After declaring for Scotland) https://gyazo.com/14de3cc5e56043c70de3405094f622b4

Edited by HibeeRyan

• SI Staff
    1 hour ago, monty-rfc said:

Zeb jacobs and Jim Mcallister seem to have the wrong staff roles at rangers. Also Lowry’s injury seems a bit excessive as he’s back in training. Game has him out for 6/7 months with an injury he doesn’t have. 

Jacobs is Academy Head of Coaching which I'm not sure is an on pitch role. Difficult to judge where best to fit that in the available FM roles.

Jim McAlister has been involved in the coaching side since the Gerrard days. Involved in the warm ups and he was taking the shooting drills recently.

The extent of Lowry's injury was unknown and there was very little information given on it except to expect him to be out for a while. In the database we can put in an estimated date of return until an actual date is known. Only found out through Gio's press conference on Tuesday that Lowry would be back playing for the B Team that evening. And he only got 45 minutes. Will update the return date at the next opportunity.

I note that at the start it says the beta is not the most up to date data, so I assume he will have been downgraded on the database but Porteous seems to be extremely over rated. I know this will be viewed as subjective so for evidence in the 2 saves I have been playing about with, he has signed for Liverpool and Tottenham on pre contracts, which doesn't seem realistic.

5 hours ago, Hibs1875 said:

In terms of central midfielders he should be one of the best in Scottish league yet guys like Doyle hayes are rated a lot better at hibs which is strange. 

Yeah - Newell has played 3(5) for me. scored 2, assisted 4, 2 POM and got a rating of 7.34

He's the highest avg rating cm I have. The role you got him playing could be the issue 

Motherwell scouting team update

New Scouts - Jay Bartram & Will Glavin (source Motherwell FC linkedin page & twitter accounts)

I believe Martyn Corrigan & Scott Macleod are no longer working at the club.

1 hour ago, aberdeengoose said:

I note that at the start it says the beta is not the most up to date data, so I assume he will have been downgraded on the database but Porteous seems to be extremely over rated. I know this will be viewed as subjective so for evidence in the 2 saves I have been playing about with, he has signed for Liverpool and Tottenham on pre contracts, which doesn't seem realistic.

Haha some is still bitter I see.

Porteous attributes are completely fine.

Cammy Wilson missing from Aberdeen U18 squad. Signed professional deal earlier in June. Link below.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/06/20/afc-youth-academy-class-of-2022/

Victor Enem, Lewis Pirie and Rodrigo Vitols all been part of Aberdeen U18 playing this season but missing from database. Not old enough for FM? If so what is the allowed age?

Edited by Adebeaut
    Typo

1 hour ago, Adebeaut said:

Cammy Wilson missing from Aberdeen U18 squad. Signed professional deal earlier in June. Link below.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/06/20/afc-youth-academy-class-of-2022/

Victor Enem, Lewis Pirie and Rodrigo Vitols all been part of Aberdeen U18 playing this season but missing from database. Not old enough for FM? If so what is the allowed age?

They’re all too young for the game, including Cameron Wilson who is born after 1/9/2006.

Only players who are 16 before 1/9/2006 are allowed in the game.

Edited by CaylumM

1 hour ago, markmeatsix91 said:

I've got this written down and I cant find where I seen it now but I believe Graham Ellis might be a scout at Aberdeen now. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Aye, its sorted in our database and he'll be there come release. We got it confirmed by the man himself earlier in the week, as we couldn't get the 100% confirmation that it was the same guy in the db (even though it seemed obvious it was him) that we needed, to move him.

Edited by Giro

9 hours ago, aberdeengoose said:

Hope Tottenham and Liverpool were watching tonight 😀

I've seen his CA and PA in game and I'd say it's absolutely bang on for an international player.

Stop being so bitter wee man.

Not sure if this falls under data as it is to do with Kit Colour appearance. When playing as Celtic away to Partick, the team wore the black and green away kit in the 3D engine. However, in the tactics overview and post match highlight screens, it shows as a white/grey kit with green trim. Even if meant to be the new third kit, there is no green trim. 

It should show as the black kit. 

Apologies if better posted elsewhere. 

Celtic Away.jpg