• Patrick Berg (Bodo/Glimt) wage is ridiculously low

ingarmj
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

In the current build of the game Patrick Berg, who was recently bought back to his boyhood-club from Ligue Un, is only listed with NOK1,59 million as his annual base-salary. This is a gross understatement, according to several credible journalists he earns between NOK 7 and 10 million a year.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 23/10/2022 at 00:18, ingarmj said:

Hi, No its not. The "article" you are refering to is a opinion piece written by a sports journalist in Tromsø. Why is it written as a opinion piece? So that the newspaper are not responsible for the "facts" presented. Both of them got good sign on fees when they signed but does not make 7-10 million in annual salary. Even in the piece you are refering to he says that the mention number includes bonuses as sign on fee and loyalty fee. The peice is simply written ahead of the derby to paint a picture of big rich Bodø/Glimt against small poor Tromsø. The salary post in the budget has on the contreary been cut by 12 million from 2021 to 2022.

He has actually been without a set wage in the database since his transfer back from France.

It's hard to know the real facts here, but the iTromsø journalist has a very clear angle and bias in this case, and he doesn't cite any sources for the sums he is mentioning. I would think that the base wage is rather high by Norwegian standards, but probably nowhere near 9M NOK. Maybe it could reach those heights if you include a maximum bonus scenario with winning the league, qualifying for Champs Lge etc.

4 hours ago, LarsC said:

He has actually been without a set wage in the database since his transfer back from France.

It's hard to know the real facts here, but the iTromsø journalist has a very clear angle and bias in this case, and he doesn't cite any sources for the sums he is mentioning. I would think that the base wage is rather high by Norwegian standards, but probably nowhere near 9M NOK. Maybe it could reach those heights if you include a maximum bonus scenario with winning the league, qualifying for Champs Lge etc.

Yes, I agree that the article may have a bias and will paint Bodo/Glimt as a buying club, but at the same time it is a recognized journalist in the region. Furthermore, as I said, there are several other newspapers and journalists who mention the high salary of both Patrick Berg, Marius Lode and Albert Grønnbak - including Børre Arntzen who is a sports journalist in Bodo's local newspaper (Avisa Nordland).

The problem with many of those articles is just that they are behind a paywall. I therefore chose to include an open article, despite possible prejudice, but I could just as easily have used this article from the sports bible, but in the world of journalism, Rune Robertsen is a bit more reputable then them when it comes to northern Norwegian clubs.
    https://sportsbibelen.no/sjokkrykter-hevder-flere-bodo-glimt-spiller-tjener-naermere-10-mill-i-aret/

In any case, I think it is important that the salary is at a slightly higher level, both so that they will not be poached by bigger clubs in the first transfer window, but also to reflect the reality that they came from the top five leagues and are unlikely to play for peanuts, regardless of whether it is 5, 6, 7 or 10 million a year.