• EFL Championship Data discussion

Ed Hewison
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This thread is to be used for discussion on the EFL Championship.

We understand that some data is subjective, so this thread should be used for discussing any data that you are concerned about or have an opinion on, that might not be considered as a bug.

Please be respectful of the opinions of other people, and try to keep discussion friendly and productive.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Bristol City - Generally looks very good. Some deserved downgrades for sure.

Changes:

Semenyo - Shoots with Power (majority of his shots are power shots rather than placed) and stronger weak foot (again, shoots a lot with his left and it's just as good as his right)

Naismith - Passing needs increasing a bit to 12/13. Very good passer and breaks lines often, just prone to making the wrong decision so it's fair decisions is 10

Tim Ap Sion - Maybe it's random attributes but pace of 11 needs to be much higher. He ran athletics in Guernsey and did 100m in 11.5s

https://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=948204

Cardiff City 

Steve Morison (Manager) & Tom Ramasut (Assistant Manager) were both sacked on 18th September but still at the club in the game.

Gavin Reen (Head of youth Development) apparently, Should be Academy operations manager (Obviously this isn't a role within the game) - This is going to be an issue with the pending arrival of Gavin Chesterfield on November 14th

Steve Sallis - Shows as a coach. When he is Head of Performance Mindset (Again not a role within the game - unless this is similar to a performance analyst?)

3 minutes ago, GriffiN94 said:

Tim Ap Sion - Maybe it's random attributes but pace of 11 needs to be much higher. He ran athletics in Guernsey and did 100m in 11.5s

https://www.thepowerof10.info/athletes/profile.aspx?athleteid=948204

Like many 16 year olds he's got a nearly blank profile at the moment. Name obviously hints at the Welsh eligibility but I've not seen it confirmed. Guernsey born, was previously selected for an England u16s side (https://gsy.bailiwickexpress.com/gsy/news/ec-student-selected-independent-schools-national-team/#.Y1GT-HbMLnY)

51 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

Cardiff City 

Steve Morison (Manager) & Tom Ramasut (Assistant Manager) were both sacked on 18th September but still at the club in the game.

Gavin Reen (Head of youth Development) apparently, Should be Academy operations manager (Obviously this isn't a role within the game) - This is going to be an issue with the pending arrival of Gavin Chesterfield on November 14th

Steve Sallis - Shows as a coach. When he is Head of Performance Mindset (Again not a role within the game - unless this is similar to a performance analyst?)

Definitely more of a coach role than analyst.

16 minutes ago, matt_neil41 said:

Definitely more of a coach role than analyst.

I'm not quite sure on that. Coaches I see as those who are there training squad. Not someone analysing and helping keep people in the right mindset.

29 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

I'm not quite sure on that. Coaches I see as those who are there training squad. Not someone analysing and helping keep people in the right mindset.

I've been an analyst for 10 years. It has never been my job to keep people in the right mindset.

• SI Staff
    1 hour ago, kopfan1977 said:

Cardiff City 

Hmm, that is unusual. The Cardiff job is vacant in the version of the game I am looking at. Ramasut remains as assistant IRL so is still there in this PRB database.

Chesterfield isn't at the club yet, and we don't have future moves of non-players in the game.

Sallis - in effect he's a coach. He'll work with players on the mental side of their game. That's the closest we can get with that.

birmingham city's ownership uncertainty isn't reflected in the game. feel like the current owners in the game should at least be looking to sell

I know it’s subjective, but Ross Stewart’s stats for Sunderland seem very, very off. His CA is a low League 1 player. He scored 26 in that league last season, and currently has 5 goals in 7 games in the Championship. His current data in real life has him as one of the most effective forwards in the league. 

Mikey O'Neil (2000040523) of Preston North End's surname is actually O'Neill.

https://www.pnefc.net/teams/u18s/midfielder/mikey-oneill/

Not sure if this is a Birmingham or Man UFC issue, but Tahith Chong cannot play in CM at all, yet he's played all-but one match this season in a midfield three for Birmingham.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tahith-chong/leistungsdaten/spieler/344830

18 hours ago, Dean Gripton said:

Hmm, that is unusual. The Cardiff job is vacant in the version of the game I am looking at. Ramasut remains as assistant IRL so is still there in this PRB database.

Chesterfield isn't at the club yet, and we don't have future moves of non-players in the game.

Sallis - in effect he's a coach. He'll work with players on the mental side of their game. That's the closest we can get with that.

Maybe I've misread what it said when I took over there then. And I honestly thought that Ramasut was let go at same time as Morison was. I stand corrected.

Chesterfield is set as a future move in the game. This is going to cause either Reen being removed from position or the board likely to block it. Probably the latter.

I get why Sallis is what he is. Despite my not thinking of him as a coach per se. 

• SI Staff

Thanks for all the messages so far. I've considered all of those points, and the database will be updated for the Release version of the game accordingly.

• SI Staff

Does the Gavin Chesterfield future move go through as you advance the game? If so, what happens to Reen? Let me know if you get that far, please.  

3 hours ago, Djroberts22 said:

I know it’s subjective, but Ross Stewart’s stats for Sunderland seem very, very off. His CA is a low League 1 player. He scored 26 in that league last season, and currently has 5 goals in 7 games in the Championship. His current data in real life has him as one of the most effective forwards in the league. 

Just wanted to bring actual data proof here.  

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2022/08/english-championship-stats-2022-23/

The Analyst showcases just how brilliant Ross Stewart has been as a forward in the Championship. There’s only three players who have 99+ attack contribution, Ross Stewart is one of them. 

Want to add this in too: One of the best complete forwards in the league using WyScout data:  

He’s a little better than a low/mid-table League 1 striker.

• SI Staff

Your valid point is shattered by claiming he is "a low/midtable L1 striker". His ranking, even before any reassessment, is not that of such a level of player.

Anyway, as mentioned above, I have considered his profile as I have considered all other comments in this thread.

His profile will be better in the Release version of the database which you will get on November 8th. You must remember the version of the game you are looking at is a beta, and there will be thousands of data updates and amendments that have been made between Beta database being extracted, and the final Release database. 

Swansea City - I've noticed in my Swansea city save that Jay Fulton has a 3 match suspension at the beginning of the season. This is inaccurate he had a suspension that carried over from 2020-21 to 21-22 but not from 21-22 into 22-23 

loving the game so far & can't wait for full release 

image.jpg

image.jpg

On Hull City's transfer history page Robbie McKenzie is shown as outgoing this summer - he left 3 summers ago and is about to start his 3rd season at Gillingham. On his player history is displays him as signing for Gillingham on a free twice (this season & 2 seasons ago)

55 minutes ago, RobE92 said:

On Hull City's transfer history page Robbie McKenzie is shown as outgoing this summer - he left 3 summers ago and is about to start his 3rd season at Gillingham. On his player history is displays him as signing for Gillingham on a free twice (this season & 2 seasons ago)

He did re-sign for Gillingham this summer but odd as to why he's on Hull's page.

1 hour ago, alexcthomas2000 said:

Swansea City - I've noticed in my Swansea city save that Jay Fulton has a 3 match suspension at the beginning of the season. This is inaccurate he had a suspension that carried over from 2020-21 to 21-22 but not from 21-22 into 22-23 

Good catch. 

• SI Staff

I caught Fulton already (as you may have seen in the private test, swansongs!), but thanks for reporting it.

Indeed, there were a small number of early-season suspensions that have also been fixed.