• Addition to Football Manager 2023.

MFlay
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

Good afternoon,

I previously created a topic advising how I am a freelance Scout currently working with Exeter City and their backroom staff was incorrect. In this post I did question the possibility of myself being added into the game but was told this was not a possibility as I am not contracted to a club.

I note there are many backroom staff as Free Agents in the game and not contracted to the club, some are even newgens to fill the space to allow adequate number of staff out of work. One I did note was Jakub Szewczyk who at the release of FM23 was an out of work Scout with no previous job history, but I now imagine will be contracted to Dinamo Tbilisi as he a contracted role with them. So I wondered how come he could be added to the game as an out of work Scout with no job history but I am not able too - I have recently been working with other Football League clubs, and while I will not be able to send across reports from this season due to the players reported on being ongoing targets leading into January just gone and now the Summer window, I do have reports from last season I can send across to show I am telling the truth and not just looking to unnecessarily get on the game without a legitimate reason.

Please let me know how I can go about this, if I need to speak to anyone directly via e-mail or other means and if any more information is required please let me know.

Many thanks,

Mark

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Email us at scouting@sigames.com with detail explaining why we should add you, including proof that you have been employed as a scout.

We require proof as we aim to discourage chancers who try to pull the wool over our eyes regarding their "scouting" prowess and experience

Hi Dean,

Thank you for this - I have only just noticed your response, apologies.

I have emailed the address provided with some information and will await a response.

Thanks again,

Mark

Hi @Dean Gripton,

I emailed the email address you advised and the response I received was an automated response regarding my interest for getting involved with research for Football Manager.

It advised the email would be reviewed in full and my details would be added to a list of potential researchers but this is not what my query was regarding.

All I am hoping to do is be added to the game as a Free Agent member of staff, as I am in real life, so it's one less need for a made-up member of staff in the Free Agency list on the game, because for all the realism of the game, when there are newgen members of staff with very good stats at the very start of the game, it seems silly when there are real people out there.

I am happy to provide any proof you require, but the email mentioned is not for looking to be added into the game, and i'm not sure how else I go about this if i'm honest.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,

Mark