• Lower League teams

Oggimon
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This may be a non-issue in the grand scheme of things, but a good chunk of teams in Croatia (lower than Treca Liga) seem to have the default blue home, white away default kits. Will this be updated at all? I've gone around smaller nations to see how they compare and even NZ has better attention to minor teams. As I said, it is a minor issue when compared to others, but still a bit disappointing. 

Cheers.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello mate,

I can not deny you on that "small" detail regarding club colors and that's something, we, (Croatian) researchers  should take a look at..

Hopefully, you are aware that majority of clubs in third level (Druga Liga) and fourth level (Treća Liga with 5 subgroups) have very decent number of RL players included in their squads.. And most of that was done in last 2 years..

Also, every lower league club from Croatia available in game has been set with founding year, stadium, city..

So keeping that in mind, I believe we have done amazing work.. But yes, we should aim being better every year regarding club and player data..

Yes, I am impressed with some of this detail. But I have also noticed that the teams in question, especially once we get to the Prvu Zupanijsku ligu, the detail begins to veer off 2023 and it is, in fact, 2021/2022 information. (each Zupanijska liga is missing several 2022/2023 teams, but have the teams from 2021/2022 teams included).

I was just checking out the teams in Austria and cannot believe that they have like 800 (obvious exaggeration for effect :-) ) teams in their database. I doubt that Austria has that many active real game teams.

Now, I am very happy with the progress taking place with the teams from Hrvatske, but I am a little disappointed at how much I might need to do in the editor :-). Oh well, like I said, it is a minor thing, not a major. The platform for me to work from is already awesome to begin with, so, adding a few teams shouldnt be an issue.

Hvala.

Hi @OggimonThanks for understanding.

I agree with @Luke Cro

It's in our best interest to get the DB to the best possible state. You have to realise there just a few of us with a limited amount of time for a very substantial task of maintaining the Croatian DB. This year we're in the different setup.

Since the first and second division are actually playable in the game, that has to be in the best possible condition every year. The third division clubs are also very important since they're being promoted to the playable 2nd division, etc. 

That's not dismissing other lower division clubs and we do them as well and will continue to improve them, but unfortunately we can only do as much as we can do. Bear with us, and you're free to make a feedback anytime :)

Having that in mind, if you or anyone else reading this thinks they can help, just send me a message and we can talk about it and make you a researcher if you're willing to make a valuable contribution. Cheers :)

11 hours ago, kpain16 said:

Hi @OggimonThanks for understanding.

I agree with @Luke Cro

It's in our best interest to get the DB to the best possible state. You have to realise there just a few of us with a limited amount of time for a very substantial task of maintaining the Croatian DB. This year we're in the different setup.

Since the first and second division are actually playable in the game, that has to be in the best possible condition every year. The third division clubs are also very important since they're being promoted to the playable 2nd division, etc. 

That's not dismissing other lower division clubs and we do them as well and will continue to improve them, but unfortunately we can only do as much as we can do. Bear with us, and you're free to make a feedback anytime :)

Having that in mind, if you or anyone else reading this thinks they can help, just send me a message and we can talk about it and make you a researcher if you're willing to make a valuable contribution. Cheers :)

What does researching entail, what timing is expected, and are any of you employed in other work, or is this your main source of income? Cheers

3 hours ago, Oggimon said:

What does researching entail, what timing is expected, and are any of you employed in other work, or is this your main source of income? Cheers

Research is voluntary.. You won't get paid for it, but SI will reward you with free copy of the game.. It takes a lot of free time if you are doing research properly..

On the other hand, there was idea to introduce more lower league teams from our country, e.g. "NK Borinci Jarmina" are included this year.. Ok, one club doesn't mean a lot, but sadly, SI didn't allow adding any more clubs as they didn't find it crucial for the game (and FM database) at this moment..

However, I believe you are familiar with Cro Manager community releasing HNL database every year.. I was helping them out with that.. Hopefully I will release my database here on SI forum, once database is ready for playing.. so you will be able to take control of any club in Croatia..

20 hours ago, Luke Cro said:

Research is voluntary.. You won't get paid for it, but SI will reward you with free copy of the game.. It takes a lot of free time if you are doing research properly..

On the other hand, there was idea to introduce more lower league teams from our country, e.g. "NK Borinci Jarmina" are included this year.. Ok, one club doesn't mean a lot, but sadly, SI didn't allow adding any more clubs as they didn't find it crucial for the game (and FM database) at this moment..

However, I believe you are familiar with Cro Manager community releasing HNL database every year.. I was helping them out with that.. Hopefully I will release my database here on SI forum, once database is ready for playing.. so you will be able to take control of any club in Croatia..

Out of interest, what are you planning to do?

I was going to create a full system from HNL to 1. Zupanijske Lige (which, I believe is Tier6). I have started a process of checking for all clubs and it gets a bit inaccurate at Tier5 and 6, Not sure if I can be bothered creating all of those extra clubs for the sake of accuracy.

My question to you, how do you go about dealing with accuracy in promotion and relegation. Hrvatska is pretty useless and corrupt at the best of times in footy (Inter Zapresic, NK Zadar to HNK Zadar), so, half the time, promotion is based on funds and finances IRL. Do you create any measures around that, or just do a naturally up and down promo relegation system? 

Thanks.