• Rule Group has empty discipline rules

Azubiyo
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello folks, I always get this warning "Rule Group has empty discipline...." on the loading screen in the game. The warning window comes up twice and then the loading process crashes and I'm out. I select my editor record in "Career Game Settings" and then go to advanced database options. There I make my choice and then I go to Start Game. 30 seconds later the warning windows come up. Regardless of whether I create a version with basic rules or with advanced rules in the Fm23 editor, it doesn't work. In previous FM I never had such problems. I can't find any errors in my self-created editor database and so far I haven't found a solution in this forum. Is the error here in my editor database, or is it a general error that is still being fixed?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same issue, reported it and as far as I know, they are working on it. 

Out of curiosity, what nation did you use to get this? For me, I get it with Canada and USA.

I created a kind of SuperLeague system with 10 leagues and a cup competition. Teams from all over the world, also from USA. I have Germany as my base nation, so all teams are assigned to Germany. Took me 10 hours. It worked every year, just not this year.

Okay well I just did the same test for Germany as I did for USA and Canada and it worked without getting that error. I'd be willing to bet if you removed the US teams your DB might work but it would be interesting to see what SI has to say about this. 

First...you're awesome. I took out all the US teams and replaced them with others. The error messages still come... but I can play, at least for now. However, I would prefer my database of US teams and I would like to have the problem solved...as will you. But a big thank you to you. I will name a goalscorer trophy after you...

Well thank you. I have been trying to see where it is happening in hopes that I can help the SI team if needed. 

But good luck and hopefully SI releases a new update that sorts this issue out soon.

I wanted to chime in that I'm having the same issue as Digi (hi old chap) and Azubiyo. I'll attache my files in case that helps with the troubleshooting. (Again, it's a US and Canada database, so it may somehow be related to the recoding of the US that happened this year.)

Canada - 4 Tiers - CEUD.fmf CONCACAF Continental Competitions - CEUD.fmf Mexico - 3 Tiers - CEUD.fmf USA - 10 Tiers - CEUD.fmf

I've had the same problem. I added the Canadian premier league teams to a new North American structure and lost the North American Championsleague. Which might be related. I also tried to create a new continental cup comp for US and Mexico but it said the United States wasn't in the correct continent although it is/ 

On 17/11/2022 at 17:00, Digijustin said:

I have the same issue, reported it and as far as I know, they are working on it. 

Out of curiosity, what nation did you use to get this? For me, I get it with Canada and USA.

Same here, Canada for me.

17 minutes ago, TroubleMan said:

I'm having this error, but after I hit okay on the error, it works and everything runs fine in FM23.

Yeah I simmed a while and didn't see anything funky. I do worry about how the game works in later years. 

Still hoping to get a fix soon from SI as there are many of us waiting for this. 

3 minutes ago, TroubleMan said:

I holidayed for 5 years in game, and no issue, but who knows if that applies to everybody.

I also wonder if there may be differences in playing versus simming as I simmed mine about 15 years and everything looked good but not sure if I was to play, there wouldn't be issues that occur. 

It's similar to me.

I created an European Super League in place of the german leagues, 8 divisions in 7 tiers iirc. Verifying seemed to work fine but then I had the error show up. 

When creating a game it comes up as

Spoiler

warnings-and-errors

Warning: Rule group has empty discipline rules.

When I load a previous created game with that database, it comes up as

Spoiler

warnings-and-errors

Warning: Rule group has empty discipline rules.

recalloc(0)

I have since tried to circumvent this and play around in the editor, fill in all discipline rules, but the result was always the same.

The error messages do show up 7 times (probably because that's the amount of levels I created), then the game starts like normal. However, in testing (via holidaying) I found that it crashes a few months in.

@Abdullah PatelI know I'm being very optimistic here, but do you perhaps already know if we can expect a fix soon-ish?

Edited by MRC

I can confirm this as well. I tested with DBs I created with old version of FM23 and newly created DBs today. 

I know you can't tell us when to expect a fix but is this issue being worked on? 

I might have figured out what causes the problem, at least for my and probably @MRC's case, I don't know whether this applies to the other cases in this thread.

It appears to be a problem with reserve teams being deleted after changing the nation of a club.

Interesting @V2023. I read through that thread and got an idea. I scrapped all the leagues in USA and created 2 to test and added only 2 new teams that I created to each. So basically 4 teams in total in USA. 

I created 2 versions of the DB, Basic and Advanced. 

The Basic one passes testing but upon starting a new save, I get the dreaded popup about "Empty Discipline Rules" again. But the save will still start but I'm not sure how it'll last. 

The Advanced one failed on validation the same as already reported and doesn't validate. 

None of the teams have any reserve teams and there are no reserve leagues. I was hopeful that this would be the fix for me but I don't think it is. 

I'm hoping SI is working on this and comes out with a fix soon. Game isn't playable at the moment and that sucks. 

I have the same problem porting my leagues from FM22.

"Rule group has empty discipline rules" pops up once for every league in the database.

Just to add to this thread and add to the number of people encountering this problem.

I'm trying to build a MLS Super League with English transfer rules and European season dates but still retain a playoff ending. Like others, I've deleted the MLS, MLS Cup and Eastern and Western Conferences and re-made them. When I do this via the simple rules, it'll come up with "empty discpline rules" but be playable. Thought I would go into the advanced to see if I could navigate the issue by working in the settings - all I get is the "Ordinal0(0)" issue.

Had wondered if it was in the Discipline Rules Index and that set at 0, that's not right for this type of league but I don't really know how to find the list of those.

Still quite new to this level of editing and hoping I'm not being daft and that this is actually an issue that could be fixed

Adding to this thread after the new patch. I have made a superleague with teams from all over Europe and placed them all in Finland. I am still getting the same error message. Has anyone figured out how to solve this?

The problem has not been resolved with the patch.

Here is description of the problem in a file I have been working on for the Bosnian Football Pyramid.