Jump to content
  • Work Permits being rejected incorrectly


    morrisb88
    • Public Status: Need More Info Need More Examples: No
     Share

    I am unable to sign any players that require a work permit. When I'm negotiating the contract I follow the rules below and offer a contract of £9.75K. However, it get's rejected saying submitting this offer with a wage of N/A or above would earn him enough points.

    Any ideas?

     

    image.png.beb85ce9b4ff3c832654c363c2bf48d9.png

     

    image.thumb.png.36894db086ea9b8dbf64136075c29751.png

     Share


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    • SI Staff
    17 hours ago, RunDMLee said:

    Has this been fixed yet it is completely game breaking

    This issue is still with the dev team at the moment. We appreciate your patience whilst the team investigates the issue.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    On 23/12/2021 at 11:34, Desmond Richardson said:

    This issue is still with the dev team at the moment. We appreciate your patience whilst the team investigates the issue.

    It’s been 6 months and still not fixed Jesus Christ man

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • SI Staff
    54 minutes ago, Mathie said:

    It’s been 6 months and still not fixed Jesus Christ man

    You can still find out if a player is likely to get a work permit by asking the agent, scouting the player or using the player search filters beforehand. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

    You can still find out if a player is likely to get a work permit by asking the agent, scouting the player or using the player search filters beforehand. 

    No no no no no. Every work permit gets rejected no matter what, you can meet the requirements to gain the permit and it will always reject. It’s a game breaking bug 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • SI Staff
    17 minutes ago, Mathie said:

    No no no no no. Every work permit gets rejected no matter what, you can meet the requirements to gain the permit and it will always reject. It’s a game breaking bug 

    Please can you provide the following information?

    An example of a player you've tried to sign
    A screenshot of the number of caps the player has.
    Describe the value of the offer you've made for that specific player

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    34 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

    Please can you provide the following information?

    An example of a player you've tried to sign
    A screenshot of the number of caps the player has.
    Describe the value of the offer you've made for that specific player

    Mate if you look to the first post on the thread you can quite clearly see the problem, the guy has provided screenshots

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

    Please can you provide the following information?

    An example of a player you've tried to sign
    A screenshot of the number of caps the player has.
    Describe the value of the offer you've made for that specific player

     

    BBBA879E-ADFB-47B7-BFD4-2A2FFF51CD20.jpeg

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • SI Staff
    52 minutes ago, Mathie said:

     

    BBBA879E-ADFB-47B7-BFD4-2A2FFF51CD20.jpeg

    Thank you very much for providing the photo and the player example. As you can imagine, this will change on a case by case basis. I would say it's highly unlikely that this player fits the criteria.

    Criteria

    The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is in the top 25% of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows - 3 points

    The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is between the 50th and 75th % of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows - 2 points

    The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club - 3 points

    The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club are between the 50th and 75th % of all the top 30 earners at the club - 2 points

    The player’s current club is in a Top League[3] and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes - 1 point

    The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of the Champions League, Europa League or the Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes - 1 point

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

    Thank you very much for providing the photo and the player example. As you can imagine, this will change on a case by case basis. I would say it's highly unlikely that this player fits the criteria.

    Criteria

    The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is in the top 25% of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows - 3 points

    The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is between the 50th and 75th % of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows - 2 points

    The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club - 3 points

    The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club are between the 50th and 75th % of all the top 30 earners at the club - 2 points

    The player’s current club is in a Top League[3] and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes - 1 point

    The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of the Champions League, Europa League or the Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes - 1 point

    Mate you can clearly see that ain’t the problem open your eyes and look at the other people talking about the same issue 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

    Thank you very much for providing the photo and the player example. As you can imagine, this will change on a case by case basis. I would say it's highly unlikely that this player fits the criteria.

    Criteria

    The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is in the top 25% of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows - 3 points

    The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is between the 50th and 75th % of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows - 2 points

    The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club - 3 points

    The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club are between the 50th and 75th % of all the top 30 earners at the club - 2 points

    The player’s current club is in a Top League[3] and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes - 1 point

    The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of the Champions League, Europa League or the Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes - 1 point

    716ED07C-DBF9-40F6-9AD0-C5FA7380DC0C.jpeg.f0c541dcbc5c96d29d75ef90e00130b1.jpeg4CD28F51-46BF-416D-9DE0-2809499FADA0.jpeg.8157d75663b559ea45ec4b6bcd0c32b6.jpegNow I suggest you have a very close look at that first images where it says 1.1k in wages would earn him enough points for his permit I gave him 5.5k and in the 2nd image it is now saying N/A. Don’t try tell me I don’t know what a work permit is

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I am also having the same issue and have done ever since the Xbox edition of FM22 has been out. Desmond I would really like to know the outcome of the dev team looking into the issue last December as this bug has ruined many saves for me meaning I can only choose certain teams to manage and certain players to sign if I want to have a non-limited experience. I appreciate that work permit rejections are part of the game but when every single application gets rejected it’s a bit of a joke.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • SI Staff

    @Mathie You are quite right, there is a problem. That's why the bug is still open and not marked as resolved. We're not trying to hide from that fact and we try and be as open and transparent as we possibly can be.

    The issue here isn't a fault with the functionality. The functionality aspect of the work permit application process is working correctly. The issue in question is a cosmetic issue which shouldn't be appearing which makes these transfers seem attainable. This is why my first advice was the following: You can still find out if a player is likely to get a work permit by asking the agent, scouting the player or using the player search filters beforehand. Using the following advice should rule out players who are likely to not obtain a work permit.

    @KGilchrist99 I understand what you're saying - I get frustrated at times too. Especially after Brexit, I had to adapt my managerial style just like many others have done so. Hopefully my explanation above also explains this for you.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

    @Mathie You are quite right, there is a problem. That's why the bug is still open and not marked as resolved. We're not trying to hide from that fact and we try and be as open and transparent as we possibly can be.

    The issue here isn't a fault with the functionality. The functionality aspect of the work permit application process is working correctly. The issue in question is a cosmetic issue which shouldn't be appearing which makes these transfers seem attainable. This is why my first advice was the following: You can still find out if a player is likely to get a work permit by asking the agent, scouting the player or using the player search filters beforehand. Using the following advice should rule out players who are likely to not obtain a work permit.

    @KGilchrist99 I understand what you're saying - I get frustrated at times too. Especially after Brexit, I had to adapt my managerial style just like many others have done so. Hopefully my explanation above also explains this for you.

    Thanks but I don’t need advice or an explanation, if you look at the thread I created I give you evidence that in most cases it’s literally impossible to sign players who require work permits and there’s no work around that by scouting or using the player search filters or even by asking the agent which isn’t even a feature on the Xbox edition.
    Yes you can the first 2 of them methods to see if a player is eligible for a work permit or not if you’re a club not based in Britain, but if you are it’s literally impossible to sign a player who needs a work permit unless you pay both the required transfer fee AND the required wage, I have tested this and I also stated it in my thread.
    This means that unless you have a large transfer budget you simply cannot sign a player who requires a work permit. Impossible for smaller clubs, impossible to sign free agents and also impossible to sign players on loan. There is no filter or method of scouting to get around it.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • SI Staff

    It is extremely difficult in real life too. I notice on the screenshots you're playing as Sunderland. The team I support, Preston North End, where trying to sign former Norwich loanee Xavi Quintillà this summer. This is a player who has previously played in England, and is currently contracted to Villarreal. Yet, he still didn't accumulate enough points to secure a work permit. So now we're on the hunt for another left sided wing-back. You just need to look at the transfer activity in the EFL to see how rare an EU to EFL transfer is since the rule changes. Having just done a bit of research Kenneth Paal's transfer to QPR is one of the one deals I can find that has been completed this summer from an EU club to EFL club.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...