• Impossibility to join an online game

Akasha
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Hi, 

In this french thread, the user explain me he wants to play online with his friend, but none of twice is able to join the server the other create.

Are you aware about a similar bug ? Do you need more information ?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for flagging this with us @Akasha

We unfortunately have two separate issues relating to network games at the moment. I have linked the two threads below. Please feel free to follow those threads for further updates.

There have been some changes in this area on the server side. If you could please try and connect to your online games when you get the chance that would be greatly appreciated. Please let us know how you get on.

We are fully aware that some specific users still may face problems. We are still working alongside Epic to resolve the problem for those affected after the server implementation. 

A little precision the french user says me : it happens with online game with nation. When they want to play online with club, it's ok.

Il y a 16 heures, Desmond Richardson a dit :

If you could please try and connect to your online games when you get the chance that would be greatly appreciated. 

For sur, i could try to connect on an online game friday afternoon or this weekend if you want to do some test. :) 

I’m having the same problem when joining online games.. we were playing fine on Saturday but by Monday it had stopped, especially after the new update. 

238A3EDA-2444-4346-8A85-CAE0E2C53740.jpeg

14 hours ago, tomc180 said:

I’m having the same problem when joining online games.. we were playing fine on Saturday but by Monday it had stopped, especially after the new update. 

Can you please confirm whether you and all your friends are playing on the latest version of the game? You can find this info on the main menu within the panel under preferences. It should be 22.4.1.

If not all of you are on the same version this is usually the error message you will receive. 

4 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Can you please confirm whether you and all your friends are playing on the latest version of the game? You can find this info on the main menu within the panel under preferences. It should be 22.4.1.

If not all of you are on the same version this is usually the error message you will receive. 

We are all on the same version yes 

4 minutes ago, tomc180 said:

We are all on the same version yes 

Can you also confirm when your game save was originally created?
    If you start a new online career does this currently work for you and your friends?
    Are you playing via Xbox or PC? If you're playing via Xbox can you confirm which console version?

1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Can you also confirm when your game save was originally created?
    If you start a new online career does this currently work for you and your friends?
    Are you playing via Xbox or PC? If you're playing via Xbox can you confirm which console version?

We’re all playing on the Xbox version but I believe some have Series X and some Xbox One. The original save game was created sometime in late March I can’t remember the exact date but worked up until Monday this week. We have tried creating a new game but I still hasn’t worked. 

42 minutes ago, tomc180 said:

We’re all playing on the Xbox version but I believe some have Series X and some Xbox One. The original save game was created sometime in late March I can’t remember the exact date but worked up until Monday this week. We have tried creating a new game but I still hasn’t worked. 

Thank you very much for the additional info this is really helpful. 

On 06/04/2022 at 17:14, Desmond Richardson said:

Thank you very much for the additional info this is really helpful. 

Is there any update regarding “Joining Online Game” issue or is there been no further developments?