• Its still here

Antonio12032
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Hi there,

After the new update I started a new career and, again, I am now in the pre-season of the 2nd season and crashes start to occur during matches. I am on the 27th july 2022. I will try to go further in the career but it is a bit worrying that its happening again. At least I can still start the game and the crashes aren't constant..yet.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 15/12/2021 at 11:26, Desmond Richardson said:

Hey @Antonio12032, can you please confirm have you downloaded the latest minor update which was released yesterday? Can you also check which game version you're playing? You can find this in the Game Status menu. Thank you very much for all your assistance. 

Hi, I'm playing version 1.0.4 and have had it happen twice today. Is there a new fix coming soon?

Hi guys, 

I’ve had this issue for a weeks now, no update has fixed this on my original save. I had all the top five leagues loaded. Same version as above.

I got to my second season, I couldn’t load into a game, I thought I was being clever when I instant resulted the game and then continued to progress to the following week. Little did I know that my game would then crash and I was unable to load the game up again. 

I have managed to create a new user and played FM on the new account, I am currently in 2025 and so far it’s running smoothly. 

I have played FM on my switch for a few years and this is the first time something like this has happened, I’m a bit skeptical that I put all this time and effort into the save file just for it to crash and I have to start all over again. 

This has been going on for a couple of months and needs to be fixed ASAP 

Hi, 

It started on the 29th of October 2022 that’s when I was unable to load into a game. I then instant resulted that fixture to be clever and then on the 5/11/2022 I was unable to move forward, I kept on getting kicked out of the actual game back to the switch Home Screen. I’ve been unable to start up my game as it always kicks me off.

But in my previous comment my career under a new user is going well… for now.

if you need any other info please let me know.  

Edited by Daniel matt

5 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

@jens_dewit thanks for confirming those additional details. @Daniel matt is your crash happening on a specific date too?

This information is used so our dev team can try and reproduce the issues you're experiencing. 

Do you have any ETA on a fix? If not, is there any way I can get a refund? It's simply unplayable if it crashes every 2 games, losing my progress...

• Administrators

Sorry for the lack of updates during the festive period. Rest assured, we are still in the progress of investigating the issue and will update on here as soon as we have news.

Thank you.

On 28/12/2021 at 10:59, Jimmy Wong said:

Sorry for the lack of updates during the festive period. Rest assured, we are still in the progress of investigating the issue and will update on here as soon as we have news.

Thank you.

Any updates in this regard?

15 hours ago, jens_dewit said:

Any updates in this regard?

Thanks for your patience, Jens. Can you confirm how old your save file is? Did you start it before the latest update?

On 05/01/2022 at 13:20, Desmond Richardson said:

Thanks for your patience, Jens. Can you confirm how old your save file is? Did you start it before the latest update?

I started it on the 25th of december, after I bought it on the 24th.

On 06/01/2022 at 19:11, jens_dewit said:

I started it on the 25th of december, after I bought it on the 24th.

Can you confirm whether or not the crashes are happening in the middle of matches, when you're continuing, on the tactics screen? 

Can you also provide us with the team/nation you are managing, what leagues and nations you have loaded, what mode you're playing (career, create a club or challenge) and if the crash is happening in the middle of a match, is it happening during highlights? Finally, whether it's happening in the first or second half would be really useful information too.

1 hour ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Can you confirm whether or not the crashes are happening in the middle of matches, when you're continuing, on the tactics screen? 

Can you also provide us with the team/nation you are managing, what leagues and nations you have loaded, what mode you're playing (career, create a club or challenge) and if the crash is happening in the middle of a match, is it happening during highlights? Finally, whether it's happening in the first or second half would be really useful information too.

I'm managing Rupel Boom in Belgium (3 leagues loaded), England (2 leagues) and MLS, but it's happened as well when managing Newcastle in England (2 leagues), Belgium (2 leagues) and MLS.

It's been in first halves 99% of the time, once in the second half. Always shortly after a highlight started playing, on comprehensive.

Hey @jens_dewit thanks to your additional information this is now with the dev team. They're currently working on this issue. We will get back to you once we have an update on the situation. For now, we thank you very much for helping us, and also thank you for your patience. 

@jens_dewitjust finally, Jens. Is it possible to provide some information on what happens before the crash? What are the steps that are usually taken right before the crash occurs? This will help our team try and reproduce the crash. I've provided an example below.

Start game > navigate to tactics tab > click on striker position > select Advanced Forward = Game crashes

So I know you mentioned it usually crashes in the first half of games, but can you think of anything you may have tweaked or done during that half?

57 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

@jens_dewitjust finally, Jens. Is it possible to provide some information on what happens before the crash? What are the steps that are usually taken right before the crash occurs? This will help our team try and reproduce the crash. I've provided an example below.

Start game > navigate to tactics tab > click on striker position > select Advanced Forward = Game crashes

So I know you mentioned it usually crashes in the first half of games, but can you think of anything you may have tweaked or done during that half?

Tricky question. I'll try to pay more attention to it next time it happens, but iirc it happened in games where I just started the game and let it play out, without really doing or clicking on anything.

It's never crashed right after any specific action so there's no real trigger for it as far as I'm aware.

9 minutes ago, jens_dewit said:

Tricky question. I'll try to pay more attention to it next time it happens, but iirc it happened in games where I just started the game and let it play out, without really doing or clicking on anything.

It's never crashed right after any specific action so there's no real trigger for it as far as I'm aware.

Next time it happens please let us know. It's often a series of actions or a combination of them that may trigger something. So any additional information will really help the team. We appreciate all your help with this.

8 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Next time it happens please let us know. It's often a series of actions or a combination of them that may trigger something. So any additional information will really help the team. We appreciate all your help with this.

Am I to interpret this as 'we haven't encountered this issue ourselves'? :D 

19 minutes ago, jens_dewit said:

Am I to interpret this as 'we haven't encountered this issue ourselves'? :D 

Yes and no is the honest answer, but more leaning towards the latter.

We've obviously got users like yourself who are struggling with this issue, and other users who are playing without any troubles. So with the additional information you provide us with we try our best to replicate the scenario as accurately as possible so we can reproduce the error.

Once we reproduce the error we can then directly try and diagnose the issue. There are so many variables that could be at play. 

3 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Yes and no is the honest answer, but more leaning towards the latter.

We've obviously got users like yourself who are struggling with this issue, and other users who are playing without any troubles. So with the additional information you provide us with we try our best to replicate the scenario as accurately as possible so we can reproduce the error.

Once we reproduce the error we can then directly try and diagnose the issue. There are so many variables that could be at play. 

Just had one in the extra time at the end of a game with Newcastle. Had 3 subs on, then one off injured. Highlight started playing and then the crash. No real intervention from my side right before.

17 minutes ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Thanks so much for the updates @jens_dewit.

Have you used the same highlight and speed settings throughout your save and have you always played on comprehensive? Do you ever rewind the footage and watch previous highlights?

Speed and vantage points remain the same (scroll-overhead view, not sure what's it called in-game, for highlights, 2d for replays). I never rewind. I do sometimes switch between comprehensive and extended.

6 hours ago, jens_dewit said:

Speed and vantage points remain the same (scroll-overhead view, not sure what's it called in-game, for highlights, 2d for replays). I never rewind. I do sometimes switch between comprehensive and extended.

Thanks so much or all your help with this @jens_dewit, you've been extremely helpful.

17 hours ago, Desmond Richardson said:

Thanks so much or all your help with this @jens_dewit, you've been extremely helpful.

You're welcome. I was ready to throw this game out the window after the third time it happened, but the truth is I like it way too much for that. It's such a huge improvement over my previous FM (19 for Switch) that I just want to see this succeed and be able to play this bug-free.

If there's anything else you need, let me know.