• Club Captain problem

truereddevil92
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Message added by Desmond Richardson,

Please be aware that these comments were copied here from another source and that the date and time shown for each comment may not be accurate.

When the option came up to choose my captain for the upcoming season, I changed my captain to Bruno Fernandes. However according to Harry Maguires profile, he is still pleased to be the club captain. As you can see Harry Maguire is nowhere to be seen on the list for club captains. 

Screenshot_20211114_175838_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

Screenshot_20211114_175851_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I had a comparable problem where the captain changed occured but the players didn't aknowledge it. It may be linked to making a first transfer day one (not sure).

I have a savefile and will update this message with it as soon as I understand how to do that.

Edit: hmm I'm having trouble uploading the file. The site tells me that the maximum size is 9 Mo, when the savefile is 42 Mo...

I met this in my save, too. After Schmeichel retired, Luke Thomas become team captain even he is not in the captain list. 

I have to clear the captain list and re-arrange the captains to solve this issue.

14 hours ago, José-Manuel Malfleury said:

I had a comparable problem where the captain changed occured but the players didn't aknowledge it. It may be linked to making a first transfer day one (not sure).

I have a savefile and will update this message with it as soon as I understand how to do that.

Edit: hmm I'm having trouble uploading the file. The site tells me that the maximum size is 9 Mo, when the savefile is 42 Mo...

You can upload saves through the game.

Settings -> Support & Legal -> Report an issue.

@MikaelSGood to know, thanks. Unfortunately it made my game crash when sending the file heheh. I'll retry.

The workaround I found (if players don't acknowledge a captain change) was to change again to a pair of captains that my players wouldn't be upset with, then change back again to the two I wanted. All players reacted to both of these new changes, and don't seem to mind me having changed captain thrice in one day.

• SI Staff
    49 minutes ago, José-Manuel Malfleury said:

The workaround I found (if players don't acknowledge a captain change) was to change again to a pair of captains that my players wouldn't be upset with, then change back again to the two I wanted. All players reacted to both of these new changes, and don't seem to mind me having changed captain thrice in one day.

The way I set things up in game the players only react to the 'current' captain rather than switching them, this was to prevent people feeling they're 'messed things up' if they accidentally made a mistake and appointed the wrong captain (so this is intentional - which not 'wholly' realistic, it allows people to make accidental mistakes in the UI and correct them).

On 17/11/2021 at 11:21, Ben Voisey said:

Hi 

Would you be able to send a save across where this issue is occurring 

Thanks

With how much I would love to send you my save across to you, I simply can't. I'm having the same problem as last year. The saved game couldn't be uploaded. I've tried numerous times but to no avail. 

Screenshot_20211121_192236_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

• SI Staff
    On 24/11/2021 at 14:36, truereddevil92 said:

With how much I would love to send you my save across to you, I simply can't. I'm having the same problem as last year. The saved game couldn't be uploaded. I've tried numerous times but to no avail. 

Screenshot_20211121_192236_com.sega.soccer.manager.jpg

If you're having issues uploading saves via the in-game issue reporting functions there are other options for uploading saves to us. More information is available in the following post: