• Defensive teams have insane pass completion and pass total rates

backpocket
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Copy pasting this comment of mine from the general feedback thread. The mentioned match PKM is attached.

Teams with lower mentalities being able to keep the ball forever really needs to be fixed, or it'll just be FM 20 all over again.

Was doing a Bayern test save and Arminia Bielefeld, a team that finished 15th last season (out of 18 teams), and a relegation contender (17th) this year is 2nd in possession in my Bundesliga save.

1265829313_defenderpossessionbug.PNG.ad626f0289cda2dd694ba839e3d65b49.PNG

Also note that Bayern and Dortmund can't even reach 50%, because every team is playing keep ball against them when they have possession.

To get an idea of how bad they pass the ball between themselves, these are the stats from a match where Bayern beat Arminia 9-0. Notice how Arminia has a 94% pass completion rate and nearly 600 completed passes and all that while being 1 man down since the 7th minute.

laugh.PNG.edec6bfd6712af4b7eef4bf93015fb09.PNG

Despite the result, they're actually doing really well in the league, and are currently 7th. This really gives me shades of FM20 where a defensive team like Brighton always finishes in the top 6-8 each season thanks to endless ball possession.

bug.PNG.21fbc1f46e8346ca0c4dd10776be2c69.PNG

Think I'll wait for the update before playing again and hope this will be patched up. There are a lot of good things in FM 22, but a defensive opponent having 600 passes between their backline is really sad.

FC Bayern v Arminia Bielefeld 9-0.pkm

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Play a game between a strong team in the league and a weaker team that will shut up shop against them.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Here are a couple more examples. All of them are in the Bundesliga, and manage to complete 500-600 passes at nearly 90% completion rate and 50% possession or better.

The only exception is Greifswalder which is a semi pro team that managed to complete 439 passes at an 85% rate, with 56% possession against Bayern.

FC Augsburg v FC Bayern.pkm FC Bayern v Hertha BSC.pkm FC Bayern v Hoffenheim.pkm FC Bayern v SC Freiburg.pkm FC Bayern v VfL Bochum.pkm Greifswald v FC Bayern.pkm Borussia M'gladbach v FC Bayern.pkm

Edited by backpocket

This issue has been raised in quite a few other/ previous threads on the forum and is apparently under review. Here is what I had to say myself: imo it's down to there being NO pressing and EVERY centre-back acting the same regardless of their stats

6 months into my first season and i've yet to see a team finish with less than a 90% pass completion ratio( pcr) against me. i have 2 tactics, a tika-taka possesion and a gegenpress high intensity tactic. makes no difference which one i choose, the opposition be that athletico madrid, man city, burnley or blackburn rovers always finish with 90% +. I decided to look around the leagues. every one has a spread between 92%-86% be that league 2 or la liga. every one. approx. 140 teams with the lowest at 86%. that's scunthorpe united playing like man city. no long ball, no route 1, just every team attempting to play like city. my u-18s team have a league high 92% pcr with an average passing attribute of 10, technique of 10 and vision of 9. that's higher than the 1st team but not as high as sporting lisbon's competition high of 94% in the champion's league. in-fact, nicolas ottamendi at benfica has completed over 1000 succesful passes and misplaced 3( yes, three!) i played a champion league game against dinamo zagreb where they finished with 95% pcr against my own 91%. even though i was playing with a much higher line of engagement and much higher defensive line with 3 pressing forwards and 3 ball-winning midfielders. these examples arent outliers, they are replicated throughout my save. I'm bamboozled, i'm almost at the point where i'm left to assume that player attributes and team tactics have no influence on the game and are mere window dressing for a very very rudimentary algorithm.

just done a quick rummage around for the actual irl figures and in the football league, wycome wanderers come in with a league low of 57.4% and man city with a leagues high of 88.8% the next highest is Chelsea whose 86% is equal too or bettered by every single team i can see in my save. that's burnley, wycome, every u-18 and u23 team, every league 2 team, every team in the champions league( including qualifiers). literally every team in my save are out tika-taki'ing guardiola/ barcelona and NOTHING i do seems to make any difference

To add to this as it doesn’t seem worth starting another thread: just played a game against the Andorra national team where their pass completion percentage was in the high eighties. Which, with no disrespect to Andorra, seems unrealistically high :D

I feel you, i'm on save with Marseille, lots of players with great vision and passing stats, and even on control posession it's an endless battle to win on posession and pass percentage against weaker sides.

Considering the great focus on data this leads to some absolutely misleading stats in your datahub by the end of the season.

I really wanted to play more posession based systems since the gegenpress is now very dangerous for player fitness, but for now i'll just settle with a 30 player squad that rotates every week.

Edited by talharimaoalho

I just faced Brighton with their 532 formation. Yes, they have high pass completion rate but because I have one striker on top and my players ability to press ain't that good as well.

I tried, force opposition outside and press high seemed to help to forced an error from Brighton / long balls. Mark tighter turned on for my wingers and most advanced CM

8 horas atrás, talharimaoalho disse:

I feel you, i'm on save with Marseille, lots of players with great vision and passing stats, and even on control posession it's an endless battle to win on posession and pass percentage against weaker sides.

Considering the great focus on data this leads to some absolutely misleading stats in your datahub by the end of the season.

I really wanted to play more posession based systems since the gegenpress is now very dangerous for player fitness, but for now i'll just settle with a 30 player squad that rotates every week.

image.png.105e531ff2f4a485184c276f05203741.png

My 2nd match on today's session......

Consistent with results of my detailed FME vs QME stats test with spread between Best and Worst teams for pass completion % being far too narrow. Hopefully improvement in full game release given that numerous threads covering this and other stats issues are under review.