• Unrealistically high transfer fees

jammysammy92
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I noticed when looking for a new right back, that the opposition managers are asking for absurdly large fees for average players. well high than the estimated transfer value. So high in fact, that it's impossible for me to replace my right back without paying an absurdly large amount of money for someone who's not even good enough. This is in contrast to when the opposition bids for one of my players, and will hardly ever bid within the player's estimated transfer value, let alone more. And if I do negotiate the bid out of the player's estimated value, they get upset and I have to readjust it. This should be the same for opposition mangers also, as it's unrealistic otherwise, 

I have attached screenshots of 3 player transfer negotiations (each player varying in quality but, realistically, none of which should be worth more than 30 million) all showing the opposition manger's response after I bid their transfer value.

Bali Mumba very average player AI manager asking price.png

Bali Mumba very average player.png

Pablo Maffeo unrealistic asking price.png

Tormena unrealistic askingprice.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

It's a negotiation and by suggesting terms you're only at a very early stage. You can submit an offer which begins to increase the stakes because once a formal bid has been submitted that is when you can possibly start triggering the player pushing for a move as well. Importantly, both Norwich and Benfica are after a right back themselves. 

@jammysammy92 have you tried submitting bids you feel are reasonable but are non-negotiable? If you're looking to get a transfer essentially wrapped up on the first day you identify you'd like to buy that player then you are likely to be paying a premium, compared to a longer period where you negotiate a club down over time. That being said, do you have any further examples as our QA team could take a look into your save game and look into this further - but we would need your file to do so. A guide on how to upload this is available here: How to upload files to us - Instructions and Notes - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)