• Unable to Declare Top Target

Rossums
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I'll preface this by saying I've played FM for years and I know my way about the game but I cannot for the life of me work this one out.

I am trying to declare a player as my top target using the usual Transfer -> Declare Interest -> As Top Target but the 'As Top Target' text is greyed out and I am unable to select the option, I'm playing as Barcelona and have Scouts and a DoF, I haven't set anyone else as my top target, I'm in September 2021 after the initial disabled transfer period and I am able to bid/offer players contracts.

It's driving me absolutely crazy and I cannot for the life of me work out why I am unable to assign a top target.

Has anyone else encountered this issue at all or know what could be preventing me?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've tried starting a save as both Borussia Dortmund and Paris Saint Germain and with both those clubs I am able to Declare a Top Target as soon as I've created the save.

Barcelona aren't under a transfer embargo are they? Just wondered if you weren't able to sign players then you might not be able to declare an interest! That's only me guessing - it could very well be a bug but seems strange that it's only on one of the clubs you've tried.

There is no transfer embargo listed (confirmed blank in Editor too) and I'm able to both bid on players at other clubs as well as offer contracts to those that are out of contract.

Cheers, hopefully it can be fixed as I don't really want to risk continuing my save much further and missing out on early targets I have lined up.

Deportivo de la Coruna. Probably have to start a new save for the fix as a lot of youtubers seem to have the option to declare a top target. Started the save on launch day Nov 9th. Thought it had something to do with staff responsibilities at first and tried taking control of/delegating all transfer responsibilities but couldn't resolve it.

Edited by msuatgunerli