This bug report consists of several parts, but they seem to be related:
- Transfer value range is often too low and swing up and down far too often
- Transfer offers received from AI teams become obnoxious once the transfer value range of your player is unrealistically low
- Own transfer offers are often always accepted when within tranfer value range, leading to some insane bargain buys
1. Transfer Value Range
In previous versions player values would gradually develop over time, depending on club and player performance, club reputation, contract length, etc.
This seems to have been replaced by more radical changes. Example:
At the start of my save game, Iván Jaime was valued between €16.5m - €19.5m. This seemed slightly on the high side to me, but he is young, one of the best players in the squad and with good potential for further development it felt possible to receive such a sum if a potential buyer would approach me for him.
Now, 4 seasons in. He has improved in almost all of his attributes and is still one of my best players in the team. His value however has dropped to €2.4m - €3.9m. This is with nearly 4 years left in his contract.
Based on his starting point I would have expected a value of ~€25m by now, which does not seem out of the ordinary for a player like him.
Weirdly enough, a newgen youngster who is not as good as Jaime is valued insanely high:
2. Transfer Offers
Unsurprisingly, due to Jaime's low value he has generated lots of interest from teams ranging from the clubs show below to also clubs like Liverpool (rejected an offer for him and he became unsettled during the transfer window). I kept receiving bids of about €3m and must have rejected nearly 100 of them (not exaggerating) during the transfer window. This is happening to several of my players.
3. Buying Players for Cheap
In previous versions it was always quite hard to buy promising prospects from larger teams, simply due to them coming back with insanely high counter offers, basically indicating that they would not be for sale. In this version this is not the case as AI teams nearly always accept a bid within the value range. This leads to interesting bargains. During my save I've been able to raid several promising youth prospects from the larger Portugese teams in the league:
To give an impression of the quality of these selected young players, here is an overview of my first team:
Using Iván Jaime as reference, most of the bought youngsters above have a Potential somewhat in line with him, indicating that nearly all of them are potentially ~€10m+ rated players.
Tranfer values are often unrealistically low and seem to swing a lot between high to very low within a day.
This leads to:
- Many low offers for own unrealistically low valued players during transfer windows, leading to unsettled players and irritation to the player as you have to go through all these offers
- Easy bargains from AI managed teams when the values are low that in previous versions would never have been accepted
Files Uploaded to the OwnCloud:BZ - Famalicao.fm