• Transfer Values and Transfers

diLLa88
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

This bug report consists of several parts, but they seem to be related:

1. Transfer value range is often too low and swing up and down far too often
    2. Transfer offers received from AI teams become obnoxious once the transfer value range of your player is unrealistically low
    3. Own transfer offers are often always accepted when within tranfer value range, leading to some insane bargain buys

1. Transfer Value Range

In previous versions player values would gradually develop over time, depending on club and player performance, club reputation, contract length, etc.

This seems to have been replaced by more radical changes. Example:

At the start of my save game, Iván Jaime was valued between €16.5m - €19.5m. This seemed slightly on the high side to me, but he is young, one of the best players in the squad and with good potential for further development it felt possible to receive such a sum if a potential buyer would approach me for him.

03df3bed4e2a2ee12c717b3d0d8aaee5.png

Now, 4 seasons in. He has improved in almost all of his attributes and is still one of my best players in the team. His value however has dropped to €2.4m - €3.9m. This is with nearly 4 years left in his contract.

54cf23c06f740f3e6209b3e71b963ee2.png

Based on his starting point I would have expected a value of ~€25m by now, which does not seem out of the ordinary for a player like him.

Weirdly enough, a newgen youngster who is not as good as Jaime is valued insanely high:

545cf2133f2af7e58297206664f5ace0.png

2. Transfer Offers

Unsurprisingly, due to Jaime's low value he has generated lots of interest from teams ranging from the clubs show below to also clubs like Liverpool (rejected an offer for him and he became unsettled during the transfer window). I kept receiving bids of about €3m and must have rejected nearly 100 of them (not exaggerating) during the transfer window. This is happening to several of my players.

4b7b33c8e1d02a8e05b29b328b817715.png

3. Buying Players for Cheap

In previous versions it was always quite hard to buy promising prospects from larger teams, simply due to them coming back with insanely high counter offers, basically indicating that they would not be for sale. In this version this is not the case as AI teams nearly always accept a bid within the value range. This leads to interesting bargains. During my save I've been able to raid several promising youth prospects from the larger Portugese teams in the league:

a415a4a7e5817e9d90cdacee75082bc3.png

84162cc126bf9c8effea08196db9f67a.png

b65dfb819d91e35d423ba11fb3ff1dea.png

9cbda89f70521a6bf121fb551c0a14f9.png

a83f161a567f450710aedf770e6fc845.png

1d9c2326849834c5b5c5d947b5283cd3.png

84dd70bef9b7b6793ec83133c7d365cb.png

To give an impression of the quality of these selected young players, here is an overview of my first team:

9d72507aae16a5d4369abdd9486d5822.png

Using Iván Jaime as reference, most of the bought youngsters above have a Potential somewhat in line with him, indicating that nearly all of them are potentially ~€10m+ rated players.

In Short

Tranfer values are often unrealistically low and seem to swing a lot between high to very low within a day.

This leads to:

• Many low offers for own unrealistically low valued players during transfer windows, leading to unsettled players and irritation to the player as you have to go through all these offers
    • Easy bargains from AI managed teams when the values are low that in previous versions would never have been accepted

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello and thanks for the detailed feedback!

1. Transfer value range is often too low and swing up and down far too often
    2. Transfer offers received from AI teams become obnoxious once the transfer value range of your player is unrealistically low
    3. Own transfer offers are often always accepted when within tranfer value range, leading to some insane bargain buys

1. While a lot of factors go in the Transfer Value estimation, Ivan Jaime's value is something that we'll look to investigate :thup:

2. That is a known issue which we're already working on :)

3. That also happens IRL, though? :D From what I can gather, you've payed quite good money for unproven youngsters who haven't played much. Granted, playing without attribute masking (or having knowledge of the Portuguese league as whole) certainly helps and is something that I consider quite adequate. 

As for the Jaime valuation, you don't happen to keep saves from previous seasons, I reckon? As one save from each season would help in investigating how his value developed over time.

Kind regards,

Vik

2 hours ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

3. That also happens IRL, though? :D From what I can gather, you've payed quite good money for unproven youngsters who haven't played much. Granted, playing without attribute masking (or having knowledge of the Portuguese league as whole) certainly helps and is something that I consider quite adequate.

Yes, but not to this extent and for these prices I believe. I have attribute masking on, so I rely on scouts quite a lot, but even then it's relatively easy to find these bargains.

As I'm an Ajax fan myself, I have never seen Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV or AZ buy prospects of age 19-21 from rival teams for less than a million. When this happens it seems to be mostly when they are 16 or younger and haven't signed a pro-contract yet.

When 19+ and showing promise you'd expect to at least pay several million. Especially considering that 5 of them are now in contention of making the national team which proves that these are not just run-of-the-mill talents that these clubs would let go for peanuts.

Regarding your question of previous seasons, I don't have that. I only created a single one for the start of the game and just this one with 2 backups who are only weeks behind.

Edited by diLLa88