• offer being rejected despite meeting their own suggestions

kaizer21
    • Public Status: Resolved Need More Examples: No

I am making an offer for a player, their team is negotiating the offer and  i accept their terms but they reject the offer because i am not meeting their requirements! It was happening again during the beta but still not fixed. I have started new save after full release but it still occurs.

offer1.png

offer2.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Similar happening with me, trying to sign player with contract expiring, meeting the agents requirements for playing time and it gets rejected, I go higher than the requirements on playing time (make player star player) and it still gets rejected, nothing higher I can do to make it go to offering the contract and wage

2 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We'd need a save file in order to investigate this please, if either of you happen to have one? Ideally before one of these negotiations. :)

I have uploaded the save file which is during the negotiations . its under the name of AEKmain

On 18/11/2021 at 16:09, Kyle Brown said:

We'd need a save file in order to investigate this please, if either of you happen to have one? Ideally before one of these negotiations. :)

Is there any update on the issue?

Having this same issue. Offering players better than the terms they initially ask for, and getting rejected. I have a save file available from just before the "shortlisted players contracts expiring" email comes up if you still need more examples.

• SI Staff

Apologies for the delay, but I'll pass your save file over and we'll get it investigated. :)

Koikingu, no harm in you uploading a second example either!

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

Original issue raised by @kaizer21 still requires a savegame to be investigated - sadly, we didn't find said savegame on the server, so if it can be uploaded again, that would be great.

Points raised by @koikingu and @danielk0302 are actually intended to work this way - if you approach a player with expiring contract from January to March, he will be more reluctant to negotiate as he wants to keep his options open. If you make a transfer bid for him, then his demands apply. 

Consider it from a player standpoint - "he doesn't want to pay money for me now, he wants to wait out - well, I also prefer to wait out". 

Around May / beginning of June, players should have their "original" interest in joining you on a free (granted, if nothing better for them didn't come along).

Kind regards,

Vik

@Viktor Ilivanov

I get what you're saying, but I'm having issues where a player asks to join as a "breakthrough prospect," I increase that immediately to "squad player" (because I want to preempt other clubs) and throw some extra promises in, and the player then rejects an offer that is strictly better than what they first asked for.

38 minutes ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

Original issue raised by @kaizer21 still requires a savegame to be investigated - sadly, we didn't find said savegame on the server, so if it can be uploaded again, that would be great.

Points raised by @koikingu and @danielk0302 are actually intended to work this way - if you approach a player with expiring contract from January to March, he will be more reluctant to negotiate as he wants to keep his options open. If you make a transfer bid for him, then his demands apply. 

Consider it from a player standpoint - "he doesn't want to pay money for me now, he wants to wait out - well, I also prefer to wait out". 

Around May / beginning of June, players should have their "original" interest in joining you on a free (granted, if nothing better for them didn't come along).

Kind regards,

Vik

I have resent the save file on the server its name is ''kaizer21'' as my username.

13 hours ago, koikingu said:

@Viktor Ilivanov

I get what you're saying, but I'm having issues where a player asks to join as a "breakthrough prospect," I increase that immediately to "squad player" (because I want to preempt other clubs) and throw some extra promises in, and the player then rejects an offer that is strictly better than what they first asked for.

It is something that we'll look to improve further and make the "prefer to wait out" message be more visible to the users rather than just have scenarios like what you described :)

15 hours ago, kaizer21 said:

I have resent the save file on the server its name is ''kaizer21'' as my username.

Appreciate the save! This is now passed on to the dev team to investigate further :thup:

Kind regards,

Vik