• Contract extension after promotion clause not triggered

Agent Poodle
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I am not sure if this is a bug per say, but I have a player with a contract extension after promotion clause installed in his contract. He did though sign a precontract in january to leave on a free. So now the clause does not trigger and I am losing the player. I understand the mechanic here, but I think there should be clearer rules on weather the player can leave on a free like that or not (mostly since I added the clause to avoid losing the player on a free and couldnt offer more than a year at the time)

I have included an image of the players contract and one indicating that he is leaving on a free transfer. 

Hope someone can help me clarify and maybe you can consider making it more clear how the extension clauses play out with free transfers

20220113005210_1.jpg

20220113005750_1.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

You would need to fulfil the conditions of the clause before they agree to sign with another club. Once they've made that agreement, as they're legally able to do in the final 6 months then the clauses are forfeit. In this instance the issue seems to be that the promotion clause was inserted on a 1 year deal, because it was always a reality that the player could agree another deal before you'd ever meaningfully have a chance of fulfilling it. I'll leave this open for QA to take a look at from a contract perspective but the fact you didn't get the benefit of the clause is correct for how it has played out in game.

That does make sense and as I was saying that is what I suspected, but I guess it isnt very clear that this would be the case from a game information perspective, and now I have to fight for survival without my best player, which sucks from a me perspective ;)
    Thank you for the response!

• Administrators

Our team have had a look over the clause on the back of Michaels comments and while it seems unfair, it is working how it's intended I'm afraid!