• Can't Offer Contract to Interested Player

App8
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

I currently am managing Ibiza in the Spanish first division. and I am unable  to offer contracts to under 18 players who are interested in joining my team. They will suggest contract promises, and I will accept them with no changes, and their agents will immediately cancel the negotiation even though I am agreeing to the terms they originally. The player will reject the offer on the promises screen even if I offer them to be a star player. What should I do? 

• Steps To Reproduce:
      Load all of the South American and European leagues on view only except the Spanish one. Offer a newgen player a contract in the second year of the save.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I uploaded it to the cloud. It is titled "Party City.fm". I am not sure how to add cloud files to a forum post as I am quite new to the platform. 

hace 3 horas, Abdullah Patel dijo:

Please can we get a save game with the issue occurring?

Hello. I have the same issue. I was thinking about making a report but first came looking if someone else had that problem. Currently managing Schalke, I contacted Dan-Axel Zagadou from Dortmund to sign him once his contract expires. Agent says he's interested and shows me his demands (Important player - upgrade managing team - bring a player - reinforce the squad) I accept his demands and the agent replies saying we're far from his demands. I try to go over what his demands are, but the agent ends the negociations. It's not the only player I had with that issue, there was one from Austria Viena and Taborda from Nacional (Uruguay) had the same issue. 

Here's a couple of screenshots: 875657214_FootballManager2022_2021_11.16-10_43.thumb.png.898431e1308cc64a43449ad1c4972246.png

The player in question.

1496486610_FootballManager2022_2021_11.16-10_44.thumb.png.a5be28472a362722e7e06eec1935f5a5.png

His demands, without changing anything. I accepted as they are.

316743146_FootballManager2022_2021_11.16-10_47.thumb.png.368ebb429772d3e0de435c9dd4de9415.png

I see in both cases it indicates you the player isn't interested on negociating but his agent didn't reject me at all, he gave me those demands and then told me it wasn't good enough when I accepted them unchanged 

I also sent my save. It's called Schalke 3. I can send it again with a more specific name if necessary.

I'm sorry but I want to add more info. If you hover over the interest it says he's extremely interested even tough the text bellow says he's not. 

Edited by IJustGotRektSon
    Add information

I'm having the same issue and can add some more info to help fix. The UI gives conflicting info about the players interest. Before speaking to the agent the game acts like hes interested. After you speak to the agent the agent dialogue tells you the player is interested however the scouting UI then shows the player has no interest in joining. No matter what point you  try and negotiate with the player the same thing always happens, he acts like hes interested but will not negotiate any contract. Ive attached screenshots showing these things.

1.thumb.png.3951aa3818e45ecce5a37ff01941e69d.png3.thumb.png.a080ecd1970a059cc722833f50c8f5e8.png2.png.c6fb3d8705c31abed8280dece3d33c30.png4.thumb.png.738f1e2d200ceb301277e414bb18baa4.png5.thumb.png.a0ea5f3ee58074419e99fb53749486d3.png

Hello everyone and I appreciate the feedback, screenshots and savegames you uploaded :thup:

However, that's all part of the gameplay side and it's something that has always been this way. If you want to purchase a player outright, then those will be his financial demands (which you see in the agent interaction).

If you want to wait for the his contract to run down, do not be surprised that the player also wants to wait out and explore his options - why should he sign a pre-deal when he still has 6 months left and a better offer can come along? This is intentionally set up that the player will have an extremely low interest to negotiate an end of contract deal (during January) in contrast to a permanent transfer. The player and his agent are just looking out for their best interest (which is also mentioned in the agent chat that "he is currently going to keep his options open"). Hence why when you enter talks it says in the "player interest" box that the player is extremely uninterested.

Of course, when that end of contract actually approaches, then the player willingness to discuss terms on a free transfer will be higher :)

Kind regards,

Vik 

That makes sense and I understand why a player might not want to join. I guess the issue has more to do with the UI and how its presented to the player. Some players are just straight up not interested in joining so you get the red box when you try and negotiate. However in certain situations like this he acts like he is but he wont join no matter what contract you give him (star player, multiple promises). This could be very frustrating for less experienced players.

• SI Staff
    25 minutes ago, Urbz said:

That makes sense and I understand why a player might not want to join. I guess the issue has more to do with the UI and how its presented to the player. Some players are just straight up not interested in joining so you get the red box when you try and negotiate. However in certain situations like this he acts like he is but he wont join no matter what contract you give him (star player, multiple promises). This could be very frustrating for less experienced players.

Hi @Urbz

If you have a specific example where "he wont join no matter what contract you give him (star player, multiple promises)" please can you upload the save (and let us know which players to use to reproduce it) ?
    There should always a be a combination of promises that can see you progress in to contract negotiations if the agent has sufficient interest to enter talks in the first place.
    Its worth mentioning that some promises can have a negative impact so simply adding in all the promises isn't a valid strategy!

Cheers,
    Dan

@Daniel WellsI did that on my message above. That's exactly what happened. Agent tells me what the player wants and when I accept he says is not enough. I offer every option available, star player with every other promise and no matter what they will reject and say is not enough. Even if you say adding promises is not enough, then what can I do? He's giving me the option to negociate but I can get a deal no matter what, that just doesn't make sense. That's not the only player I had the problem. When a player wants to explore their options you can't make any promises and they won't show you their demands, here you can see he starts the negociations but will reject any bid you make. I uploaded that save too. I can do it again if you want with the name you want.

I wanna make it more clear even if it's redundant. Agent gives me their demands, I accept them without changes, says is not enough. End of negociations. I add and improve their original demands, says is not enough. There's no way to negociate but everything indicates the player is extremely interested. 

Kind regards

En 16/11/2021 a las 10:49, IJustGotRektSon dijo:

Hello. I have the same issue. I was thinking about making a report but first came looking if someone else had that problem. Currently managing Schalke, I contacted Dan-Axel Zagadou from Dortmund to sign him once his contract expires. Agent says he's interested and shows me his demands (Important player - upgrade managing team - bring a player - reinforce the squad) I accept his demands and the agent replies saying we're far from his demands. I try to go over what his demands are, but the agent ends the negociations. It's not the only player I had with that issue, there was one from Austria Viena and Taborda from Nacional (Uruguay) had the same issue. 

Here's a couple of screenshots: 875657214_FootballManager2022_2021_11.16-10_43.thumb.png.898431e1308cc64a43449ad1c4972246.png

The player in question.

1496486610_FootballManager2022_2021_11.16-10_44.thumb.png.a5be28472a362722e7e06eec1935f5a5.png

His demands, without changing anything. I accepted as they are.

316743146_FootballManager2022_2021_11.16-10_47.thumb.png.368ebb429772d3e0de435c9dd4de9415.png

I see in both cases it indicates you the player isn't interested on negociating but his agent didn't reject me at all, he gave me those demands and then told me it wasn't good enough when I accepted them unchanged 

I also sent my save. It's called Schalke 3. I can send it again with a more specific name if necessary.

I'm sorry but I want to add more info. If you hover over the interest it says he's extremely interested even tough the text bellow says he's not. 

Edited by IJustGotRektSon