• Cannot sign player due to salary cap issues but there is plenty of room in the salary cap - MLS

Lurking Manager
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

- Playing as LAFC in MLS.

- I sign a defender during the summer window (where the salary impact is reduced).

- Cannot negotiate a proper contract that is well within salary limits. This is the offer I made after removing the clauses that would make it a Designed Player contract.

Cospacer.png

- There is plenty of room in the salary cap to make this happen.

spacer.png

- A closer look through my registration menu

spacer.png

• Steps To Reproduce:
      - Make an offer for Jesus Gomez (Shortlist -> Mexican -> Positions -> CBs)

- Enter contract negotiations.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Admittedly the MLS isn't my strong point, but when investigated we found that if you were to make a new offer from the LAFC save, for example, we tried $3m and $600k after 50 games, you should be able to sign the player when also using TAM to buy down the player's cap impact. 

Thank you for the reply and apologies for my late response. I ended up using TAM to buy down a different DP’s contract so it went through just fine after all. But at the conclusion of the season my wage structure was so jacked up and immediately my GAM was used up to buy down other contracts. I had no GAM to salvage anything so I resigned lol 

Thank you though!