• Board not happy because I payed over the odds, but player value is much higher

DavidFarinha
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hey there, 

I purchased Tanguy Nianzou for 55M €, potentially reaching 65M €.
    The player is currently valued at 104M €. image.thumb.png.8065a1183da252d0252f3b6eb1b86de5.pngimage.thumb.png.46903448b7257ff168dc07275340fd14.png

Somehow the board is unhappy with how much I paid.

Is this expected?

Happy Holidays.

Cheers,
    David Farinha

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

Pricing and valuation can be subjective - in your case, you can just view it as the board being stingy and possibly looking to get more bargains than spend a lot of money.

You shouldn't be comparing it to his current value because especially in the early months of the player's stay in your team, his price will be in the "over the top" category, as all new signings by default get overpriced - it's unlikely they'll be making transfers during their first days at a new team :)  You should expect the player's value to change after a certain amount of time.

Hope this helps! 

Kind regards,

Vik

4 hours ago, Viktor Ilivanov said:

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

Pricing and valuation can be subjective - in your case, you can just view it as the board being stingy and possibly looking to get more bargains than spend a lot of money.

You shouldn't be comparing it to his current value because especially in the early months of the player's stay in your team, his price will be in the "over the top" category, as all new signings by default get overpriced - it's unlikely they'll be making transfers during their first days at a new team :)  You should expect the player's value to change after a certain amount of time.

Hope this helps! 

Kind regards,

Vik

Hey Vik,

Thank you for your clarification.

To be honest, I wasn't fully aware of what they would take into account to make that decision.
    I can't argue with that logic, but to be honest, I would expect it to be associated with the player's market value so we can make sure we are obtaining a bargain.

Also, related to this same case, somehow, my board believes that bringing Nianzou and Lewandoski was not enough and made them unhappy for not signing players from Domestic Rivals.

Once again, thanks for the information.

Cheers,
    David Farinha

On 07/01/2022 at 19:27, DavidFarinha said:

Also, related to this same case, somehow, my board believes that bringing Nianzou and Lewandoski was not enough and made them unhappy for not signing players from Domestic Rivals.

Hmm, that is an interesting pickle and one we look to improve - would you be ok to upload the savegame for us to have a look at? Here's how you can:

Naturally, if you've signed 8-9 players during the window and only 2 are from domestic rivals, but still it's something I would be happy to look into further.

Kind regards,

Vik