• Board "approves" their contract offer for me while I'm on vacation.

podunkboy
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Managing a "create a club" down in the 8th level of English football. Had an excellent season, got us promoted, the board comes in with a contract offer: 1 year at $875/week. Kind of an insult, as I WAS making $1,000/week, and the club actually has a positive cash flow. I of course countered with $1,200/week, and they came back with..$875/week. I dropped it to $1,000/week and a 2-year contract and they break off negotiations because I've "backed them into a corner". Dudes, you didn't negotiate, you offered me an insulting cut in pay after getting you a promotion and going deep into the available cups. 

I had 28 days until the FA Trophy final against Wrexham (hi, Ryan Reynolds!), so I take a well-deserved week's vacation and...come back to find the board offered and finalized the same crappy $875/week contract offer.  I'm been unfairly enslaved by the Danielsford board. I'm tempted to wreck the club and resign, talk me out of it. 

Only file I have is "post-approval", there's nothing on the "go on vacation" screen that says you agree to unilateral board offers while on vacation. 

File name: Kent Daniels - Danielsford 4-27-22 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments