• Partially Turkish Player Receives Cap, now being shown as Foreign

jet9328
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Greetings,

I'm playing in the Turkish Superleague in 2025 with Istanbulspor. I've got a regen player with both Australian and Turkish nationality. His primary nationality has always been Australian, but because he is also Turkish, he has not counted as a foreign player. 

This player was just called up to the Australian national team and received his first cap. He still has his Turkish nationality, but he is now showing up as a foreign player. I'm assuming this is a glitch. Curious if others have had this issue. Frustratingly, he also cannot be registered as a foreign player until the new registration window is open.

Thank you.

Volkan Balkaya 1.PNG

Volkan Balkaya 2.PNG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the response. As luck would have it, I do have a copy of both files which I have uploaded onto the server. Files are titled "Joon-woo Jee - Instabulspor" labeled before and after issue. Thank you for investigating. The Turkish registration rules can be difficult to follow so any transparency you can shed on whether this is a bug or not would be appreciated.

If I didn't get wrong your problem, with the last established rules that players who played for his other nationallity before 2015 (not sure year) doesn't count as foreign but players who choose to play another nationallity after 2015 count as foreign. I hope I got right and it helped you

17 hours ago, farq said:

If I didn't get wrong your problem, with the last established rules that players who played for his other nationallity before 2015 (not sure year) doesn't count as foreign but players who choose to play another nationallity after 2015 count as foreign. I hope I got right and it helped you

If that is indeed the case then this would appear to be working properly. Wish I would have known that! Thank you. 

• SI Staff

Thanks for providing a file, it looks like you might have stumbled across the explanation already - but the QA team will check it over and just make sure.