• Opposition AI Manager Substitution Error (Player* Subbed Off, No Player Subbed On) *player not injured

pearsiesgunners
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Hello,

I just witnessed a bizarre moment in my league fixture when I was managing Bursaspor in Turkey in the top flight. 

I received a notification from the dugout during a highlight that the opposition team had substituted Steven Caulker off and was not replaced by another player. This occurred in the second minute of the match and no substitutions were used at the point of the game. The team continued to play with 10 players for the remainder of the game even though players were subbed on and off later in the match.

See attached screenshot of the final player ratings showing the the amount of substitutions and what minute they occurred. I have also attached the match file for viewing and 3D match highlight screenshots showing that the opposing team had 10 players in the 2nd & 86th minute of the match.

I can't understand why this would occur but my only suggestion would be that the AI got muddled up with the league rules in regards to the foreign players in the starting XI.  

I hope this helps!

2023810717_ScreenShot2021-11-16at8_29_54am.png.81674f5ad9f7d9d03ce6a4c44a1617ed.png

Bursaspor v Gaziantep F.K..pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same thing here but it was my team, subbed two players off, only one came on. Happened after Sarcevic was subbed for Croasdale and I swapped him and Collar positions round, and it's taken him off as well.

Screenshot 2021-11-16 124305.png

Hi,

I had another issue about subb.

Have you ever tried to subsitute 5 players in Turkish Premier League for your own club? I can not do it. On the other hand, the opposite team can do it. I can only make 3 substitue.

11 hours ago, Ates said:

Hi,

I had another issue about subb.

Have you ever tried to subsitute 5 players in Turkish Premier League for your own club? I can not do it. On the other hand, the opposite team can do it. I can only make 3 substitue.

You are only allowed to made 5 substitutions with 3 tries to make subs excluding half time. For example you can make 3 subs at 60th minute then one at 65th and one at 70th but if you make 1 sub each time then the max is 3.

18 dakika önce, Iboshow said:

You are only allowed to made 5 substitutions with 3 tries to make subs excluding half time. For example you can make 3 subs at 60th minute then one at 65th and one at 70th but if you make 1 sub each time then the max is 3.

thx. I will try it

• Administrators

Thanks for your examples, we'll investigate and see if this is an issue on our end.

Do bare in mind what the user Iboshow said, you can make 5 subs, but only on 3 separate occasions. :) 

Hello, this has occurred again in the Turkish Super Lig. 

Again it was Steven Caulker (foreign player) subbed off with no replacement. I managed to capture the dug out message as it popped up.

If you need the game file - please let me know.

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 10.28.19 am.png

On 21/01/2022 at 08:17, Kyle Brown said:

Are there any recent examples of this occurring?

We're still struggling to get this reproduced on our end I'm afraid.

Hi @Kyle Brown, No, I believe this has been closed now with the most recent update. Thank you so much for this.

Apologies for the delayed response as I have been having a break from FM.

• Administrators

Apologies for the delayed response, we didn't notice that had resurfaced.

Do you have a save file before the match where it happens? It can be a new example as well.

A PKM of the match (which you should still have regardless) would also be very helpful. :)

This happened recently in my save game whilst managing in the Turkish top flight.  Again it was a foreign player being taken off in the first minute and not being replaced.  When it happened I actually reloaded my save game and started the match again because of the bug, but the same thing happened again with the same player.

It seems the AI team had picked too many foreign players (allowed 6 but picked 7) and so took one of them off.  They did have Turkish players on the bench though.

This is my first season in the top flight after several years in the lower leagues and I didn't see this bug happen at all until after promotion.

If you want a pkm file I can provide it.

• Administrators

If you could provide both the save file and pkm you mentioned above it would be greatly appreciated - thank you. :)

I've uploaded the save file and the PKM to the SI cloud.  Both files are called Sir_Liam_1stMinSub.

The match itself is the one between Amed and Adana D.S. on 18th October and it's Adana who take a player off in the 1st minute.

• Administrators

My mistake, do you happen to have a save before the match takes place? It will allow us to recreate the scenario with the PKM :)

This bug has happened again and I've uploaded the save game from directly before kick off.  The match is the one against Hatayspor.  Again it seems to have happened because the AI selected more foreign players than they were allowed to, despite having Turkish players on the bench.

The file name is Sir_Liam_1stMinSub2.fm

• Administrators

Really appreciate the save, and sorry to be a pain, but if you could provide the PKM from that match too we'll have everything we need to investigate this properly.