• Players who earn their Homegrown status after 3 years don't get counted in league games

phiub
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I'm in 2024 playing with Genk in the top division. Players get the Homegrown status after being 3 years in Belgium. The players do get the blue HG-tag (it's also visible when checking in the Homegrown Status-menu), but they don't get counted when you add them to the squad.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Thanks, this is a known issue and under review. Do you have a save file which you might be able to upload to our SI Cloud Server just before the three years has been reached by the player? This would help in our investigation of the issue.

12 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thanks, this is a known issue and under review. Do you have a save file which you might be able to upload to our SI Cloud Server just before the three years has been reached by the player? This would help in our investigation of the issue.

I'm not sure, I will check it this evening. Can you use a save after the three years have been reached?

Edited by phiub

• SI Staff

It would need to be prior to the three years having been reached. If you have a save from even a year before and let us know the player in question then this will help us. Thank you very much!

6 minutes ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

If you have a save from even a year before and let us know the player in question then this will help us.

I might have even an older save?

Where can I upload it?

6 hours ago, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

Thank you very much, this will assist with us looking into this issue.

I've added a screenshot and made my current save available. You can find it under Bug report - KRC Genk (v02).fm

Untitled.png

Edited by phiub

I don't know if I am in right place to post this but I found a bug complementary with this bug.

I have started a new game with Eupen in Belgium in first division and after few month, I have noted that I have an issue with home-grown players of my team.

Indeed, Abdumanaf Nurudeen, Silas Gnaka, Emmanuel Adjeh Sowah and Edo Kayembe are trained in Belgium for 3 years before 21st birthday but they are not developed in Belgium for 3 years before their 23rd birthday.

How is it possible ? The opposite could be possible.

Is it possible to correct this issue in a save to avoid to start again a new game ? 

PS : Sorry, I have seen after that there is already a post with this issue Home-grown rules acting weird

Bug Home-Grown.png

Edited by offspringmike

On 24/11/2021 at 12:28, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

This bug is not fixed yet.

Le 24/11/2021 à 12:28, Sebastian Szlenkier a dit :

Il y a 22 heures, phiub a dit :

This bug is not fixed yet.

I confirm also bug is not fixed by new version 22.2.0. It is first bug that I have checked after making updated.

Unfortunately, the Belgian first division becomes unplayable with this bug and I am very disappointed because every year, we play with a friend an online career in this division. It is first time that I see a bug like this in football manager...

When is this bug expected to be solved ? 

You can "fix" it yourself. Buy the in-game editor and give belgium nationality to the players who forfils the criteria. In that way it is not really cheating and the player will still keep thier resepctiv nationality.  

On 08/12/2021 at 21:48, offspringmike said:

I confirm also bug is not fixed by new version 22.2.0. It is first bug that I have checked after making updated.

Unfortunately, the Belgian first division becomes unplayable with this bug and I am very disappointed because every year, we play with a friend an online career in this division. It is first time that I see a bug like this in football manager...

When is this bug expected to be solved ? 

Exact the same here.. we play every new edition saves that lasts 20-30 Seasons.. the depth of the game is totally gone now.. cant build teams with young South americans etc...

Holding us back with belgian players because of this bug..

We know its a game.. but i cant understand that this cant be fixed sooner... take a look at the differences with the previous version script and anticipate on that..

I really dont want to be an annoying guy.. but the people who buy FM every year do this because of the depth of the game ... this is why we dont play FIFA manager OSM etc....

So this little problem is in fact a big issue in FM world.. So plz.. before more people get annoyed.. FIX THIS PLZ

PS: If you need testers the next version you can always contact us :D

Le 20/12/2021 à 17:57, lolopepe a dit :

Exact the same here.. we play every new edition saves that lasts 20-30 Seasons.. the depth of the game is totally gone now.. cant build teams with young South americans etc...

We know its a game.. but i cant understand that this cant be fixed sooner... take a look at the differences with the previous version script and anticipate on that..

I really dont want to be an annoying guy.. but the people who buy FM every year do this because of the depth of the game ... this is why we dont play FIFA manager OSM etc....

So this little problem is in fact a big issue in FM world.. So plz.. before more people get annoyed.. FIX THIS PLZ

PS: If you need testers the next version you can always contact us :D

Like you, I play in belgium since championship manager 01/02 and it is firt time there is a bug so enormous. It was a real pleasure to buy youngs south americans and after they became Homegrown :)

I am also very disappointed because Sport interactive don't take the time to answer on this topic and Public Status stays "Known Issue"...

When I see several corrections from last upate, I think unfortunatey it is not a priority for Sport interactive if belgian league is not playable...

On 24/11/2021 at 11:31, Sebastian Szlenkier said:

So, Can we please have an status update? Can we still expect an update for this?

I have the same issue. 
    Players i bought at the age of 18 years from Brazil, and having played 4 years for my team, do get the Home-Grown under 21 status, but not the Home-Grown under 23 status, which makes the squad list impossible for league games. Could this be fixed please ? Otherwise, it's impossible to build a long term squad... 

Note : the only way i found to still continue playing with correct squad regulations, was to add 'Belgium' as an additional nationality for those players. (It's just frustrating because I feel like I'm potentially cheating and giving more "importance" on the club/competition to the players, as they get the club's nationality....)

How long should we have to wait to play this game correctly? 

How many sreenshots do you need to adjust this error?? 

How many people need to confirm this error before you fix this ??? 

• Administrators

With the majority of our staff off for the festive period, I'm afraid there isn't much of an update to give.

We hear your complaints, the issue is with the correct people, who will work on releasing a fix as quickly as they can. 

Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to discuss any exact days future updates will be released to the public - which I know is the answer everybody is looking for. It would add unnecessary pressure to all departments within the company if that date was made public, and there could always be unforeseen issues along the way that require it being pushed back. 

I really am sorry, I can only imagine your frustration, I just have to ask you to sit tight for now and thank you for your patience. 

I don't get how something as gamebreaking as this can take so long. You can't blame festivities because this issue has been known since 6 november, which is as good as 2 months at this point. This should be top priority. Fun for people like me who buy this game so they can play in the belgian league, a top 10 league mind you. 

It wouldn't even be so bad if this was the only game breaking bug of the pro league, but there are several of them while none have been fixed which is just mind blowing. I am 6 years in a mandel united save (third tier start) and the amount of stuff i have encountered is just insane  (this one, budget set at end of regular season - not after championship round, youth teams of third division teams being leagueless once promoted, winter break being wrong, preseason only being 2 weeks) and many more annoying stuff.

The fix for this bug better be safe compatible...

Edited by xenomorphing

• Administrators

6 November it was reported yes, however, we had a codelock for Decembers update which was shortly after this date - not enough time to to come up with, implement, and test a fix I'm afraid. 

I can confirm when released, the fix will be save game compatible.