• Online Play - Not Allowing Connection

mitchelln5
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hi, 

When I try to join an online game I get the error "your cross-play settings do not match requested server" and cannot join. For background: I am trying to begin a save with 3 friends, all of whom can join the game. I have restarted the game, reinstalled, restarted my router, etc. I also even tried hosting the game, and they all received the same message. Unfortunately I cant find any settings in steam or football manager related to cross play so I am stumped. 

I cant find any other similar issues to mine in the forums and am stumped, any help?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hi @mitchelln5

Thanks for raising the issue, this message is a default message for when a user cant join a lobby, this is a known issue and we are looking to update the error message. In the online preferences there is a button saying "check server stats" when you click on this is, it takes you to the EOS services. They were down for maintenance this morning which is probably why you had issues connecting to lobbies. Try joining a lobby again and if you are having issues please reply back and we will see if this is a different issue.

Thanks

Hi John, 

I tried again and got the same result. I do not think the Epic Server status was part of the issue, as everyone was playing through steam and using a windows PC. Let me know if you have any updates on the issue!

Thank you!

• SI Staff

Hi @mitchelln5

Sorry to hear you having these issues still. The epic services are displaying as operational currently. Could you try going on steam, right clicking on football manager 2022, click local files then click view integrity of game files. Wait for this to finish then try going online again? If this doesn't work could you please send us your logs and the logs from the host after trying to join an online lobby? Below are the instructions on where they are.

Windows

1. In explorer type %localappdata% and press enter
    2. Click on the folder sports interactive
    3. Click on the folder football manager 2022
    4. Click on the folder logs
    5. Copy these two logs DISTRIBUTION_EPIC_CHANNEL and MATCHMAKING_EPIC_CHANNEL
    6. Add you name to these logs for example MATCHMAKING_EPIC_CHANNEL john smith
    7. Attach these logs with any network issue along with your save, images or videos

Thanks 

I have the same issue with a friend. We played until around 15:00 PM (Romania) then i got a crash dump. Reloaded the save,worked for a bit and then suddenly he can't join my server or any server in the list. I can't join any server aswell. We verified integrity of the game,we both have same time zone settings.

I have attached some files down below. I can't attach my save file because is too large.

cb57ec57-1551-4370-8690-54a2bf9be190.jpg

MATCHMAKING_EPIC_CHANNEL x-11.txt DISTRIBUTION_EPIC_CHANNEL x-11.txt cb57ec57-1551-4370-8690-54a2bf9be190.dmp

• SI Staff

Hi @Dequila 

Thanks for raising the issue. We believe there is issues with the EOS services which is why you will be having trouble connecting online. The status currently says all operations normal but we have had issues all day regarding this. We are in contact with EOS and hopefully everything will up and running soon. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. Best to keep checking the EOS services page, they can take some time to update it but still best place to check.  

Thanks 

• SI Staff

Hi @x-11

Same as above regarding the connection issue but regarding your crash, its a known issue and we are looking into this issue. Thanks for uploading the crash dump as it will help with our investigation.

Thanks 

Me and my mate have finally found a mutual evening away form our wifes and we can't start a game - This is heartbreaking. When is it getting fixed? 

Weekend ruined

20211029174948_1.thumb.jpg.598e9b6b951cdad12f097010c6d30052.jpg

Edited by hamilton96

Hi,

I am trying to host a game and my friend can't join either, same message as original post.

EOS says all operational?

Is EOS the main host, we are both using steam??

I use steam as I hate EPIC so will be disappointed if we forced to use their servers to play.

Thanks

3 hours ago, John Kendall-Torry said:

Hi @Dequila 

Thanks for raising the issue. We believe there is issues with the EOS services which is why you will be having trouble connecting online. The status currently says all operations normal but we have had issues all day regarding this. We are in contact with EOS and hopefully everything will up and running soon. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. Best to keep checking the EOS services page, they can take some time to update it but still best place to check.  

Thanks 

`Is there any updates on this? Trying to host a competition right now and the EOS Services page lists everything as normal. 

• SI Staff
    1 minute ago, Mallidon said:

`Is there any updates on this? Trying to host a competition right now and the EOS Services page lists everything as normal. 

We are still investigating this and liaising with EOS. We will provide more updates when we can. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Cheers. 

In fact it's a pretty bad job that especially online is not working when the weekend starts but there was no problem since beta started...:(

• SI Staff

Can you please tell us the city/country location of the client (who is connecting to a game) and the server (who is hosting the game), please?

3 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

Can you please tell us the city/country location of the client (who is connecting to a game) and the server (who is hosting the game), please?

In mine I'm hosting from Cambridge (England) and my friends trying to join from Wales

21 minutes ago, Luke Hume said:

mines not working either im hosting from england and so is the person trying to join