• Skins disappear every relaunch

hasdgfas
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Hello! I wasn't sure if this was here or User Interface.

I installed a skin. And it works initially upon loading up the game once it's placed in the correct location.

However, once I close and relaunch the game, it can no longer be found by FM. I can find it if I delete the Preferences folder in AppData and then reopen the game, but only until I close FM again. This is very frustrating as it means I have to re-enter all my preference changes again.

I had a similar issue with my graphics. I added some facepacks/logos, and after one of the beta updates they stopped working until I deleted the Preferences folder in AppData and went through the installation steps again.

Additional Info: This is the steam version. I use mklink to create a symbolic link to my graphics folder from the documents folder, but I have done this for the last several FMs and never run into this issue before, and the skins folder is not a symbolic link.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

When it comes to things like skins and custom graphics there is limited insight I would suggest as a first port of call to speak with the creator of these to understand if its a known issue on their side that they've experienced or had others experience.  Have you tried speaking to them at all at this stage may I ask?

I have not, as it is every skin, not just a single one. I just downloaded a new one arbitrarily to check it, and it also disappears until I clear the preferences folder.