• Dreadful performance on Macbook after Monterey update

jungkook
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hi all, 

When I first bought FM22, everything was perfectly fine. I had 4 and a half stars of estimated game speed when creating my game. No problems with anything. I came back to Fm22 around 2 weeks ago having recently updated my OS to Monterey and the game is unbearable. Half a star estimated game speed. I can get probably 2 minutes of normal play before it starts taking ages just to do anything. It takes around 30 seconds to change a player in the line up. 

Today, I waited 10 solid minutes whilst waiting for ONE DAY to pass (international break). - I wanted to force quit it but I needed to wait in order to save my game. 

I've tried everything. My OS is updated. I've reinstalled the game. I currently play on windowed mode. I've been onto Apple support for ways to improve my Mac - i've reset everything (SMC and NVRAM), reinstalled my OS, deleted files (I have 40GB free space). I literally only load up steam and FM and that's it. 

I have no other ideas of what to do. 

If anyone has any help, i'd truly appreciate it as all I want to do is play my game! 

Please don't suggest getting a windows laptop hahaha because I am required by my company to use Apple for work! :rolleyes:

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've also had a similar issue to this. One way round it I've found is to do the following:-

1) Goto Football Manager 2022 in your Steam Library, right click -> properties -> local files -> browse

2) Right click on the fm app that is there show package contents

3) Contents -> info.plistm -> open this file in textedit

4) Look for <key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key> ----> you need to change the true value next to it to false

5) Save the file and next time you open FM, it'll run better, but no longer in HD mode

Only problem with this is when you quit steam and try and open it again, FM won't load, you have to go into FM properties in Steam and verify the integrity of the files and repeat this whole process AFTER you've loaded the game in full HD mode :-(

What would be useful is if there was a way to load FM in Properties -> General -> Launch Options in non-HD mode, that would be useful if anybody technical knows...!?

Edit: I just remembered that before Big Sur (I think!?), you use to be able to change this HD setting by right clicking the app in finder, going to properties and ticking something called "low resolution mode". In Big Sur I think they removed this for some unknown reason which is why I have to do the workaround above.

Edited by Guest