• AI manger Using Second Pref Formation at the start only IF 4-3-1-2 is one of the First or Second Pref

andu1
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

AS the title says, the AI managers will only use their secondary pref formation if 4-3-1-2 is the first pref. If NOT they will use it only during matches and mostly in second halves.

I AM SPECIFYING THAT THIS ISSUE IS ONLY WHEN STARTING FORMATIONS.

EASY to TEST

For example. Marco Rose has 4-3-1-2 pref and 4-2-3-1 Wide second Pref. He will make use of both formations during a season.
    The other example is Naglesmann he has 4-2-3-1 wide as his 1st Pref and 5-2-3 WB Wide as his second pref. HOW MANY TIMES WILL HE USE 5-2-3 at the START ?? 0

It's easy to spot this issue. just check any AI managers which have 4-3-1-2 as his 1st or 2nd pref formation and see how flexible they are with their tactics VS the rest who do not have this formation and are rigid.

FIX FOR FM 23 .. Make AI managers to be able to choose any starting formation from their list.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

I appreciate you've said it's easy to test, but could you also provide your save file for us to compare when we review this please. :)

On 30/06/2022 at 12:43, Kyle Brown said:

I appreciate you've said it's easy to test, but could you also provide your save file for us to compare when we review this please. :)

Hi!

uploaded file 4-3-1-2 issue other gameplay thread.

How the issue came to my attention is when Boro AI manager, Max Thiel, beat me 1-0 using at startin lineup his second pref 4-4-2 instead of 4-3-1-2 which is his first pref and also attacking and def formations! There are also other AI managers that have 4-3-1-2 either main or second and it works the same.

All the other managers who don't have 4-3-1-2 will never use their second pref at the start in any game so it limits their ability!

thanks