• Introducing Yourself to the Team

Maxwelll
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I introduced myself to Cabinteely. We're sitting on 12 pts, and are last in the league by 8 pts with 4 games left before the season is over. Middle of the pack teams have about 20 pts more than us. The 2 options I'm able to pick when setting a goal for the team to reach for the rest of the season is to "Finish in the middle of the table" and "Remain competitive for the rest of the season". It is mathematically impossible for us to come anywhere close to middle of the pack, and will likely come bottom 2, if not dead last. So reasonably, I pick the option of "Remain competitive for the rest of the season". I am very aware that if I pick "Middle of the table" my players would be extremely frustrated with the completely unrealistic goal setting (literally not possible).  However, when I tell them our goal is to remain competitive, the room atmosphere becomes "extremely negative" and the introduction had a "catastrophic impact" on the players morale and cohesion. Surprisingly, when I took over, the team had good club atmosphere, and slightly above average cohesion (much higher than expected for a team sitting bottom of the league by some way). After this intro, the team has a poor club atmosphere with the bar being about halfway towards the negative end, team cohesion has dropped into the red, and managerial support is in the red marginally as well. So I'm genuinely just wondering, is this supposed to happen?

Also, I didn't do anything wrong before or after setting the goal for the rest of the season to cause the players to lose morale, and there was a positive atmosphere in the room before setting the goal.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Also, I don't know if this should be it's own completely new thread, but when taking the interview for the job I made sure the board PROMISED I would be able to take coaching courses. I request a coaching course a week in, and they tell me they can't grant it because I may become too good and other teams may try to poach me. So... they didn't keep their promise. I went into a conversation with the board about it, and threatened that I would possibly not be able to keep the job if they did not allow me to get my coaching badges. They said maybe I should leave then, and so I handed in my resignation. A whole 5 days into the job I've resigned, mainly just to see what would happen, I'll probably just reload this nightmare and try to negotiate my course again. BUT IT DOESN'T END THERE!!! The club tells me "we wish it didn't have to end this way" and I'm met with a summary button in the top right of the screen. The only press-able button, not even settings can be hit from this screen. I hit "summary", the game goes to skip forward a day on that calendar looking loading screen that appears every time you hit "continue", there are no dates, instead the dates and month is replaced with dashes, it quickly returns to the screen with the club telling me "we wish it didn't have to come to this" and the only button I'm able to hit is "summary". I've done it countless times, and I still stuck on the screen with the club chairperson telling me they wish it didn't have to go this way. I stuck in an endless loop of resigning from my club within a week for the CLUB BREAKING A PROMISE THEY PROMISED TO ME. I hit the summary button again and again, and all that happens is a 3 second loading screen that is broken, then back to the summary button. Now I know the summary thing should not happen, but genuinely, is it normal for a club to break a promise they made to YOU?