• New intake of youth players screen doesn't describe strongest position

larnson
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

When you get the notification of your new intake of youth players in March (English leagues) it doesn't always describe their strongest position. In the example I've attached the two central defenders (James Smith and Liam Moore) are described as D R, rather than D C. I've seen other examples of Strikers being described as AM R etc. This seems to be a recurring issue with the game not always being able to identify a players strongest position, and defaulting to one of their weaker ones..

1951119036_FMwrongposition1.jpg.8eee92da7c0f5bcb1c9c80e3419c3d65.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I just wanted to highlight that this is still a problem I'm having. It was present in FM21, still present in FM22. It makes scouting new players pretty tough when their main role is AMC, but they're being compared to my players that play at MR...

Edited by larnson

• Administrators

It was converted to a Feature Request unfortunately, as the change that would fix this requires an overhaul in the current code and logic behind the display. I'm really sorry, but it won't be fixed for FM22.

It is pretty mind  boggling that showing a player's strongest position is a 'feature request'. That isn't a feature, it's a bug, and a bug that you've been aware of since at least  6 days before the game was officially released. Very disappointing.

• SI Staff

As Kyle mentions, this particular element isn't intended to show that outcome. Fixing a bug is fundamentally getting 1+1 = 3 to actually output 2. In this case it is showing the correct output for its design, but looking at your post our QA team can see the merits in it working the way you believed it should. So its been migrated to a feature request moving forward.