• Numbers on shorts uses jersey number color

BullDozzer
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I've noticed that the numbers on the shorts in the 3D match engine appears to use the jerseys "Number Colour" rather than the shorts.

Let's start by trying a team that I know has this issue. AIK in Sweden has black jerseys with yellow numbers, and black shorts. Before doing these tests I removed all custom graphics, verified game file integrity in steam and cleared all caches.

image.png.760d80a61fef2684ced62316eb57b83d.png

Now it may look like the black-clad team has no number on their shorts at all, but if you look very closely, they have a bright yellow number on their left thigh. This is the problem I noticed in the live version of the game.

I figured this was something I could fix by using the Editor to update the colors for the kit of the team. But if we look at the shorts of the Home Kit for AIK, we can see that both "number colour" and "number outline colour" is RGB(0,0,0), but since most teams seems to have this value for their shorts number colour, and it's different from the black of the jerseys which is specified as RGB(8,8,8), I can make an guess that RGB(0,0,0) could be the editors way of siginifying a null-ish value. So mayber there's just a fallback to use the color of the jersey number when the shorts has no number colour specified.

So to evaluate if the shorts number colours are actually used. I'm going to change the entire kit to be black RGB(8,8,8) and set the jersey number, jersey number outline, shorts number, and shorts number outline to be different colors. I set the jersey number to be turqoise RGB(77,182,172), jersey number outline to be orange RGB(230, 74, 25). The shorts number to be red RGB(220, 0, 0) and shorts number outline to be pink RGB(240, 98, 146). I made every other color black, and also made sure there are only one shirt, text, icon, shorts and socks in the home kit.

image.png.76fc956681866a92babffed78be9129b.png

As we can see, the shorts has the turquoise color of the jersey number, not the red or pink of the number on the shorts. I'm not sure if it has the outline or not.

This was tested in version 22.1.1
    image.png.06cbcab6cf186cc8f1fced4c3dc4696c.png

Shorts color debug.fmf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments