• Only allowed 4 subs in European cup competitions, while AI opponent team is allowed 5

ACS_FM77
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Hello,
    I am playing a save for Sparta Prague in Czech league and in the European competitions, both in ECC qualifiers and in Europa League group matches, it happened to me twice that I was only allowed 4 subs even if the competition rules are 5 subs and my opponents indeed used 5 subs.

Is this a known issue please?

When I want to make the 5th, the game tells me I cannot make any more substitutions. 

I am attaching screenshots that Frankfurt used 5 subs and myself only 4.

image.thumb.png.6b569d743d05ae2e58a56aa1ac4a18c1.png

image.thumb.png.48b5f25adf907aaadbe93acd26721d08.png

Please let me know if you require more information.

Thank you and kind regards.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, the ruling is that you can make 5 substitutions across a maximum of 3 stoppages. 

In the example you have provided, Frankfurt made 5 subs over 2 stoppages. 1 sub in the 75th min and 4 subs in the 82nd min. For Sparta Prague, you made 4 subs over 3 stoppages.

This outlined on the rules page of every competition. Here's what mine looks like for the league I play in.  

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 4.21.30 pm.png

Thank you, I have missed the Stoppages ruling when checking the competition Rules and just focused on the total number of subs.

One question - does the number of stoppages rule carry over to Extra Time please?
    e.g. If I made 4 subs over 3 stoppages in regular time, am I still able to make the one additional in ET? I would have thought it would be allowed.

I was not able to make an Extra Time sub in my earlier ECC qualifiers match against Shakhtar, so I was stuck with an injured CB for 120 mins :) 
    image.png.51cd9904749e253636f306487dfc57a4.png

image.thumb.png.f7c0b6dcb4480bb3eee8e569efc2f87f.png

• SI Staff

You can make a sub as you go into extra time. If you are experiencing any issues with the subs in extra time then I would ask once that happens get a rec file and save game from before the match and upload them to us so we can investigate. A guide on how to do so is available here: How to Add PKMs, Rec Files and Crash Dumps Files to Posts - Instructions and Notes - Sports Interactive Community (sigames.com)