• [MATCH ENGINE 22.2.0.0] Forwards do not go towards the goal

Sparacello
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

Min 94.59: 

Osimhen has various solutions but always chooses the same...

I'm losing the will to play!!!

Immagine5.jpg

Sparta Prague - Napoli.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators
    On 11/11/2021 at 16:06, Sparacello said:

in the meantime when I find meaningful examples I will post them here.

Much appreciated. :) 

21:51, A. Armstrong does the thing.  Green are the lines I'd want him to take, red is a smoothed and much less extreme version of the line he actually takes.  It's worse in-game than it looks in Paint!

BadStriker1.thumb.jpg.cec389ed2c3bac25ca50da024a5e05cc.jpg

78:00, the shoe is on the other foot.  Red line is the path taken by the striker, green line is what I'd like to see.

BadStriker2.thumb.jpg.d10ed9a2567e452e12bed1adb2623da0.jpg

Arsenal v Southampton.pkm

6 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

21:51, A. Armstrong does the thing.  Green are the lines I'd want him to take, red is a smoothed and much less extreme version of the line he actually takes.  It's worse in-game than it looks in Paint!

BadStriker1.thumb.jpg.cec389ed2c3bac25ca50da024a5e05cc.jpg

78:00, the shoe is on the other foot.  Red line is the path taken by the striker, green line is what I'd like to see.

BadStriker2.thumb.jpg.d10ed9a2567e452e12bed1adb2623da0.jpg

Arsenal v Southampton.pkm

is this after the update? Looks pretty depressing tbh. :( 

"as with all things related to the match engine we have to make sure it remains balanced"

As I said once, expect a fix in march. Talking in forums that it's an important "fix-asap" type of bug is a waste of time it seems.

in every game at least 30% of the chances the player runs away from goal and passes backwards it's insane how important this issue is and it seems like it won't be fixed soon. not to mention the inside forward / inverted winger not cutting inside problem too.

hace 13 horas, dias dijo:

in every game at least 30% of the chances the player runs away from goal and passes backwards it's insane how important this issue is and it seems like it won't be fixed soon. not to mention the inside forward / inverted winger not cutting inside problem too.

The IF / IW problem not cutting inside is only part of the issue, yes.

Drawing a more general conclusion, it seems that in this FM the attackers think very little about looking for the goal and in a counterattack situation, 1 vs 1, with space to run inside or opportunities to dribble towards the goal, they avoid dribbling, they get scared and they prefer to pass, or escape to wide, pass and the play begins again.

I hope SI Games understands how frustrating it is. It breaks the tactic of those of us who want to play the counterattack and taking advantage of the skills of our attackers to dribble inside looking for goal.

This is ridiculous. Ronaldo in a counterattack situation - instead of running towards to goal for a one-on-one . He drifts to the edge of the pealty box and try to cross it ( for no one). Game is genuinely broken. 

hace 19 minutos, gergo fmstories dijo:

This is ridiculous. Ronaldo in a counterattack situation - instead of running towards to goal for a one-on-one . He drifts to the edge of the pealty box and try to cross it ( for no one). Game is genuinely broken. 

For those of us who love counterattack football, dribbling and skills, it's broken. Attackers are extremely cowardly to face a defender or try to dribble towards goal. They run to wide or pass the ball.

An ME to be good has to allow all managers to see our style reflected and this ME does not allow to enjoy a football of skills, dribbling and counterattack. Football is not just passing and finishing.

Did you remember all the crosses in previous Version of FM, that were directly hit in front of a defender?
    Well here is your fix. The Conclusion was to check, if there is a defender in front of the attacker, blocking the attacker to just bring the ball across the defender.
    Did you remember the situation, where a deflected ball was recovered by an attacker, and he ran out of play? Well, here is your fix.

**But** it is a fix to an extreme, instead of putting shot, crosses, passes in front of an defender, the attacker will now faint. He will bent his runs, he will look for the easy short passing option, he will even run in a direction, where he is not in front of goal as a striker.

It think tweaking and not heaving a binary option (0 or 1) but have it more in between would be okay.

Agree with what people are seeing. One benefit to the player though is as someone who plays a very high line Im not getting FM'd so much with defensive teams scoring with one shot from a ball over the top!

Seen this more and more. 

My CF runs where the red arrow is pointing instead of the green.. this is only a small sample size but ive seen it happen loads in different transitions where the CF's run really wide acting as if they're wingers 

minute - 21:51 

Ill be honest, the latest patch has been extremely underwhelming with more issues than previous. The ME has yet again become tedious , one dimensional and predictable. well done 

2021-12-11_14-14-46.jpg

Bochum v Werder Bremen.pkm