B1GD - (Play the Liverpool Way)

Hello everyone!!

Two years down the line i'm back with my new tactic for FM2009 (which I think is worse than 2008). Anyway I was watching Liverpool play Preston at the weekend and I thought is was time somebody copied the way they are set out at the moment. If you guys remember I copied how Arsenal were playing last time because they were top, but now they are not and instead the dirty, cheating, journeymen Kuyts are at the top.

I again settled on a 4-5-1 with two defensively minded central players (Alsonso/Mascherano) with a free roling AMC (Gerrard) and two wide men and a striker. Much like my last tactic, it's best to use a large striker and this tactic relies on good full-backs and wingers. Once again I do not claim that this is a super tactic and I havn't tested it over a season yet and no this is not for your Winglington Wanderers side.

Please test and help me make this as good as the last B1GD!!!

B1GDTI-1.jpg

B1GDTI.jpg

Here is the tactic:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wy2ormjlony

PS: Ain't the new forum look poor?

Hey,

I achieved magnificent success with your tactic for FM08 with Motherwell. It was fb.

I was thinking about your FM08 tactic this morning actually. I was thinking about the lack of brilliantly effective tactics that have so far been released for FM09. I'm still looking for that killer tactic.

I'll give use your tactic once I've finished a season with Rangers using Reo's (another forum) 4231.

Cheers

ps I like the look of it.

1st match with the tactics huddersfield town wasnt playing well and at half time i put your tactics on. 72 minutes they suddenly changed and wham 0-3 second game took their time but end result 3-0

i am definately pleased with these dude.

second match: away again, vs high flying M'boro, I was 3-0 up at half time, scored on half my chances. full time, won 4-0, 16 shots 8 on target. this is amazing, i couldn't beat bolton at home earlier this season! great stuff, i am very encuraged by this, could be a new hit.

just to show you how good the tactics is

v northampton (a)

v leicester (h)

v preston (a)

v watford (h) TV

i wasnt too downhearted with the preston result they are top at the moment.

one thing i have noticed in the way the team play with the tactics is

for the majority of the game they play a holding passing game testing the opposition, with the odd shot at goal, then in the last 15 minutes the shots are coming in fast and furious

B1G D

I think Liverpool, playing some difereent with two MCs. Mascherano is typical DMC, without FWR, but Alonso have more offensive role. Now i changed two MCs, for this instruction:

Mascherano- FWR-rearly,RWB,TTB,LS-mixed, Cross-rearly, mentality-9, cf 8, cd 13

Alonso- FWR-mixed,RWB,LS-mixed,TTB-often,Cross-rearly,mentality 11, cf 12 cd 13

See espn soccer, to watch average player positionn in last game against Newcastle, then you will see that Mascherano is behind Alonso

Sorry for english, best regards B1G D

B1G D

I think Liverpool, playing some difereent with two MCs. Mascherano is typical DMC, without FWR, but Alonso have more offensive role. Now i changed two MCs, for this instruction:

Mascherano- FWR-rearly,RWB,TTB,LS-mixed, Cross-rearly, mentality-9, cf 8, cd 13

Alonso- FWR-mixed,RWB,LS-mixed,TTB-often,Cross-rearly,mentality 11, cf 12 cd 13

See espn soccer, to watch average player positionn in last game against Newcastle, then you will see that Mascherano is behind Alonso

Sorry for english, best regards B1G D

Great advice Golden_Team!!! I've tested those changes over a few games and the mids get better ratings now!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmwmtmjkrjz

BigD i'm using your tactic right now.

Having good results but losing against City. The only two shots they had were the AML crossing to 2nd post from the goal line in the penalty box.

And it really should have been two goals.

Just to let you know

Finished 1-1 but i really should have scored a second.

Just a quick question who would you recommend for Striker? a tall striker or a fast one?

For me my tall one seems to be performing much better than my pacey striker, but that just might be the EPL

Wow!!

With the new changes the tactic is espectacular!

I have some doubts Golden Team (or B1G D)

The left MC (the most attacking one) should be a DM or a normal MC?

What train do you use??

Should i train the left MC with an MC schedule or it would be better to train him with a DM schedule??

Thanks so much and congratulations to both creators.

the amc, when asked to run forward often, has been identified as a bug / fault in the patch. that is why they always get **** ratings even when they appear to be running the show. is there any way you can move the "gerrard" type player into the middle of the park and get the same results?

The striker scores more goals and the full-backs keep the ball better.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wy2ormjlony

Hi BIG D, how does this tactic compare to the other tactic, 4-4-2 for Man U?

could u suggest who to use as AMC?

my best 11 is

GK Tim Howard

DR Micah richards

DL Leighton baines

DC Yobo

DC Steven taylor

MC Veloso

MC Diarra

AM Juan Mata (retrained to play AMLRC)

AM David Silva (already can play AMLRC)

AM Goran Pandev (retrained to play AMLRC)

ST Oscar Cardozo (is he the right kinda striker?)

I have James Vaughn who is fast, pace 17

Thanx!!!

That`s mentality system i used for my own 4231

DC-8

Fb-10

MCd-9

MCa-11

Wingers-12

AMC-13

SC-14

And look for this picture: ( liverpool average position players-game against Newcastle 5-1 )

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=243199&page=features&cc=5739&league=ENG.1

I'd actually suggest keeping the wingers mentality above the mentality of the striker. Around 16 or so. What this does is it allows wingers to go past the strikers (ie) towards the end line and then your crosses from the byline would be much more accurate. This also leads to cut backs to your strikers which will result in easy tap ins.

• 2 weeks later...

ive got 9.2 and this is the best tactic ive ever tried. ive tried using diffrent clubs and diffrent countrys and it works well everywhere ive been.

the full backs play fantastic, in my first season as man city sarna got over 30 ast for me. great work buddy

Archived