The "Waiting for WWSM in the Us while they play it everywhere else" thread

Just to make some time.

Also could be called:

The "waiting for the game in the US but they play it in Puerto Rico!" thread

The "getting to play the game the 18th, but the patch is not ready yet for WWSM so we'll probably have to wait until the 20thsomething" thread

The "releasing an US version of the game three days later, the patch 2-3 days after that, but still thinking that it will do well sales wise" thread

The "US users buy more official games than in Argentina, yet in Argentina you can activate the game, but not in the US" thread

Any more ideas? Just to pass the t9ime until the 18th-20th-22th-whenever.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can get a little egocentric in the US.

Do many of us Americans realize that when we get to see a new movie (take the Dark Knight for example) that the releases in other countries are later (1 week in UK and Norway, almost 1 month in France and Spain)?

I'm ok with 4 days (and secretly better since they should have the activation fixed by then, shhh)

"SEGA are aware that there have been some problems with the activation of Football Manager 2009 today. This has been due to a combination of issues relating to the printing of keycodes and the huge demand for the game

A solution is in place and is starting to clear the problem, we are confident that the issue will be solved today. The chances of successful authentication are increasing hourly. At this point consumers still experiencing difficulties are advised to leave a 10 minute gap between authentication attempts.

SEGA apologises for the disappointment caused by the problems with activating the game and asks for Football Manager fans to remain patient."

Remain patient? No problem, but think you fellas could fix the problems in 3 days and 10 hours? :)

On the bright side, they cite "huge demand for the game" as a key issue causing difficulty. We should suffer no huge demand issues with WWSM.

Well know that the world seems to be getting their copies activated I guess it is just us low-life North Americans who are not yet allowed to play.

What a freakin debacle from beginning to end this whole release has been they have managed to tick off people from all corners of the world. EA and CM have to be loving this day....

Does anyone know of a store, other than Amazon, that has the game in the US? I have a general dislike/distrust of Steam and would prefer to have an actual hard copy of it. I have been searching through every company I can think of and none of them acknowledge the game exists.

At least we have the MLS Semi-Finals to watch. (Thank you, TiVo!)

Between that, the NFL games over the weekend, warm surfing weather, and the built-in convenience of a Thanksgiving holiday weekend to enjoy the game once it does arrive ...

I think I'll be okay. ;)

Springfield, IL! Are you waiting for WWSM or FM, FC Lake Zurich?

Blaugranista

We can get a little egocentric in the US.

Do many of us Americans realize that when we get to see a new movie (take the Dark Knight for example) that the releases in other countries are later (1 week in UK and Norway, almost 1 month in France and Spain)?

I'm ok with 4 days (and secretly better since they should have the activation fixed by then, shhh)

I truly don't understand it. There is not enough market in the US to release at the same time, so they release later. Because of that (and the fact that NO ONE sells this game in any store here), nobody buys the american version, also because they can buy FM overseas 3-4 days earlier, and the patch is already ready to go, with the WWSM patch for the game still wating. This causes less people buying the american version...and round and round it goes.

Ridicolous. Thousands of people playing the cracked game, but we are playing it nacely and waiting until the 18th for the actual game, and until God knows when for the patch.

Wow. Just wow.

Well, different release dates around the world never made any sense to me. I'm from Denmark and usually we get everything later here than in the US. I just don't understand the reasoning behind releasing games like that. :/

When WoW was released my old American clan leader (from a FPS) had to buy a copy for me, register it from his address, pay for it with an American CC for it to work. Then I could log in and play with him. If I had waited for EU release, I would have gotten the EU version of the game and would then only have been able to connect to the EU servers. :S

Why do gaming devs. want the gamers to be divided into small groups? Wouldn't it be better if we could all play together and also easier since they would only need one set of patches and updates...

Can anyone explain WHY they do it like this? :)

I think the biggest problem is that SI has to market the game as Soccer Manager.

We, the lovers of the beautiful game, hate it when is called like that and really want to have the game called its proper way. I used to get it from SI (I was assistant researcher for Colombia, before moving to the US). And have my Football Manager collection.

This time, I think I would buy WWSM, in spite of the S word. Pounds are expensive, my days as researcher are way over and I think is time to start creating a market from SI down here, a user at the time.

It is released later because:

-link with amazon.com-amazon required extra 3 days for transportation from EU

-potential US retailers asked for a diferrent name than "football"-not an SI ideea i suspect.

-steam cannot release earlier as they would ruin Amazon.com sales, and make the game unprofitable.

-SI did not pay enough attention and respect to US market. they probably do not have a clear ideea about the demand here-most of us skiped WWSM and ordered Fm from Eu

Regardless of all this i think they are unprofesional and not capeble to take care of FM anymore. it s not like you play scrabbles with your family, it s a industry.

If this would happen here, in US, a lot of people would be looking for jobs.

It is released later because:

-link with amazon.com-amazon required extra 3 days for transportation from EU

-potential US retailers asked for a diferrent name than "football"-not an SI ideea i suspect.

-steam cannot release earlier as they would ruin Amazon.com sales, and make the game unprofitable.

-SI did not pay enough attention and respect to US market. they probably do not have a clear ideea about the demand here-most of us skiped WWSM and ordered Fm from Eu

Regardless of all this i think they are unprofesional and not capeble to take care of FM anymore. it s not like you play scrabbles with your family, it s a industry.

If this would happen here, in US, a lot of people would be looking for jobs.

Extra three days for transport are not needed. Sega rep in one of the threads here told me that WWSM discs are made here in the US. They are not sent from the UK. According to him it's all about the US releases games on Tuesdays and that's not going to change.

I really don't mind waiting. My game should get hear around the 21st which is perfect for me. I have an exam on the 20th and I know if I got it before the exam I would spend the whole time playing the game. I will get it after my exam and have tons of time to play it. Over a month until the next quarter starts for school,plenty of time to play.

Despite the bugs I'm really excited. I like the demo, I thought 3d was cool. It may not look amazing to some people but I really don't care what the 3d looks like, if I wanted a cool looking game mode I'd get Fifa manager or play Fifa 09. FM/WSM is the closest thing to actually managing, its a great series.

I know a lot of Fifa people who will never consider FM/WSM because you can't control the players. But I think its one of the best parts about the game.

I really don't mind waiting. My game should get hear around the 21st which is perfect for me. I have an exam on the 20th and I know if I got it before the exam I would spend the whole time playing the game. I will get it after my exam and have tons of time to play it. Over a month until the next quarter starts for school,plenty of time to play.

Despite the bugs I'm really excited. I like the demo, I thought 3d was cool. It may not look amazing to some people but I really don't care what the 3d looks like, if I wanted a cool looking game mode I'd get Fifa manager or play Fifa 09. FM/WSM is the closest thing to actually managing, its a great series.

I know a lot of Fifa people who will never consider FM/WSM because you can't control the players. But I think its one of the best parts about the game.

I look forward to the day when the graphics on FM rival EAFIFA. That will be cool.

I ordered on Amazon and am ****ed so bad that I paid for 1 day shipping yet I get the game almost a week later???? First off the game was out on the 14th I don't care. Secondly the game is released here in the states on the 17th of Nov and so why I'm wondering why I get mine on the 20th with 1 day shipping. I'd love some answers but I'm sure I won't get any here since no mods will answer back. Great.

I ordered on Amazon and am ****ed so bad that I paid for 1 day shipping yet I get the game almost a week later???? First off the game was out on the 14th I don't care. Secondly the game is released here in the states on the 17th of Nov and so why I'm wondering why I get mine on the 20th with 1 day shipping. I'd love some answers but I'm sure I won't get any here since no mods will answer back. Great.

You're taking SI to task for a problem with Amazon????

Archived