The Afrovision Managerial Contest -- Sign-Up

The Afrovision Managerial Contest

CAF%20Logo.jpg

From around the globe, 53 managers have come to Africa! Home to what is perhaps the most flamboyant football in the world, and what is essentially an underrated continent in footballing terms. However, the 53 impoverished nations that make up the continent can together boast a number of stars, which tells us that the quality is there. All that is needed is the public attention, and that is what the continent shall get as The Afrovision Managerial Contest lands upon the 30.2 million km2 of earth.

The South African multimedia company known as Broadcasters, African Television, Radio and Complete Entertainment Revolution (BATRACER) is the key company behind the new scheme that will bring fame to African football. After some success after a similar contest was trialled in the Americas, and of course following the huge international celebrity of the Eurovision Song Contest and the Eurovision Striking Contest, Africa is the next continent to be swept by the reality TV and interactive show craze. BATRACER will be broadcasting the Contest to all 53 African nations, and of course to the most interested of other nations (those currently being: the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Germany, Russia, China and Japan), and will offer exclusive coverage of the finals.

Here’s how it will work: 53 of you will be selected to be the managers of the African nations. Mayotte and Réunion, not being FIFA members, have opted not to take part in the contest. The nation you will manage will be randomly assigned to you, and with all the managers set at their nations, I will simulate two months of game time and provide a report. I’ll then do this again until I have done six reports and covered a year of game time. This is where you’ll come in: as Africa is such a huge continent, two nations will get a bye to the final. These will be the holder/host and the highest ranked African team at the end of the 12 months. If these are the same, the bye will go to the next-highest ranked team. The other 51 nations will compete in Semi-Finals, 17 in each of the three semi-finals. From each of the three, five nations will qualify, joining with the two biggest nations to make a 17-strong final.

You will be expected to vote in the semi-finals and final, so it is essential that you are able to continue to follow the sign-up once you have signed up. If you are one of the two nations with a bye, I will get you to give your votes for a specific semi-final. The others will vote for their own semi-final. All 53 managers are expected to vote in the final. As per the Eurovision Song Contest, your votes will consist of a 12-pointer, a 10-pointer, an 8-pointer and votes from 7 down to 1 points. After the votes, the nations are ranked in order of the number of points they have earned; the top five go through from the semi-finals but only the top nation will matter in the final, as they will be crowned the seasonal champion and will host the next contest. If nations are tied, they will be sorted by the number of 12-pointers they have received, then the number of 10-pointers, etcetera, until the tie is broken.

The Sign-Up Process

So, without further ado, let me move onto the sign-up process. As I have been disappointed in the past by users signing up but not posting, I have changed to an open application process. No longer is it first-come, first-served, but your chances of getting in are based on the merits of your sign-up form and your history in CSE. That’s not to say that you won’t get in if you are a newbie, but you are unlikely to if you have already signed up to but deserted one of my sign ups.

The sign-up form is pretty self explanatory. You need to give your manager a first name, a last name and a nationality, as well as a date of birth. You will then need to rank five things in order of their importance to you. These things are all linked with the Eurovision Song Contest. For example, if you think Bloc Voting should be part of the Eurovision Song Contest, and a big one at that, you would rank it number one. Following this is a section for you to justify to me why you should be accepted into the sign-up. You do not have to complete this, and some of you probably will not need to, but if you feel your application may need a little boost, then this is your chance. Here you may want to link to another sign-up that you have posted in regularly after having signed up.

The Sign-Up Form

Manager First Name:

Manager Surname:

Manager Nationality (1):

Date of Birth:

Rank these in order of importance to you (Bloc Voting, Voting by the Public, Voting with a National Jury, Good Songs, Winning the Contest):

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words):

Signing-up starts after this post and will continue for 8½ days after this post. This is because I am on holiday for the next week so will not even see any applications (that are made after I log off tonight) until then. So, as a rough estimate, signing-up will close at 9:00am GMT on Sunday 21st February.

You will hear some time after the signing-up closes whether or not you have been accepted.

The image is courtesy of [noparse]news.myjoyonline.com[/noparse].

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The title got my interest; the canvey!! underneath it got me hooked. ;)

Manager First Name: David

Manager Surname: Dodgson

Manager Nationality (1): English

Date of Birth: 4/8/78

Rank these in order of importance to you (Bloc Voting, Voting by the Public, Voting with a National Jury, Good Songs, Winning the Contest):

1. Winning the contest

2. Voting by the public

3. Bloc voting

4. Good songs

5. Voting by national jury

Why I Should Be Considered: I'm a manager of great experience (FM wise at least) having taken little known clubs such as Chmel Blsany, Yalovaspor and Estudiantes Santander to the top of the World game right here on these forums. I've also done my part as a scumbag Treasure Island pirate, a Eurovision Striking Contestant, one of the Fafeful, and it was me... who was crap! Also, my first challenge attempt on these forums was as manger of Sierra Leone in madWoodster's challenge and I'd love the chance to go back to where it all began... ;)

canvey strikes with another great sign-up (I expect)

The Sign-Up Form

Manager First Name: Whoopy

Manager Surname: Dee'e

Manager Nationality (1): Cameroon

Date of Birth: 1/4/1965

1. Winning the contest

2. Voting by the public

3. Voting with a National Jury

4. Bloc Voting

5. Good Songs

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Need I say more?

Manager First Name: Weeman

Manager Surname: Fernandez

Manager Nationality (1): Peruvian

Date of Birth: 01/02/71

1. Bloc Voting

2. Winning the Contest

3. Voting by the Public

4. Voting with a national Jury

5. Having a good song

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): I seem to have been removed from this forum for a while, and I'd like to get back involved. I've actually provided some good things to this forum, such as the enrichment I did, or at least I hope so. I'm also gunning for the fact that you aren't still angry at me for pulling out of 60 to one for time commitments. Although if you are, I'm usre you can make me lose on purpose.

Manager First Name: Hryhorii

Manager Surname Zahorchak

Manager Nationality (1): Ukrainian

Date of Birth: 15/10/67

1. Winning the Contest

2. Voting By The Public

3. Good Songs

4. Voting by National Jury

5. Bloc Voting

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Much in the way that one can argue that Africa has yet to make a truly global impact in the world of football, I too have yet to make a big impact on the FM forums. I have been a solid poster in the past when it comes to sign-ups, but I have never really excelled. This could be my chance to make that impact and where better to do then with the great nations of Africa?

Manager First Name: Cardio

Manager Surname: Hernandes

Manager Nationality (1): Portuguese

Date of Birth: 17/12/75

1. Winning the contest

2. Voting by the public

3. Good songs

4. Bloc Voting

5. Voting with a national dury.

Why should I be considered: I've a decent enough history in this forum and have since started posting alot more in your other sign-up, 60 to One.

Manager First Name: Jeremy

Manager Surname: English

Date of Birth: 1/2/1982

1. Bloc voting

2. Voting by the public

3. Good Songs

4. Winning the Contest

5. National Jury

Despite the fact I always seem to do badly in other people’s sign ups (especially yours), I am a reliable person to have in a sign up, and can supply a lot of banter. I also ran the All-American Managerial Contest, I was gutted that I never got the chance to be in a sign up like it as I thought it would be quite entertaining from the other user’s point of view. This sign up would provide me with the chance to take part and I'm sure there's no candidate better for the job than yourself. I can only hope you provide the users who sign up with such suspenseful and hilarious updates like THIS ONE.

Manager First Name:Pompey

Manager Surname:13

Manager Nationality (1):English

Date of Birth:17/08/1982

1.Winning the contest

2.Voting by the public

3.Voting with a national jury

4.Bloc voting

5.Good songs

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): I've played a lot of Fm games, been around on the forums for a while and played in a sign up with you before.

Manager First Name: Joe

Manager Surname: Tompkins

Date of Birth: 16/04/90

1. Winning

2. Good songs

3. Jury voting

4. Public voting

5. Bloc voting

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): I may have not been in many sign-ups but I have seen all through until the end including a certain El Aprendiz (;)) and also GCB's FMX2

Do we get afros, as the misleading title clearly suggests?

Even better, you get afrovision. It means you can see afros on everybody else.

What do people think, should I sign up? Bear in mind that if I do decide to sign up I'm not going to turn my application down :D.

Manager First Name: Matt

Manager Surname: Ferguson

Manager Nationality (1): Scotland

Date of Birth: 04.03.1983

1. Winning the Contest

2. Voting by the Public

3. Good Songs

4. Voting with a National Jury

5. Bloc Voting

I've got a good track record, doing very well in FMX-Factor 2, and mackemforevers Forum Youth sign-up. I'm usually on the forums every evening, and reply a.s.a.p to messages. Consider me because I wont let you down :thup:

Manager First Name: dafuge (can I have just one name? If not, da fuge will do)

Manager Surname:

Date of Birth: 12.04.1980

1. Good Songs

2. Winning the Contest

3. Voting by the Public

4. Bloc Voting

5. Voting with a National Jury

I usually only take part in one sign up a year, I'm hoping this will be it.

Even better, you get afrovision. It means you can see afros on everybody else.

What do people think, should I sign up? Bear in mind that if I do decide to sign up I'm not going to turn my application down :D.

From my experience with sign ups, it's always a little bit more entertaining if you're involved yourself.

Excellent, I was part of North Amerivision so I will make my presence known here as well!

Manager First Name: Ryan

Manager Surname: Andrews

Manager Nationality (1): South African

Date of Birth: 12/18/80

1. Winning the Contest

2. Good Songs

3. Voting by the Public

5. Bloc Voting

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Because I am awesome! No seriously, I think my presence has been known in these forums for a while, and you can always consider me a reliable poster, now that I am back at school and don't have to worry about work for a bit!

Manager First Name: Ricky

Manager Surname: Nakano

Manager Nationality (1): Canadian

Date of Birth: 13/06/1980

1. Winning the Contest

2. Voting by the Public

3. Good Songs

5. Bloc Voting

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Well, several reasons,

• I'm still in the running in '60 to One', and I still do post there
  • SC2BC Asia founder, oh, South Africa was also included in last year's challenge. ;)
  • I've had experience managing in Nigeria and Ivory Coast and Senegal in my Career Games, and won the African Cup of Nations with Senegal in my FM09 career game (search 'Crazy Canuck on Global Managerial Tour' in the careers forum ;))
  • and the very recent SC2BC All Stars Challenge somewhere down the CSE page...which has been a bit inactive because of a lack of nominations. :(
  • Oh wait. And I'm Canadian! That must count for something!!! :D

The Sign-Up Form

Manager First Name: Didier

Manager Surname: Dardon

Manager Nationality (1): French

Date of Birth: 09.04.1980

Rank these in order of importance to you (Bloc Voting, Voting by the Public, Voting with a National Jury, Good Songs, Winning the Contest): I randomised these as I already know what choice does what to your manager.

1. Good Songs

2. Bloc Voting

3. Voting by National Jury

4. Winning the Contest

5. Voting by the Public

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): If you let me in, I will run the sign-up for you!

Manager First Name: Super

Manager Surname: Lampard

Date of Birth: 12.04.1980

1. Good Songs

2. Voting by the Public

3. Voting with a national jury

4. Bloc Voting

5. Winning the contest

I have been a regular part of 60 to One and El Apprendiz, as well as sign-ups produced by other members of the forum. I have also seen a few generations of this forum since around January 2008 when i began to venture in here, and although not a big star of the forum, I have been around and known about for a good while

Manager First Name: Tyler

Manager Surname: Burrows

Manager Nationality (1): Andorra

Date of Birth: 1/07/1980

1. Good Songs

2. Bloc Voting

3. Winning the Contest

4. Voting by the Public

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Here Goes!

• One of the biggest posters in 60 to One, Rarely an updates passes without me posting at least something.
  • Heavy and consistent poster in all sign-ups I contribute in.
  • New to managing in Africa and I think there is a lot to learn from the experience.
  • Good sonds are wayy more important than winning the contest, see most of the UK's performance in the last 10 years.
  • Can advertise the sign-up through my varios Twitter pages to more than 100,000 followers thanks to my Successes in Destnation Europe.
  • Everyone needs an Andorran hero right???

Afrovision! :D:thup:

The Sign-Up Form

Manager First Name: Ben

Manager Surname: Cee

Manager Nationality (1): Singaporean

Date of Birth: 2/2/1987

1. Winning the contest (of course)

2. Bloc voting (no idea what that is, but sure :D)

4. Good Songs

5. Voting by the public (the public can't be trusted)

Because, as you all know, I only take part in quality sign ups. That I signed up for this, proves that it's quality. :thup:

Manager First Name: Mentho

Manager Surname: Latum

Manager Nationality (1): Singaporean

Date of Birth: 31/12/1990

1. Voting by the public

2. Bloc voting

4. Good Songs

5. winning the contest

the public has the power to vote ,so if i am considered,it means the public wants me!!!

This looks like it could be a lot of fun...

Manager First Name: Alfred

Manager Surname: Jarry

Manager Nationality (1): French

Date of Birth: 08/09/73

1. Bloc Voting

2. Voting by National Jury

3. Winning the Contest

4. Good songs

5. Voting by public

Why I Should Be Considered:

My job entails sitting around for long periods of time staring at a computer screen and as I'm at work looking at 99% of the internet will get me fired. Therefore, I love nothing more than a good signup to wile away the hours. I believe I have a good record in the few signups I have previously been involved with although I haven't been around here since fm2009 I am looking forward to being participant in a well organised and supported idea such as this. My NTI wonderkid was media friendly and I can be relied on to make deadlines in good time.

Manager First Name: Liam

Manager Surname:Ferguson

Manager Nationality (1):English

Date of Birth:01/07/90

1.Voting by the Public

2.Bloc Voting

3.Winning the Contest

4.Voting with a National Jury

5. Good Songs

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Because i would love to be part of the sign up which looks great and i post in other sign ups im in and active on forums :)

The Sign-Up Form

Manager First Name: Sir Ronald

Manager Surname: Vaughan

Date of Birth: 26/9/75

1. Good songs

2. Bloc Voting

3. Voting by the public

4.Voting with a national jury

5. Winning the contest

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Followers of my career in the Career Forum will look upon the name of Sir Ronald Vaughan with a sense of deja vu. Is this really the man that once took Bidvest Wits in the South African Premier League to the final of the African Champions League? Perhaps its an alter ego. Either way, Africa has been kind to Vaughan and it would make perfect sense for this knight of the realm to lead another African nation to 'glory'. As you can see winning the contest is not a concern for Ron. He prefers to stay away from success, having witnessed many a great man succumb to the pressure of fame. You may be thinking, 'what a contradiction'...this is a managerial song contest....well you're wrong, because if there's one thing Ron can do, that is sing. And if there's one other thing Ron can do, that is Bloc vote :cool:. Oh and I'm a reliable user and a great person. I also love you canvey :eek:

That'll do it :D:thup:

Manager First Name: Steve

Manager Surname: Axworth

Manager Nationality (1): Finland

Date of Birth: 01/05/1991

1. Good Songs

2. Winning

3. Public

4. Jury

5. Block

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Reliable new poster, will enjoy doing this competion, very much plan on winning ;)

Manager First Name: Jose

Manager Surname: Rodriguez

Manager Nationality (1): spanish

Date of Birth: 30.01.1980

1. Bloc Voting

2. Winning the Contest

3. Voting by the Public

4. Good songs

I have never taken in part in a canvey sign up, but have always wanted too but normally miss the boat. I am a regular poster in all sign ups i am a member of currently.

Manager First Name: Adam

Manager Surname: Wilkinson

Date of Birth: 11th January 1993

1. Winning the Contest

2. Voting by the Public

3. Bloc Voting

4. Good songs

Why I should be considered

Because I love you xx

In all seriousness, I did take part in the first one when WW did the Eurovision one, and I have taken part in sign ups before. I have also done some myself as well. This would mean the world to me, to be part of this sign up. So please canvey, put me through to the next round :)

Manager First Name: James

Manager Surname: Flash

Manager Nationality (1): South African

Date of Birth: 28/08/170

1. Winning the Contest

2. Good Songs

3. Bloc Voting

5. Having a good song

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): I am always lurking around these forums and even posting on occasion. I only recently discovered sign ups and I am keen to try this as it looks like good fun

Looks like another gem of a sign-up from canvey :thup:

Manager First Name: Tom

Manager Surname: Hamilton

Manager Nationality (1): Australian

Date of Birth: 20/09/1970

1. Good Songs

2. Winning the Contest

3. Voting by the Public

5. Bloc Voting

Why I Should Be Considered: I am a reliable user who posts in every thread that i am involved in on a regular basis and continue to contribute even once i am no longer involved, such as voting in FMX-Factor 2 once i was eliminated. I check these forums daily and never miss an update unless i am away, in which case i always notify the runner of the sign-up.

Manager First Name: Ricky

Manager Surname: Gill

Manager Nationality (1): Italian

Date of Birth: May 2, 1990

1. Voting by the public

2. Winning the contest

3. Bloc Voting

5. Good songs

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Well I've been a member on these forums for a little while now and my post count isn't really a good representative of how active I am. I'm constantly logging on to check for updates in my other sign-ups. I just recently started venturing into this part of the forums and these sign-ups are very fun.

Manager First Name: Robert

Manager Surname: Boyle

Date of Birth: 29/06/1966

Rank these in order of importance to you:

1. Winning the Contest

2. Good Songs

3. Bloc Voting

4. Voting by the Public

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): I would like to consider myself as a reliable member of cse, and have always kept up to date with your signups (until I get knocked out :(). Oh, and I won The Apprentice ;)

Manager First Name: Des

Manager Surname: Tiny

Manager Nationality (1): New Zealand

Date of Birth: 13/07/1950

Rank these in order of importance to you:

1. Bloc Voting

2. Winning the Contest

3. Voting with a National Jury

4. Good Songs

5. Voting by the Public

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Because I was a runner-up for User of the Year last season, I made over 1000 posts in the JoseRR thread, and in general I am sooo obsessed with FM and the teams that I even have a Fafe Jersey on its way from Portugal. And of course I am inside the top 18 of 60 to One!

Manager First Name: Chip

Manager Surname: Butty

Date of Birth: 12-7-61

1. Good Songs

2. Voting By The Public

3. Winning the Contest

5. Bloc Voting

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): I think you should consider me canvey!! because you can guarantee that I'm hanging around (T2B, FMX mean I have to), I've let you enter FMX3 (;)) and I really like your sign-up's - particularly the Apprentice (en Espanol). And because you're on my friend list. And I am a big fan of the African Cup of Nations - go Elephants! :) And I advertised your sign-up on FMX3!

The Sign-Up Form

Manager First Name: Joaquim

Manager Surname: Ntandi

Manager Nationality (1): Mozambique

Date of Birth: 10.12.1980

1. Good Songs

2. Voting by the Public

3. Winning the Contest

5. Bloc Voting

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): Because I have actually picked an African nationality, unlike most people :D;)

The Sign-Up Form

Manager First Name: Be

Manager Surname: Jayatsena

Manager Nationality (1): Italian

Date of Birth: 17/05/81

1. Good Songs

2. Voting with a National Jury

3. Bloc Voting

4. Voting by the Public

5. Winning the Contest

Because when I join the sign up as a player usually I got a bad injury that make my performance bad, so I guess I have to retire now and become one of the African manager ;)

Manager First Name: Magnus

Manager Surname: Vestergaard

Manager Nationality (1): Sweden

Date of Birth: 24/04/1980

1. Good Songs

2. Voting by the Public

3. Winning the Contest

5. Bloc Voting

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): I've been in several on your sign-ups. Am (almost) constantly online and never miss a deadline.

Signing Up is still Open, for those who may think otherwise.

I acknowledge the idea of a smaller sign-up, but I can't currently find a way to accommodate that - I will keep signing up open and have some other plans before I consider that alternative.

The Sign-Up Form

Manager First Name: Jack

Manager Surname: Browne

Manager Nationality (1): American

Date of Birth: 09/06/78

1. Winning the contest

2. Voting by the public

3. Bloc Voting

4. Voting with a national jury

5. Good Songs

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): I am a reliable user with good participation and post rate in all of the sign-ups I have been involved in. I will rarely miss an update for more than 2 days. I am online for several hours a day, so can be easily contacted if needed. :thup:

The Sign-Up Form

Manager First Name: Craig

Manager Surname: Hopper

Manager Nationality (1): Kenya

Date of Birth: 01/03/1980

1. Winning the Contest

2. Voting by the Public

3. Good Songs

4. Bloc Voting

6. Terry Wogan

I've had a bit of a break from these forums as I've had a baby (well not me personally) and my work life has been hectic. Things have now calmed down a lot and I find myself browsing this forum a lot looking for things to post in. Although I've not signed up to a Canvey signup in the past I've always been active in any that I have been a part of, and like to think that I have a good posting history.

34 sign-ups so far, which means that 19 more are needed. I will close signing up at 9:00am GMT on Sunday 28th February, and after that I will use my connections to fill any remaining spots. So if you aren't connected to me, but want in, now is your only chance! Bear in mind that if 19 people do take these spots before the deadline, you can still enter and I will chose the best 53 from all applications.

Manager First Name: Alex

Manager Surname: Almond

Date of Birth: 12 - 5 -1979

1.Winning the Contest

2.Good Songs

3.Voting by the Public

5.Bloc Voting

Why I Should Be Considered (<150 words): I always follow any thread made by yourself and I will be a regular poster in this one.

Archived