Emulating Reality: Creating Kaka (AMC)

Emulating Reality: Creating Kaka (AMC)

One of, if not the worlds best attacking midfield, Kaka utilises his surprisingly physical stature, along with typical Brazilian flair and skill, to devastating effect just in front of the oppositions back line.

Further to this, he runs from deep with the ball straight at the defence, capable of beating a player of playing a killer through ball.

In Football Manager 2010, the Attacking Midfielder varies with what formation you are using. For this tutorial, assume we're using a 4-2-3-1. As with all these tutorials, these are guidelines only and not the sole correct answer to recreating this position.

The Aim

When looking at this role, we wish to achieve a focal point for your teams attack, who will happily collect the ball to feet, pass the ball in multiple directions and run with the ball into dangerous areas. We also want the player to find space in which to do his work to maximum effect.

Key Stats

The perfect player will have at least 15 in each of the attributes below. Most, if not all of these attributes are highlighted within the tactical creator - this will simply explain why. The ones that aren't are my personal additions and will be in bold:

Technical

Dribbling - The ability to closely control the ball whilst moving is important, as it means the player never lets the ball leave his feet until he chooses to unleash it.

First Touch - When the ball comes to the feet of your offensive outlet, it needs to stick to him like glue or the opposition will mop up the poor touch and counter you.

Passing - Naturally, a good level of passing will allow your AMC to creatively play in his teammates.

Technique - Closely linked to all the above, without good technique the player will be less capable of performing the technical aspects of the footballing game. A player with 20 for the above stats, but 5 for Technique, would be drastically less impressive for the fole.

Long Shots - Not exactly needed, but a good long shot can allow you as a tactician to allow for a greater variety in your attacking play.

Mental

Creativity - Controls how imaginative your AMC is - without imagination, he cannot envisage the forward runs of your attacking players. Crucial stat.

Decisions - Your AMC needs to decide what to do with the ball. If he isn't capable of making quick and accurate decisions, you will lose possession.

Flair - Again, this is closely linked to Creativity in that it determines how flamboyant your AMC will be in his ideas. A cheeky back heel? A crafty chipped pass? A flair player will try the unexpected to unlock a defence.

Off The Ball - To find space, the AMC's ability off the ball is important. He will intelligently look for space to exploit and pull his marker around like a rag doll.

Anticipation - If you wish to have an AMC arriving late in the box, the ability to anticipate a loose ball is a bonus.

Teamwork - Important for many positions, a high teamwork stat means your player will link and interchange with your teammates.

Physical

Acceleration - If your AMC can explode past his marker, you have a definitive advantage. Furthermore, he will get into the box quicker if he can accelerate.

Balance - To me, a crucial stat. If your player can balance well, his first touch and technique will benefit and his passing and creativity will be used to maximum effect.

Agility - Same as above - the ability to use your body to twist and turn to maximum effect.

Sliders

**This is NOT the be all end all set up for Attacking Midfielders! I've ticked boxes to show you a general set up. The long shots, run with ball, whether you want him to hold the ball up etc. should be tinkered according to your tactical needs.**

HOWAMC1.jpg

The Result

The AMC will look to support the attacking players with runs from deep, as well as threading passes to the forwards to create chances.

In the screenshot below, the striker Tafer is receiving a pass. He will turn and play in a through ball for my AMC, Max Canavan.

The reason Canavan is capable of doing this is because he has the Off The Ball, Anticipation and Acceleration stats to intelligently lose his marker.

HOWAMC2.jpg

That is what you will be wanting to see from your own AMCs when you build your tactics.

To Sum It Up

The AMC in the modern game is the role of some of the worlds most celebrated footballers - including Kaka, Lampard and to some extent Ronaldinho and Rooney.

Every top team has a player who does this type of job, and there's a reason. They offer a multitude of benefits, and are extremely difficult to pick up "in the hole" between the midfield and defence.

On FM10 they offer the same value to your tactics.

Have fun creating your own creative artists!

Tubey

Tubey84

Another very interesting thread. I was actually thinking about starting a similar discussion about Fabregas. Being an Arsenal supporter, I’ve always been frustrated to not be able to get Fabregas to play in the game like he does in real life. Sure I’ve been able to get him to get loads of assists, but not always to totally dominate the game and score goals. In the my last season he got something like 25 assists, but only 3 goals. Given his amazing form at the moment is showing his true potential as an attacking, goal scoring, assist making playmaker, do you have any suggestions for how to set him up in game? If you prefer to keep this thread entirely focused on Kaka, I’ll happily strat another, but just thought your description of Kaka is pretty much exactly what Fabregas is becoming (except I think he’s actually better at it, no bias of course!)

cheers

Archived