WW's FM10 World Superleague Small to Big Club Challenge

WW's FM10 World Superleague Small to Big Club Challenge

Filefront Download Link:

Version 1.01

http://www.filefront.com/15014587/WW%20FIFA%20World%20League%20Version%201.01.rar

Version 1.00

http://www.filefront.com/14973139/WW-FIFA-World-League-Version-1.00.rar/

With the introduction of the new competition editor, I decided that to construct a World Superleague that could be used to provide a novel approach to the usual small to big club challenges. Therefore, I have constructed a World Superleague to be used for the purposes of this challenge.

The World Superleague Structure

I have attached below a summary of the World Superleague structure below. The concept of the Superleague are 6 tiers of competiton: 3 Worldwide top divisions, followed by 3 league levels that initially are designed upon a regional structure.

League Structure

I have attached in the post below screenshots of all the leagues available to play in (please note that in the 24 team leagues, the 24th noted team does not appear).

The lower league competitions are initially based on regional groupings, however over time there will be a movement of teams across the different leagues structures, which to a certain extent is unavoidable unfortunately.

Accompanying Cup Competitions

Intercontinental Champions League – Devised to be a rough approximation of the European Champions League, the 64 highest ranked teams (those from the top 3 leagues) are placed in groups of 4, with the top 2 in each mini group qualifying for a 2 legged knockout competition.

World Club Cup – Devised to be a rough equivalent of the FA Cup. All 640 teams from the league structure enter this competition, a simple one off knockout competition, no replays, so extra time and penalties will be regarded in the event of a tie over 90 minutes.

Intercontinental Club Shield – A similar knockout competition to the World Club Cup, but this competition is for the 4th and 5th tier clubs, those in any one season playing in the Regional First and Second Divisions.

World Development Trophy – A similar knockout competition to the World Club Cup, but this competition is solely for teams in the lowest league tier, those in the World Development Leagues.

World Football League Youth Tournament – As there are no specific other squads for non-1st team squad players, a youth league tournament has been set up to allow your younger academy players the chance to develop themselves. The tournament, for teams in the top 3 World divisions and the Regional First Divisions. The competition is purely for players under the age of 21.

Aim

To take one of the 15 teams that finish bottom of overall World Superleague structure after the first season to World club glory, on route winning :

1) World Premier Division

2) Intercontinental Champions League

3) World Club Cup

Note: These do not all have to be achieved in the same season.

For a further challenge, then take yourself to the top of the FIFA HQ Hall of Fame leaderboard, by guiding your side to multiple World Premier Division and World Club Cup titles.

Set up & Rules

Download the winrar file and unrar it, placing it in the relevant location on your computer, typically:

· My Documents --> Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2010 --> Editor Data

Start a new game of Football Manager 2010 and select the new xml file (please note only select this file (Version 1.00), which is linked to the nation of Tuvalu.

Next on the league select page, the only nation you will be able to choose is “FIFA HQ”. Select this, and ensure the league structure will include down to the World Development League.

· For the size of database to be used, it is recommended that you choose the following custom options:

Advised Database Size

Load the game up and start as an unemployed manager and go on holiday until the 19th June 2010. The league reset date is the 20th June, so it advised to retire your unemployed manager at this point.

Add a new manager, choosing one of the 15 teams that finished bottom of the World Development Leagues (A-O) in the 2009/10 season. You will be responsible for guiding this team up the leagues.

· Playing naming and tactic discussion is allowed.

· Use of 3rd party editors is not allowed.

• Any other variables such as key staff, using fictional players or attribute masking are optional, although please state at the start if your preferences are different to usual in small to big club challenges.

International management is allowed, but please state if you do take on the job as an international manager inturn.

If you are sacked, you have to restart the challenge from the start of the next season, using one of the 15 teams that finished bottom of the World Development Leagues that season.

Please take a screenshot of your manager profile on your 1st day of taking over your chosen club, along with the previous season’s league screenshot so we can see that your chosen team finished bottom of their World Development League.

Feel free to update as frequently as you want, but it would be appreciated if you could provide an update on at least an annual basis, stating how your season progressed.

Most importantly of all, enjoy the World Superleague! :):thup:

Author’s Note

It is up to you which club from the 15 leagues you choose to play with. The way I have grouped the 15 World Development Leagues is so that some leagues are of higher quality than others in a similar tier, so this could mean that the team you takeover will be of higher quality than other potential clubs, yet you may find it harder to get out of the league initially.

What you will notice however, is that after the 1st season, the bottom leagues can swap about quite a lot - so if you choose well, your team could go from finishing last at the end of the 1st season, to being predicted to have a top 6 finish the next.... take your time to analyse the options available to you!!! ;)

For those of you who wish to speed up the process, you can download my saved holiday season from 2nd June 2010, thereby giving you a ready made choice of 15 teams to play with come the 20th June:

Download savegame link to filefront (50Mb, for game version 1.00):

http://www.filefront.com/14973919/Holiday%20Season%20for%20World%20Superleague.rar

You would be surprised - obviously if your pc is ancient and you usually struggle with lots of leagues' date=' then this may run a bit slow. However, its not as slow as you may think - depends on how much detail within the leagues you want really! :D[/quote']

I've got 3gb of RAM it's just my CPU sorta sucks...

I'm running Level 10 atm on large database and sometimes with the FA Cup Qual. Rounds it takes about 10-15 mins since there are over 100 matches

I've got 3gb of RAM it's just my CPU sorta sucks...

I'm running Level 10 atm on large database and sometimes with the FA Cup Qual. Rounds it takes about 10-15 mins since there are over 100 matches

Ah - well the one bonus about this is that there are not as many leagues as if you go down to level 10 in the English pyramid.

This challenge has 27 leagues in one country, whereas the level 10 database has around 45 main leagues, plus about 60 youth leagues and a humongous amount of cups! :)

If your machine can cope with running the English structure on a large database, then this will comparatively fly! :D

As created, I already have a season holidayed, so I will start the challenge by taking over....

SO Armee (Manager Profile) of Ivory Coast.

They finished dead last in their league the previous season:

2009/10 League Position = 24th

Part of the reasons I chose this team was because the rearrangement of the leagues has led to SO Armee going from finishing last to being predicted to finish 3rd in the league for the forthcoming season! :D

Board Expectations

Note to all: Take your time to view the options available to you, as the new season leagues could help or hinder you!

Another reason for taking them over was the fact that they have a synthetic pitch, which is quite amusing! :D

Facilities

Hopefully will pick up some bargains over the summer and then try to live up to the media expectations for the forthcoming season!

Just to give people a flavour of the teams they could get - I had the option of teams like:

Kabul Club (Afghanistan)

FC Andorra (Andorra)

Dundee (Scotland)

Dinamo Tirana (Albania)

Transport Utd (Bhutan)

Deportivo Tachira (Venezuela)

So a nice mixed bag of teams to choose from!!

Lol I live in Dundee...

Stalker :eek:

Just finished loaded up the save provided. I have gone with Deportivo Tachira FC formly of Venezuela. They finished bootom of league K last season but are predicted to finish 5th in league M this season.

Here are my screenshots Profile and Last Year.

Has anyone else noticed that their 10/11fixtures are put on the end of the 09/10 list?

What are the player rules like? As in, how many foreign players are you allowed in your squad? This looks like a cracing set up, would be awesome to take a club from Oceania to the top!

In the lower leagues there are absolutely no player rules.

Once you reach the World Second Division (3 promotions away), I included a rule so that a minimum of 3 players in your match squad of 18 should be trained with the club, increasing to 4 players for the World First Division and 5 for the World Premier Division.

Hardly punative, but I thought it would help to level the competition in the upper leagues slightly as they have to have a certain element of home grown talent in their match squads.

blowcrapup - Yeah some of the clubs who traditional have their seasons completed during one calendar year do have some odd looking fixture lists in that they are split over 2 seasons, but I'm not too bothered about that.

Also welcome onboard, I considered using that Venezuelan team myself but the synthethic pitch tipped it for the Ivory Coast side. :D

For those of you who are investigative, you will notice that there is only 1 squad of players per club (ie: No separate tabs for U18s). This means that once you get to the Regional First Division, the World Youth League Tournament will be played alongside the main competitions.

However, hopefully that won't cause too much hassle (just need to use the 'save selection' tool if you want to be quick to switch between the different squads used for the competitions). :thup:

Things are going well the league reshuffle seems to have made it quite easy for me.

Just out of interest is international management allowed?

Umm, interesting one... I don't see why not, could add interest to the task - build up a club from a small nation and at the same time help that national team.

I'll add it to the OP. :thup:

its a bit weird as no team has a U18 team, will the game not fizzle out due to players retiring and no players being regenerated?

I'm worried about that I don't think I've had any newgens through for this season and having a look through no other team seems to have had any.

Why are Swansea so high? Can I replace them with Bristol City befre I start the challenge?

Swansea are so high, as is Cardiff, as I've allowed them to be counted as Welsh teams, not English ones. Therefore, to spread countries representation around a bit, then they have been included higher up than other teams.

I'm not particularly keen on people replacing teams, but if you really really wanted to see Bristol City in there, then can you replace a team like Notts Forest, an English team who start in the World Development leagues.

I'm worried about that I don't think I've had any newgens through for this season and having a look through no other team seems to have had any.

Teams get their regens through at different stages of the season and are put straight into the senior squad. For example, European clubs get their youth products through in June typically, yet clubs such as Beijing get their youth player intake in January.

If you haven't seen an intake as yet, give it time - they do turn up!

Just hit the half way point in the season and things couldn't be going better. Sat 3 points clear at the top of the league with 16 Wins and 7 Draws. I'm still unbeaten and have only conceded 12 goals in the league. The only bad thing is I'm out of both of the cups going out in the 2nd Round of the Development cup and 2nd round of the World Club Cup.

Archived