Destination Europe: Are You Ready?

40 European Destination's. 39 Flights. 15 of Europe's Finest Football Teams. 5 teams of 3 people. 1 Massive Prize fund.

CSE Television Studio's present:

DESTINATION EUROPE!

"The best reality TV show based on flight since Celeb Air!" - News of the World

"The perfect mix of a Top Gear race, Airline & Match of the Day" - Daily Mirror

"Only worth watching because of that hunk PaulHartman71!" - The Sun

# # #

DESTEUROPELOGO.jpg

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday 14th August 2009: Shetland Islands

Jeremy English - the presenter of Destination Europe - was standing outside of the large, old yet still modern Sumburgh Hotel. Despite being built in the late 1860's, the Sumburgh Hotel still boasted modern facilities, which Jeremy and the producers had really liked when initially looking for a hotel for this special night. The hotel had appealed because it was very close to Sumburgh Airport, the Airport from which all fifteen of the contestant's would be arriving at shortly. Another thing that intrigued them was the loud, disco music that started playing as soon as they went on the website home page. It wasn't until a few minutes later that they realised the music was infact coming from a pop-up advertising a poker site, but this didn't matter, they wanted to host the launch party at this hotel.

He looked at the cameramen all around the site, the poor buggers. If the viewers thought that the contestant's were in for a bad ride, boy were the cameramen. CSE Television Studio's had hired literally hundred's of cameramen to capture every single moment of Destination Europe, this involved hiring lots of them, and placing them all over Europe, some of them who would wait weeks to record a few days footage. In all of their contract's was a clause that they had to stay within a mile radius of their designated Airport, waiting for the contestant's to arrive. This was to be made even more complicated thanks to the confusing way the competition was thought up, meaning one 'team' of contestants could arrive a week before any of the other 4 'teams' did. Jeremy never felt happier that he was the young, rich and handsome presenter he was.

The cold wind started biting viciously at his face. "The one time where I actually have to location shoot, it has to be the bloody Shetland Islands. When you told me it was called Destination Europe, I was expecting France, Italy, Spain, even Germany, not an island north of bloody Scotland!", Jeremy shouted towards his director. But before his director could shout back, they both noticed a set of taxi's pull round the corner of the road. The cameramen all instinctively shot into action, one of them nearly falling over in the process.

# # #

Ten minutes later...

"Hello and welcome to Destination Europe, I am the host, Jeremy English".

"All fifteen of you applied to take part in a reality TV program that involved traveling around Europe in a race, with the winners collecting a prize fund of €1,000,000. As with all reality TV shows, we didn't tell you the exact details, because that would run the fun!"

"Before we get into more details, I would like to take this opportunity to split you into your five teams of three. You will be competing alongside the other two people in your teams, so lets hope you all get to know your team members and become the best of friends over the next ten months or so."

[u][color=black]Team 1: Team Oceania[/color][/u]

Lower League's Rule
PluckaDuck
Whoopy D
[u]
Team 2: Team North American Coffee[/u]

spartans5
rancer_890
Kenco
[u]
Team 3: Team CSE FMO

[/u]PaulHartman71
Robert_296
Ridleys

[u]Team 4: The Dark Horses

[/u]jack.browne
super_lampard
tomsmith1989

[u]Team 5: The Late Entries

[/u]roberto922
joetheref
brettney1980

"Now, for the drawing of the clubs. For this we have waited especially for you all to arrive, as even I myself, at this time do not know who has drawn which clubs. Here is a list of all of the clubs and their selective number".

1    AC Milan
2    Arsenal
3    Ath. Madrid
4    Barcelona
5    Chelsea
6    Fiorentina
7    Inter Milan
8    Juventus
9    Liverpool
10   Manchester City
11   Manchester United
12   Real Madrid
13   Roma
14   Sevilla
15   Valencia

"The following number will represent which club each person has. For example, if the number '2' is drawn first, AC Milan will go to PluckaDuck. Basically, we work down the above list alphabetically, on each club we draw a number based upon your order in the 'group' table. "

"If you don't understand that, I apologize on behalf of the creative team who said that for legal reasons we had to do it this way. However, here is a full draw, showing the group's, and the club's each person has".

[left][u][color=black]Team 1: Team Oceania[/color][/u]

Lower League's Rule    - Liverpool
PluckaDuck             - Arsenal                                              
Whoopy D               - Manchester United

[u] Team 2: Team North American Coffee[/u]

spartans5                - Juventus
rancer_890               - Manchester City
Kenco                    - Sevilla

[u] Team 3: Team CSE FMO[/u]

PaulHartman71    - Inter Milan
Robert_296       - Barcelona
Ridleys          - AC Milan

[u]Team 4: The Dark Horses[/u]

jack.browne      - Valencia
super_lampard    - Ath. Madrid
tomsmith1989     - Chelsea

[u]Team 5: The Late Entries[/u]

roberto922      - Fiorentina
joetheref       - Roma
brettney1980    - Real Madrid
[/left]

"So gentleman, now that you have been placed into your groups of three, and each given a club there is very little left for you to do tonight. In-fact, there is absolutely nothing. As tomorrow is the official start of the show, the remaining rules will be explained exactly then. For now, you can enjoy all that this hotel has to offer, get to know each other, especially the other two in your team. Have a good night lads!"

Thankyou Mr. English, I'm very much looking forward to my stay at the Sumburgh Hotel!!

Mon Team Oceania (I love the idea between keeping us together geographically along with the yanks). I'm sure I can work with my Kiwi counterparts, for now and forever. Bahhhhhh!! :D

Great OP Paul :thup:

Was scrolling through the draw hoping I'd get Man Utd so glad that worked out. Another 2 big English clubs in our team as well, seems the draw etc couldn't have gone better, except for being teamed with PluckaDuck :D Not sure I can forgive him for calling me a kiwi ;)

Saturday 15th August 2009: Shetland Islands

"Hello again everyone, if you can remember anything after last night's booze-fest, then I hope you remembered my name. It would have been wise for our North American and Oceanic friends to have gotten an early night, since I doubt that any of you have adapted to the new time zone yet. It would also have been wise for everyone else to get some sleep, but judging by the now emptied Tassimo machine in the hotel's reception, it seems at least one person didn't get any, I'm looking at you Kenco!"

"Now, lets talk business. I know that a lot of you are still not really sure about the rules, or what this reality TV show involves you guys doing. Below is a list of rules and regulations"

CSE Television Studio's present's: Destination Europe, The Rules Handbook

1. You must only travel within your individual groups, any breaking of this rule will result in immediate exclusion.
  2. The only mode of transportation you can use, is flight. You cannot drive or travel via boat.
  3. The only money you can use to buy your flight tickets is the money you receive for your club's performances. If your club wins a game, you will receive 300 UK pounds. If they draw, you will receive 100 UK pounds. If they lose, you receive nothing.
  4. If between the 3 of you in your individual groups you don't have enough money for all of you to fly, you will not be allowed to fly.
  5. You can have as many flights as you like in each gameweek.
  6. Each group will be given a card from CSE Television Studio's, this card is only to be used for staying in local hotel's whilst you are waiting to receive more flight money. If this card is used for anything other than hotel's, we will know.

"Now I am sure you are all wondering where you will be flying to. Below is a map showing your route. You must follow this route and only this route. It has been made specially by the creative department, so I hope that you do not lose or vandalize it. I would also like to confirm that the route itself isn't that specific, it will look like you have to go to certain airport's in certain countries. This is not the case, you can go to any airport you like in each country.".

gangstamap.jpg

"Now, today is the big day. It is the start of all 3 football season's. CSE Television Studio's has bought all 3 division's, and got rid of every domestic cup, and European cup competition. This mean's in theory, all of the gameweek's will be the same in each division. Which will make life a lot easier".

"In a moment we will be heading to Cumburgh Airport, where you arrived just yesterday. Now don't worry, since this is the beginning of the competition, all five groups will start with 1,000 UK pounds before the football results come in. This is purely because we don't want to hang around on this island anymore. Once the football result's are in, you will be able to start purchasing flight's to get you all to Aberdeen. Once you are there, the competition will have truly begun. You will have to fly using just the remaining funds you have from the 1,000 pounds, and the money you raised from your club's performance in gameweek one. Good luck guys, you are really going to need it!"

Saturday 15th August 2009: Shetland Islands

"Hello again everyone. I must hurry this, I have a flight leaving very soon and want to get back to my home in Miami as soon as possible. In case you are all wondering, in future weeks you will receive the results of the gameweek's via your group's Blackberries. Below are the result's for the first gameweek".

[b]Chelsea   [/b]  2-0 Burnley
Hull        1-1 [b]Arsenal[/b]
[b]Liverpool [/b]  4-0 Sunderland
[b]Man United[/b]  0-1 [b]Man City[/b]
[b]AC Milan  [/b]  1-2 [b]Roma[/b]
Chievo      1-0 [b]Fiorentina[/b]
Genoa       2-2 [b]Inter Milan[/b]
[b]Juventus[/b]    3-0 Bari
Mallorca    2-0 [b]Sevilla[/b]
[b]Real Madrid[/b] 4-0 Malaga
[b]Valencia   [/b] 0-2 Valladolid
Zaragoza    4-1 [b]Ath. Madrid[/b]
Tenerife    0-2 [b]Barcelona[/b]

"Below is a table showing all 5 of your group's and the money that you all now have at your disposal. I really must be leaving you now, so goodbye and of course, good luck!"

[b]Gameweek 1[/b]

Lower League's Rule    - Liverpool        [b]300[/b]
PluckaDuck             - Arsenal          [b]100      [/b]                            
Whoopy D               - Manchester United  [b]0[/b]

[b]Total:[/b] 1,000 + 400 = [b]1,400[/b]

spartans5              - Juventus         [b]300[/b]
rancer_890             - Manchester City  [b]300[/b]
Kenco                  - Sevilla            [b]0[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]1,000 + 600 = [b]1,600[/b]

PaulHartman71          - Inter Milan  [b]100[/b]
Robert_296             - Barcelona    [b]300[/b]
Ridleys                - AC Milan  [b]     0

Total: [/b]1,000 + 400 = [b]1,400[/b]

jack.browne            - Valencia      [b]0[/b]
super_lampard          - Ath. Madrid   [b]0[/b]
tomsmith1989           - Chelsea     [b]300[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]1,000 + 300 = [b]1,300[/b]

roberto922             - Fiorentina     [b]0[/b]
joetheref              - Roma         [b]300[/b]
brettney1980           - Real Madrid [b] 300[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]1,000 + 600 = [b]1,600[/b]
[/left]

Now understand the concept much more, is a brilliant idea!!!

1.4K for the Oceania is not to bad, Arsenal's draw to Hull is inexcusable, but I curse WhoopyD for letting his Manchester United lose the cross-town rivals. I reckon Tevez scored the winner! Simply can't wait to get out of Shetland, Aberdeen, here... we... come!!!!

Saturday 15th August 2009: Shetland Islands (Destination 1 of 40)

Lower League's Rule: Just had a word with the chick at the checkout, best deal is 187.00 per person.

Whoopy D: Crikey, that's a whopping deal mate! How much is that for all three of us?

Lower League's Rule: 561.00, but the earliest they can get us is tomorrow at quarter to five. The flight's an hour long.

Whoopy D: Back to the hotel then mates?

PluckaDuck: Sweet as mate! Sweet as!

# # #

joetheref: Oi, where's brettney buggered off to?

roberto922: I dunno I thought he was gonna go and get us some tickets.

brettney: Alright guys! I've got the tickets. It turns out, there's only one flight tonight and there was only 1 seat left. So I had to get tickets for the next one, which was tomorrow at quarter to five. Set us back 561.00 for the three of us mind.

joetheref: What are we supposed to do until then?

roberto922: I don't know.

# # #

Robert_296: Paul's taking ages to get the tickets.

Ridleys: Yeah. Do you think we should get some food while we wait?

Robert_296: All you ever think about is food, fatty!

Ridleys: I'm not fat!

Robert_296: Yes you are!

PaulHartman71: Got the ticket's guys!

Robert_296: When are they for? How much did they cost?

PaulHartman71: Tomorrow at quarter to five I think. Cost us 560 odd.

Ridleys: What took you so long, out of interest?

PaulHartman71: Well I didn't know what where to go, all the signs here are confusing. So I went for a slash, whilst I was in there I heard the Oceanic guys talking about how they got really good tickets and stuff. So I went to the checkout and got the exact same tickets.

# # #

super_lampard: That checkout girl that served me was pretty damn hot.

tomsmith1989: Yeah, she was. Where did Jack go anyway?

super_lampard: I don't know to be honest, we got the tickets earlier, then he said he had to go somewhere.

tomsmith1989: How did you get the ticket's so fast, you were there for a matter of minutes!

super_lampard: Just asked the bird if she'd had any Aussies ordering tickets. She said yeah, and I asked for the same order. The Aussies know what they're doing.

jack.browne: Sorry guys, the checkout girl that served us earlier said there was something wrong with our order.

super_lampard: What was it?

jack.browne: Nothing. She just wanted to talk to me, you know, alone for a bit.

tomsmith1989: You didn't!?! Bloody hell, you little dark horse Jack!

# # #

Kenco: Mmmm Starbucks.

rancer890: Why do you drink so much coffee? You didn't need any last night, it wasn't as if you had to adapt to a new time zone, you live in Britain.

Kenco: I like coffee, it tastes good.

spartans5: Do we really have to spend more time in here? We have the tickets, can't we go back to the hotel or something.

Kenco: There isn't any coffee at the hotel.

rancer890: That's because you drank it all last night! I am not spending all my time in coffee shop's, I want to go to the hotel and sleep.

Kenco: Calm down rancer, if you're tired, drink some coffee.

# # #

[b]Gameweek 1[/b]

Lower League's Rule - Liverpool [b]300[/b]
PluckaDuck - Arsenal [b]100 [/b]
Whoopy D - Manchester United [b]0[/b]

[b]Total:[/b] 1,400 - 561 = [b]839[/b]

spartans5 - Juventus [b]300[/b]
rancer_890 - Manchester City [b]300[/b]
Kenco - Sevilla [b]0[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]1,600 - 561 = [b]1,039[/b]

PaulHartman71 - Inter Milan [b]100[/b]
Robert_296 - Barcelona [b]300[/b]
Ridleys - AC Milan [b] 0

Total: [/b]1,400 - 561 = [b]839[/b]

jack.browne - Valencia [b]0[/b]
super_lampard - Ath. Madrid [b]0[/b]
tomsmith1989 - Chelsea [b]300[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]1,300 - 561 = [b]739[/b]

roberto922 - Fiorentina [b]0[/b]
joetheref - Roma [b]300[/b]
brettney1980 - Real Madrid [b] 300[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]1,600 - 561 = [b]1,039[/b]
[/left]

Oh Paul this is brilliant, and I am sure the Oceanic Team can lead the way with Style, happy with Liverpool, and even better to see two other big names in England in the club.

Great updates so far, I completely get the idea now and I love it. Great win over Sunderland to lead the side, and great to see that we clearly know what we are doing with everyone following us.

Lets go Boys!

Sunday 16th August 2009: Aberdeen, Scotland (Destination 2 of 40)

Ridleys: I bloody hate flying, do we really have to leave for Belfast tonight?

PaulHartman71: Are you honestly saying you want to STAY in Scotland for any longer than you need to?

Ridleys: Well no, but-

Robert_296: It's not like Northern Ireland is any more exciting than Scotland to be fair.

PaulHartman71: Well it's too late now anyway, I've got the tickets and it's okay James, we're not leaving tonight. We leave tomorrow at 9am, fly to Birmingham, then get on another flight which takes us to Belfast, should arrive at around half one. Only just managed to afford it.

Ridleys: Why does flying have to be so difficult?

# # #

Kenco: Mmmm Costa Coffee

rancer890: So, spartans, you got the tickets?

spartans5: yes my Canadian friend, we do have tickets. It's a double flight though, stop off at BirmingHAM and then go to Belfast. We need to find a motel though, we don't travel until tomorrow.

rancer890: Birmingham? We're going all the way to BIRMINGHAM?

Kenco: Birmingham in England you silly yank!

rancer890: I'm Canadian you caffeine addicted fool!

spartans5: calm down guys, calm down, you both need to lay off the coffee.

# # #

joetheref: Alright guys! I have got the tickets. I have got the tickets!

brettney1980: well played reffy-boy, well played. Any idea where roberto is?

joetheref: I don't know mate, think he went to the bogs.

brettney1980: He's been acting funny since we got off the plane.

joetheref: I think he ended up next to that coffee addict that's in the group with the Yanks, don't think he stopped talking the whole flight.

brettney1980: poor Roberto.

# # #

Lower League's Rule: Crikey guys, have you seen the lines to go to the John?

PluckaDuck: Yeah I know mate, bloody whopping great line, whopping great line.

Whoopy D: I've got the tickets boys, we roll at 9am tomorrow!

Lower League's Rule: I'll drink to that!

PluckaDuck: I hear Aberdeen has great nightlife, lets go out and party, Aussie style!

Lower League's Rule: Sweet!

# # #

jack.browne: I don't like it here, and we've only been here 5 minutes. I went for a walk outside the airport, all the birds are well mank!

tomsmith1989: Don't worry Jack mate, Super Lamps will be back soon with the tickets. We should be out of here within a few days.

jack.browne: can you hear shouting?

tomsmith1989: yeah, it sounds like it's coming from the reception desk. Some guy sounds very peeved off.

jack.browne: It sounds like, oh no, please no.

super_lampard: FOURTEEN POUND! FOURTEEN BLOODY POUNDS!

tomsmith1989: what about fourteen pounds?

super_lampard: The only flight we can get to Aberdeen this gameweek is 753 pounds, and we only have 739! This is a disaster!

tomsmith1989: oh dear.

jack.browne: that sucks guys. Hang on, look over there!

super_lampard: what! have the prices suddenly dropped!?!?!

jack.browne: no, but that chick that just walked into WH Smith's is bloody gorgeous!

[center] [b]Gameweek 1[/b]

Lower League's Rule - Liverpool [b]300[/b]
PluckaDuck - Arsenal [b]100 [/b]
Whoopy D - Manchester United [b]0[/b]

[b]Total:[/b] 839 - 753 = [b]86[/b]

spartans5 - Juventus [b]300[/b]
rancer_890 - Manchester City [b]300[/b]
Kenco - Sevilla [b]0[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]1,039 - 753 =[b] 286[/b]

PaulHartman71 - Inter Milan [b]100[/b]
Robert_296 - Barcelona [b]300[/b]
Ridleys - AC Milan [b] 0

Total[/b]: 839 - 753 = [b]86[/b]

jack.browne - Valencia [b]0[/b]
super_lampard - Ath. Madrid [b]0[/b]
tomsmith1989 - Chelsea [b]300[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]739 - 0 = [b]739[/b]

roberto922 - Fiorentina [b]0[/b]
joetheref - Roma [b]300[/b]
brettney1980 - Real Madrid [b] 300[/b]

[b]Total:[/b] 1,039 - 753 = [b]286[/b]
[/left]

[/center]

Saturday 24th August 2009: Blackberry Message!

"Hello guys! If you are reading this then that means that my messages have all been sent correctly. I hope you are having fun in Northern Ireland (Destination 3), or Scotland (Destination 2) for the 3 lucky boys that stayed for an extra week. Attached should be the results from today's matches, which will ultimately decide your fates for this week. Have fun guys, much love!"

[b]Arsenal         [/b]0-1 Wolves
Burnley         1-4 [b]Manchester United
Manchester City [/b]2-0 Blackburn
Portsmouth      0-1 [b]Liverpool
[/b]Sunderland      1-3 [b]Chelsea[/b]
[b]AC Milan        [/b]4-0 Cagliari
[b]Juventus        [/b]4-2 Palermo
Napoli          2-0 [b]Inter Milan
[/b]Udinese         2-1 [b]Fiorentina
Roma            [/b]4-1 Sampdoria
[b]Barcelona       [/b]0-1 [b]Ath. Madrid
[/b]Sporting        1-1 [b]Sevilla
Real Madrid     [/b]3-0 Villarreal
[b]Valencia        [/b]4-2 Getafe

[center]     [b]Gameweek 2[/b]

Lower League's Rule    - Liverpool          [b]300[/b]
PluckaDuck             - Arsenal            [b]  0      [/b]                            
Whoopy D               - Manchester United [b] 300[/b]

[b]Total:[/b] 86 + 600 = [b]686[/b]

spartans5              - Juventus         [b]300[/b]
rancer_890             - Manchester City  [b]300[/b]
Kenco                  - Sevilla          [b]100[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]286 + 700 = [b]986[/b]

PaulHartman71          - Inter Milan      [b]0[/b]
Robert_296             - Barcelona        [b]0[/b]
Ridleys                - AC Milan  [b]     300

Total[/b]: 86 + 300 = [b]386[/b]

jack.browne            - Valencia      [b]300[/b]
super_lampard          - Ath. Madrid   [b]300[/b]
tomsmith1989           - Chelsea       [b]300[/b]

[b]Total: [/b]739 + 900 = [b]1,639[/b]

roberto922             - Fiorentina     [b]0[/b]
joetheref              - Roma         [b]300[/b]
brettney1980           - Real Madrid [b] 300[/b]

[b]Total:[/b] 286 + 600 = [b]886[/b]
[/left]

[/center]

# # #

Jeremy English: A quick recap for all those viewers watching at home across Europe! With two wins out of three, Team Oceania look like they will be comfortably leaving Northern Ireland and progressing on to Destination 4. A strong week for Team North American Coffee means that they, like their Oceanic competitors, will almost certainly be on there way to Destination 4 very shortly. However, a disastrous week rescued only by a win from Rid's AC Milan, might mean that Team CSE FMO will have another week in Belfast. Despite being the only team still in Destination 2, The Dark Horses secured the first hat-trick of victories, perhaps they'll catch up after all! Finally, a decent week for The Late Entries, bar the non existent roberto922, makes sure that they'll also be heading off to Destination 4 shortly.

Archived