Kenco's Ambitious World League Project FM10

Kenco

Since the game will be out next week, I've decided to start mapping out my ambitious plan for a World League. It will be similar to a few other threads, but everyone has different views on what they want (and what their PC can handle), and I'm no exception. I've been wanting to do something like this ever since I first came across the editor on an old version (not sure which, I think it was CM01/02), but didn't have the chance - until now.

My plan is to have a multi-tiered pyramid system, starting with a World League at the top, going down through continental, multi-national and finishing with national leagues.

Version 1 was rubbish, so ignore that. Version 2 is an 8-tier system, with leagues of between 20 and 24 teams, details below.

Versions 3 and 4 are 10-tier systems with 16 teams in each division, and also have national/regional cup competitions to start the season off (details below). Version 3 works on the 10.1 patch, version 4 works on the 10.3 patch.

Version 2

World Super League 1

World Super League 2

World Super League 3

World League 4 - 3 Divs - Europe, Americas, OceAfrAsia

World League 5 - 3 Divs - Europe, Americas, OceAfrAsia

World League 6 - 5 Divs - West Europe, Central Europe, East/South Europe, Americas, OceAfrAsia

World League 7 - 10 Divs - UK&Ireland, West Europe, Central Europe, Nordic, East Europe, South Europe, North America, South America, Africa, OceAsia

World League 8 - 14 Divs - England, Celtic, West Europe, Central Europe, Nordic, East Europe, South Europe, North America, South America, West Africa, North/Central Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Oceania

A total of 858 clubs from over 200 nations are included.

Thanks

Kenco

Filefront:

Kenco's_World_League_v2

RapidShare:

Kenco's_World_League_v2

Version 3

Filefront:

Kenco's_World_League_v3

Rapidshare:

Kenco's_World_League_v3

Version 4 - compatible with 10.3

Rapidshare_v4

Filefront_v4

retain_players_file

New structure:

World Super League 1

World Super League 2

World Super League 3

World Super League 4

World League 6 - 3 Divs - Europe, Americas, OceAfrAsia

World League 7 - 5 Divs - West Europe, Central Europe, East/South Europe, Americas, OceAfrAsia

World League 8 - 10 Divs - UK&Ireland, West Europe, Central Europe, Nordic, East Europe, South Europe, North America, South America, Africa, OceAsia

World League 9 - 15 Divs - England, Celtic, Spain, West Europe, Central Europe, Nordic, East Europe, South Europe, North America, South America, West Africa, North/Central Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Oceania

World League 10 - 15 Divs - England, Celtic, Spain, West Europe, Central Europe, Nordic, East Europe, South Europe, North America, South America, West Africa, North/Central Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Oceania

880 teams from over 200 nations included. All divisions reduced to 16 teams, running from November to May. New competitions added for approx 50 nations to compete with other teams of the same nation, as well as some regional comps for the smaller nations (Caribbean, Oceania, etc) to run from August to October.

Some recommendations before starting a new game:

1. Only teams in the top 3 divisions currently have reserve/under 18 teams. If you wish to take control of a team in a lower division and want them to have a reserve team, you should edit this in before starting.

2. I would recommend loading in the .ddt file above which will retain all players at all clubs in the World League.

"Make sure that you put it in Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\edt as well as Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt just to be safe, and that it is saved as a .ddt and not a .txt. Also, do it in notepad, not word or any other fancy formatting farce that could mess it up." quote by CLS.

3. Selecting leagues - From the nations list you should only select 'FIFA', then you can load anywhere from League 1 to the bottom, though I recommend loading down to the bottom League, otherwise you will get random Malaysian teams promoted into your lowest tier each season. if your PC can't handle it and you only want to play to a certain level, I would suggest editing before you start to remove relegation from your lowest playable league.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks promising so far! I guess the regional idea is the best way to address those who'd like the opportunity to play as one of the clubs who would otherwise 'miss out' if the amount of clubs from each nation represented were somehow capped.

As much as I see how you're trying to save loading times with less tiers, your format will have many more leagues as a result. In the long run, I don't think the speed will improve by too much. I'll still be interested to see how this pans out though.

There could be a lot of leagues, but I don't plan to run them all, it just means that cup competitions are represented well with lower league teams as well as getting the right teams promoted from the lower leagues.

I may also scrap the regional splits in Oceania, Africa and Asia along with some in Europe (East and South) and just give them a straight ladder system, meaning there are less leagues in the higher tiers to allow the game to process faster.

I don't like the idea of capping the amount of teams from each nation, which is why I prefer to go by reputation, but I will move a few teams higher up the ladder to ensure there is at least one team from each continent representing in the World tiers.

Okay, have decided to put in a couple of extra single division tiers for the continents outside of Europe, so that their splits won't happen until about tier 6. The reason for this is that I was already up to about 30 leagues at tier 4, and would rather have the ability to play further down in the European leagues.

This won't affect the amount of teams from the other continents, they will just have more levels to climb to reach the top.

At this stage my project allows for at least 2000 clubs, although not all will be playable on most PCs, they should all still be able to get promoted into the lower leagues and be included in cup competitions.

This looks amazing. Eagerly waiting for FM10 and Kenco's downloadable project.

Thanks, there's a long way to go yet, and I will welcome any suggestions for any teams people may want included, as although I said I'd go mainly by reputation, there will be room for some forum members favourite teams if they wish.

I am definitely going to put more of a ladder system into some regions, as having too many splits in the higher tiers means I would be running way too many leagues, but I still want to go down to creating domestic leagues for most, if not all nations at the bottom of the pyramid. Although there will be far too many to be playable, there will still be teams promoted into the bottom rung for a possible "small to big club challenge".

I'm also starting to think about cup competitions. Now I would like to do quite a few, perhaps some smaller ones for each region and one giant FA cup style knockout with several qualifying rounds involving virtually every team in the project. I will have to wait for the game before I can decide what to do with these.

I am definitely going to put more of a ladder system into some regions, as having too many splits in the higher tiers means I would be running way too many leagues, but I still want to go down to creating domestic leagues for most, if not all nations at the bottom of the pyramid. Although there will be far too many to be playable, there will still be teams promoted into the bottom rung for a possible "small to big club challenge".

I'm also starting to think about cup competitions. Now I would like to do quite a few, perhaps some smaller ones for each region and one giant FA cup style knockout with several qualifying rounds involving virtually every team in the project. I will have to wait for the game before I can decide what to do with these.

I have been thinking about cup competitions and have actually added an extra World League at Tier 3 to give a total amount of teams in my leagues 640. My plan is to then run it down as a knockout competition until only 5/10 teams are left and then make it a mini league.

Except for that regional cups I might actually make as 'B' team competitions. Like a Scandanvian cup or a UK and Irleand Cup. Just rought ideas.

But I'm busting for Steam to go live at the moment so that I can get my hands on the editor to see exactly what is possible.

My rough draft now has 8 tiers and about 1200 teams, this isn't counting the national 'feeder' leagues which potentially could be up to another 1500 to 2000 teams.

Cups

World Club Cup (entry: everyone)

World Super Cup (entry: top 3 tiers, with group stages)

Intercontinental Cup (entry: tiers 3-5)

European Cup (entry: tiers 3-8 in Europe branch)

UK & Ireland Cup (entry: tier 6 downwards)

and many more.....

It will be quite a while before I release it for download. At some point I hope to set it up for use in a sign-up or possibly a Kipfizh-style experiment, which means I won't release it to the general public until I've finished the experiment.

Will it be possible to put reserve / B teams into the lower leagues?

If I can, then I will probably do this for all the top tier teams, putting their B team in about tier 7.

I have also heard you can adjust the subtitute rules, which is something I would be very keen on. I'd like to be able to name 11 and use maybe 5, this will allow youth players to get a lot more first team experience.

Just done my first stage of editing and it worked pretty much okay, except an issue with the job security page which I am not worrying about too much. The most important thing was to get some teams into a new league and run it through a couple of seasons, and it seems okay so far. I have put in the top 2 tiers, World League 1 and 2, each with 20 teams, listed below:

World League 1

barcelona

r. Madrid

man utd

chelsea

inter

liverpool

juventus

fc bayern

a.c. Milan

sevilla

arsenal

at. Madrid

valencia

sao paulo

river

boca

chivas

seongnam

al-ahly

melbourne victory fc

World League 2

olympique lyonnais

porto

villareal

benfica

fiorentina

roma

sporting cp

OM

man city

shakhtar

dinamo kiev

galatasaray

fenerbahce

corinthians

palmeiras

america (mex)

cruz azul

al-ittihad (ksa)

etoile du sahel

gold coast united

The first test run has gone okay, so next I will be adding in a few more tiers and running another test. I have yet to decide on a few aspects of the league, such as promotions/relegations, prize money, transfer windows, TV money, etc. but I think I will get all the leagues set up first, then come back to these issues. If anyone has any suggestions, please post them here.

Shouldn't lyon be in league 1? They are the top team in France after all.

And I know it is a world league but wouldn't it be a bit unbalanced with teams like Barcelona and Seongnam in the same league?

I said earlier I would include at least one team from each continent in the top flight. I know this makes it a bit unbalanced, but within a couple of years the likes of Seongnam will just relegate to their level, but having a year in the top flight gives them a substantial financial boost to help them compete in the future.

As for Lyon, they came up as the 14th highest rep European club, and I only had 13 places. But I am going to swap them with one of the Spanish teams, as it's a little unfair that they have 5 teams in the top flight.

Kenco - I am messing with the editor doing a superleague set up like what you have started. The problem i have so far is the 'job centre' screen. Managers and clubs do not show up on the 'job security' tab.

I think to get around this we have to give each team the same nation as the superleague. But this brings up another problem...

Would changing the nation of the club effect nationality of the players they buy? eg: Changing Man Utd to nationality of the superleague, in my case comoros, would this mean Man U are more likely to buy African players? (Comoros nation is in Africa)

I was hoping to use the option so that teams have to field 5 home grown players of that nation. Looks like this won't be an available option because of the nationality problem.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I hope so.

Kenco - I am messing with the editor doing a superleague set up like what you have started. The problem i have so far is the 'job centre' screen. Managers and clubs do not show up on the 'job security' tab.

I think to get around this we have to give each team the same nation as the superleague. But this brings up another problem...

Would changing the nation of the club effect nationality of the players they buy? eg: Changing Man Utd to nationality of the superleague, in my case comoros, would this mean Man U are more likely to buy African players? (Comoros nation is in Africa)

I was hoping to use the option so that teams have to field 5 home grown players of that nation. Looks like this won't be an available option because of the nationality problem.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I hope so.

That's the problem I'm having, but I'm going to leave clubs as their original nationality and not worry about the job security. Available jobs still show in the job centre though, so you can still keep an eye on other jobs, but usually once I get into a game I stay with the same club throughout my career, so looking for other jobs is low on my priority list.

Tier 4 and an extra cup are now in (Tier 3 and 4 clubs listed below)

World League 3

zenit

werder bremen

girondins bordeaux

cksa moscow

internacional

cruzeiro

palermo

lazio

schalke

gremio

sampdoria

hsv

deportivo

spartak moscow

udinese

paris saint-germain

pumas

okayama fc

es tunis

sydney fc

League 4 - Europe

anderlecht

besiktas

psv

ajax

olympiakos

leverkusen

standard

rubin

genoa

stuttgart

tottenham

everton

napoli

az

as monaco fc

athletic

rangers

celtic

cagliari

feyenoord

panathinaikos

wolfsburg

League 4 - Americas

flamengo

fluminense

san lorenzo

independiente

santos

pachuca

toluca

botafogo

atletico mineiro

vasco

estudiantes (lp)

atlas

tigres

monterrey

morelia

sport recife

veracruz

santos laguna

nacional

los angeles

new york

d.c. United

League 4 - OceAfrAsia

suwon

al-hilal (ksa)

higashiosaka rosa

saitama utd

osaka ac

nagoya stolz

al-ain

al-ahli (ksa)

es setif

pohang

ulsan

zamalek

orlando pirates

sundowns

kaizer chiefs

ismaily

al-hilal (sud)

club africain

adelaide united fc

asec

central coast mariners

brisbane roar fc

I still have no reserve/youth leagues. I have tried to activate these but they don't show up in game, anyone know what could be wrong?

Look under 'general' in the Nation Rules. There should be two tick boxes with regards to reserves and youth teams. In the options you can choose whether you want the teams to play regional or within the same league, match day, kikc off time etc.

I've done that, tried selecting them as "main division" and "regional division" but still nothing.

Any luck with the reserve teams? I can't seem to get them working either.

Not yet, am wondering if it's because some teams don't have reserves/youth teams. Will look at this later on, busy working on regional divisions right now.

How are you doing Kenco?

I'm desperate to have a euroleague like this

Euro League? I don't mess around with small fry, this is a World League!!

Seriously, do you realise how much work is involved in creating this? Will be a few weeks minimum before I am happy with it.

6 Leagues (consisting of 14 divisions and 302 teams) and 5 cups set up so far and all running smoothly, except for the regional division problem. I ran a test for 7 seasons and ended up with a few teams moving to the wrong regional leagues, but most teams are going to the right place so I'm not going to worry too much right now.

Tier 5 Divisions:

League 5 - Americas

atlante

necaxa

colo colo

velez

coritiba

jagueres

atletico paranense

libertad

san luis

puebla

cerro porteno

racing club

olimpia

estudiantes tecos

universidad de chile

universidad catolica

ldu de quito

houston

chicago

columbus

sporting cristal

chivas usa

League 5 - Europe

as saint-etienne

espanyol

aston villa

zaragoza

osasuna

lokomotiv moscow

atalanta

dortmund

club brugge

fc rb salzburg

racing

dinamo moscow

cfr cluj

partizan

rapid wien

metalist

hertha bsc

braga

m. Haifa

sc heerenveen

aek

steaua

League 5 - OceAfrAsia

al-shabab (ksa)

giurare yokohama

al-wahda (uae)

bunyodkor toshkent

seoul

persepolis

ballena shizuoka

js kabylie

raja casablanca

perth glory fc

shandong

heartland

al-jazeera (uae)

shenhua

enyimba

cs sfax

petro atletico

wellington phoenix

kotoko

newcastle jets

busan

far rabat

Tier 6:

League 6 - Americas

defensor sporting

leon

atletico nacional

vitoria

lanus

dorados

goias

new england

seattle

toronto fc

udeG

alianza lima

penarol

deportivo cali

central

newell's

huracan

universitario

salt lake

figueirense

kansas city

avai

League 6 - Europe Central/Nordic

fc twente

fc kobenhavn

austria wien

basel

frankfurt

sturm graz

zurich

hannover

rosenborg

fc groningen

koln

young boys

gladbach

genk

aa gent

brondby

grasshoppers

nurnberg

germinal beerschot

wisla

hoffenheim

legia

League 6 - Europe East/South

dinamo buc.

fc timisoara

unirea urziceni

red star

parma

levski

cska (sofia)

catania

trabzonspor

moscow

siena

h. Tel aviv

sparta prague

dinamo

rapid buc.

bologna

b. Jerusalem

litex

krylja sovetov

m. Tel-aviv

u craiova

debrecen

League 6 - Europe West

mallorca

getafe

malaga

valladolid

betis

toulouse fc

stade rennais fc

losc lille metropole

west ham

rc lens

fc nantes

le mans uc 72

portsmouth

blackburn

sunderland

fc sochaux-montbe

maritimo

belenenses

hearts

hibernian

bohemians

st. pat's athletic

League 6 - OceAfrAsia

esteghlal

fc hiroshima

wydad casablanca

kano pillars

hachioji tigre

niigata unicorn

al-nassr (ksa)

sepahan

al-ittihad (lby)

africa sports

al-nassr (uae)

beijing

north qld fury fc

mc alger

paxtakor

jeonbuk

al-merreikh

haras el-hodoud

hamamatsu rafale

primeiro de agosto

al-ahli (uae)

al-ittifaq (ksa)

Euro League? I don't mess around with small fry, this is a World League!!

Seriously, do you realise how much work is involved in creating this? Will be a few weeks minimum before I am happy with it.

Yeah I know, appreciate all the work. I was just making sure you hadn't given up, as it's something I am keen to do.

cheers

Just a quick point don't know if you have noticed but your Tier 6 Western Europe is just clubs from England France and Spain.

So it has! I've just sorted by reputation at this point.

Tier 7 in will have more clubs from Portugal, Scotland and Ireland, but I may switch a few around to give more of a mix in the first season.

Just a quick point don't know if you have noticed but your Tier 6 Western Europe is just clubs from England France and Spain.

Okay, have now edited this to include the following teams:

Maritimo and Belenenses from Portugal

Hearts and Hibs from Scotland

Bohemians and St Pat's from Ireland

Tier 7 will have 8 divisions, for which I'll list the clubs later as I haven't distributed them yet.

I'm currently trawling through the editor to get at least one club from every nation in the game, and these clubs will appear in tier 7 or 8. This will mean that over 200 nations are represented at least once in my World League.

There will also be a whole load of clubs from small nations in my proposed-but-not-likely-playable-tier 9, so that virtually any club can be promoted into the playable tiers.

I look forward to see the final result! One question though.. When you are making tier 4 and 5 is it possible to connect tier 4 europe with tier 5 europe? Otherwise you will have a problem between tier 5 and 6 becasue you have 3 divisions in tier 5 and 5 divisions in tier 6. You have 3 from europe and 2 from the rest of the world. If we have 3 teams promoting from every tier 6 and 5 relegated from div 5 you will have 9 teams from europe who will climb a division and only 5 who gets relegated. That will mess it upp pretty badly in the long run? Or could you connect the three eurpean tier 6 divisions with the one in tier 5? sorry for my bad english.. For example that one team promote from every one of tier 6 and three relegates from europe tier 5.

I look forward to see the final result! One question though.. When you are making tier 4 and 5 is it possible to connect tier 4 europe with tier 5 europe? Otherwise you will have a problem between tier 5 and 6 becasue you have 3 divisions in tier 5 and 5 divisions in tier 6. You have 3 from europe and 2 from the rest of the world. If we have 3 teams promoting from every tier 6 and 5 relegated from div 5 you will have 9 teams from europe who will climb a division and only 5 who gets relegated. That will mess it upp pretty badly in the long run? Or could you connect the three eurpean tier 6 divisions with the one in tier 5? sorry for my bad english.. For example that one team promote from every one of tier 6 and three relegates from europe tier 5.

I was hoping we could this, but unfortunately it will be a problem as you cannot connect them with one specific division in this sort of multi-sub-division structure.

One thing that will help this problem is the promotion/relegations play-off system. If I set 10 teams to be automatically relegated from tier 5 (2 per division), then set 7 to go up automatically from tier 6 (1 per division) this leaves 3 spots up for grabs in the play-offs, which can be a play-off for all sub-divisions. If I allow 3 teams from each sub-division to compete in the play-offs then there is a good chance that most of these spots will be taken by the European clubs, meaning they should get 6 or 7 of the 10 promotion places.

I'm going to put the clubs into tier 7 tonight then do a test run for about 7 or 8 seasons and see how distorted the leagues look. If it's really messy I may change the structure to produce an extra split or 2 in the Americas and OceAfrAsia leagues, and perhaps reduce these to leagues of 12 teams rather than the 22 I am using in Europe.

I have started off with Tiers 1-3 having 20 teams each and Tier 4 downwards having 22, but I think I will reduce them all by 2 teams meaning there is a little more space in the season to expand the cups, or add a Champion of Champions style cup, with the winners of each division competing against each other.

You should see the spreadsheets I've got on all this to keep it organised, COUNTIFs and VLOOKUPs everywhere!

May i ask why are you using Excel with Countif's and VLookup's etc. Also, would you be offended if i attempted to do my own version of this but credited you entirely with the idea? I'm going to create leagues around the world first and then do it.

May i ask why are you using Excel with Countif's and VLookup's etc. Also, would you be offended if i attempted to do my own version of this but credited you entirely with the idea? I'm going to create leagues around the world first and then do it.

Using Excel to map out my teams, their country, continent, region and which league they are allocated to. Setting it up in a spreadsheet means I just had to type in the club and nation and Excel does the rest for me.

There are lots of World Leagues knocking about, so no one person can claim it was their idea, but if you wish to credit me then feel free!

I have been working all day on Tier 8 and setting regional boundaries, which appears to work better than setting regional divisions, with only a few teams ending up in the wrong leagues.

Here is a quick recap of what leagues I have so far:

World Super League 1

World Super League 2

World Super League 3

World League 4 - 3 Divs - Europe, Americas, OceAfrAsia

World League 6 - 5 Divs - West Europe, Central Europe, East/South Europe, Americas, OceAfrAsia

World League 7 - 10 Divs - UK&Ireland, West Europe, Central Europe, Nordic, East Europe, South Europe, North America, South America, Africa, OceAsia

World League 8 - 14 Divs - England, Celtic, West Europe, Central Europe, Nordic, East Europe, South Europe, North America, South America, West Africa, North/Central Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Oceania

A total of 830 clubs from 218 nations are included.

I'm stopping at Tier 8 for now as the holiday runs are going a lot slower (about an hour per season), but will probably add Tier 9 at a later stage, probably as an unplayable lower division supplying extra teams for promotions and cups.

Using Excel to map out my teams, their country, continent, region and which league they are allocated to. Setting it up in a spreadsheet means I just had to type in the club and nation and Excel does the rest for me.

First thing, kudos for your work! If I may ask, how did you extract data from the database to an excel file? Or did you manually copy the data club by club ?? (if so , much respect, and I think I will never create a decent superleague of my own ...)

Thanks for any info and for this excellent project!

First thing, kudos for your work! If I may ask, how did you extract data from the database to an excel file? Or did you manually copy the data club by club ?? (if so , much respect, and I think I will never create a decent superleague of my own ...)

Thanks for any info and for this excellent project!

No extracting possible, had to do it manually. All I did was split my screen so I could see both the editor and excel at the same time, sort the clubs by reputation and type the top 900 or so into the spreadsheet. Then go through any countries which didn't have a club representative and take a couple from each.

A tad boring, but I'm a pretty quick typist so it didn't take long.

Kenco - Are you editing the clubs nation to that of the superleagues nation? I noticed by not doing this the fixtures for clubs are all screwy. For example I placed the LA Galaxy in my world league. Nation was left as USA, superleague is based in Comorros. Looking at LA's fixtures is shows them differently than others because the USA league is bsed yearly, ie 2009, 2010 etc.

Kenco - Are you editing the clubs nation to that of the superleagues nation? I noticed by not doing this the fixtures for clubs are all screwy. For example I placed the LA Galaxy in my world league. Nation was left as USA, superleague is based in Comorros. Looking at LA's fixtures is shows them differently than others because the USA league is bsed yearly, ie 2009, 2010 etc.

Yeah, I get this with a lot of the Asian and South American clubs as well. Basically their usual season would run from about Feb to Nov, and because I haven't changed the nation it splits the fixtures into 2 seasons when you look under the club fixtures.

But it doesn't affect the scheduling of the fixtures, they still run okay. It's just a cosmetic issue as far as I'm concerned.

Changed Tier 8 slightly to include 2 extra teams per division, bringing my total clubs up to 858. Because I have left all clubs as their original nation I cannot run reserve leagues, but to get around this I have added all the top flight's reserve teams into Tier 8, so they will still get plenty of matches.

The next thing I have done (which I am very excited about), is an FA Cup style knockout including all 858 teams. 692 teams enter the first round, then the remaining 166 enter the second round and it's straight knockout all the way. The first test run threw up some very interesting fixtures (AC Milan v Phnom Penh Crown to name but one), but the main thing is it worked exactly the way I hoped it would.

Anyone who is disappointed with the editor this year needs to spend more time with it, trust me, it is great.

Archived