Official Bury Thread - The Shakers

bury-crest.jpg

Bury Football Club is an association football team based in Bury, Greater Manchester. The team play in League Two. The club's nickname is the shakers which was bestowed upon them by club chairman JT Ingham, an industrialist and ironmonger of the late 1890's born in Rochdale.

The board believe you can achieve a top-half, but with some improvements you can push for playoffs.

You start off with 15k Transfer Budget, and a 15k Wage Budget. There is already 14k being used, but you can sell some to give you more funds.

Squad :

GK - You have a pretty solid Goalie in Wayne Brown, but he's getting on a bit, and Cameron Belford isn't a good enough replacement. Carl Ikeme (Patch 9.0.1) or Conrad Logan (Patch 9.0.3) are good signings. Just bid £0 and they'll accept. I have had better experiences with Ikeme.

DF - You will need to replace the DL as Buchanan is the best DL in your squad, and he is much better in Midfield. You also need a new DC. Otherwise it's OK.

MF - You will need to replace the MC as Barry-Murphy isn't very good. If possible get a ML as well. In 9.0.1 I signed a French DM from Portsmouth and he ran the show for me. Can't get him in 9.0.3 though as he isn't with Portsmouth and I couldn't find him anywhere.

ST - By far your strongest position. Bishop and Morrell will get you alot of goals. They work well together aswell. You will just need some backup strikers as your current ones wont be able to replace the void left by Bish and Morrell.

Sell -

Ben Futcher

Efe Sodje - NOBODY signs him. Probably have to wait for contract to expire.

Danny Racchi

Glynn Hurst - Isn't terribly bad but you should get someone younger and cheaper.

Domaine Rouse

(This'll help your wage bill)

Staff :

AssMan - Chris Brass

Coach - Efe Sodje

GK Coach - Neil Cutler

Youth Coach - Mike Sheron

Physio - Alan Bent

Scout - Craig Buck

I wouldn't worry too much about the staff. Probably sign another cheap scout if possible, but not a priority yet.

Affiliated Clubs - You start out being linked with Man City, Man Utd, Everton & Preston. Good Times. You only have a loan agreement with City, but their academy is one of the best in the country, so good loans aren't too far away.

Recommended Signings :

Curtis Obeng - Reasonably good defender to fill in the DC slot. Get him from Man City on loan.

Peter Hartley - A good defender to fill in the vacant DL slot. Get him on a season loan.

Gunnar Nielson - Reasonably good GK from Blackburn. Get him on a loan, then sign him on a free in season 2. He always gets released.

Adnan Ahmed - Good player to fill in the MC slot. He became a fan favourite within 4 months, even though he got a 7 month injury.

Matty Collins - OK MC from Swansea. Not first choice though.

Seyfo Soley - Great Midfielder. Does well for me even in Championship. Shame about the ridiculously high wages. About £1400 p/w :mad:

Stefan Jolovic (Sp?) - Definitely not a needed signing, but he's cheap and considered a hot-prospect. Someone to buy if your in a good financial position and want to reinforce your squad.

I have loved playing as Bury since FM06 when they were a managerless club. I would always take over them. I have played as them in each FM since and have thouroughly enjoyed my time with them. Good luck playing as The Shakers! :D

(MISC - If anyone has anything you want added or something changed, just tell me and I'll happily do so)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

FM10

Players to bring in:

Jason Beardsley, Age: 20 – Right-back – FREE (value £240k)

Flavien Belson, Age: 22 – Defensive-Midfielder – FREE (value 22k)

Mark Dudley, Age: 19 – Left-Back – Costs £10k - good back-up

Ben Starosta, Age: 22 – Right-back – FREE (value £8k) - good back-up

Best players in the team:

GK:

Name: Wayne Brown

Best Position: GK

Value: £18k

Other: Consistent performer. Number 1 choice.

Name: Cameron Belford

Best Position: GK

Value: £1k

Other: Consistent performer. Good back-up.

Defenders:

Name: Paul Scott

Best Position: Centre-Back (can also play right-back)

Value: 55k

Other: Fairly consistent performer, on the slow side and prone to through balls. Good at both in the air and in the tackle. Tested at centre-back only.

Name: Efe Sodje

Best Position: Centre-Back

Value: 2k

Other: Slow and poor with through balls. Pretty good at both in the air and in the tackle. Fairly consistent but because of his slow pace and acceleration he plays poor against fast defenders. Good-back-up.

Midfielders:

Name: Damien Allen

Best Position: Centre-Midfield

Value: £1.5k

Other: Good back-up. Off-load once promoted to Div 1.

Name: Brian Barry-Murphy

Best Position: Defensive-Midfielder

Value: £8k

Other: Decent back-up, performance can fluctuate. Off-load once promoted to Div 1.

Attackers:

Name: Danny Racchi

Best Position: Right-Winger

Value: £9k

Other: Consistent performer and causes mayhem.

Name: Michael Jones

Best Position: Winger (left or right)

Value £28k

Other: Consistent performer (tested on the left side only)

Defenders:

On the slow side and therefore prone to being terrorized with through balls. Paul Scott is solid at the back and consistent. He can also play at right-back as a natural position. Unfortunately all the other defenders are below par. Efe Sodje is good for back-up and is fairly consistent. Possibly the weakest area in the team. They concede lots of goals and are terrible with through balls. You certainly need to start here with strengthening the team.

Midfielers:

No good midfielders in the team but they are all fairly consistent performers. The least weakest despite not having any highly-profiled players in this department. Because they all perform well you get a good balance, but do not expect any outstanding performances. They are all just average.

Strikers:

It’s very evident that the strikers are poor for Bury. Off-load them all and bring in better one’s. Although ‘Andy Bishop’ performs fairly well he does not score many goals – not enough to get you promoted. ‘Ryan Lowe’ is another that performs fairly well but hardly scores. All the Bury strikers are very poor at one-one’s.

Racchi and Jones will do you well on the wings, but don’t expect any fireworks – you should be looking at bringing in better wingers and using Racchi and Jones as back-up.

For me the 2nd weakness in the team is the attack.

Archived