Customised friendly tournaments

I was wondering, if in fm2010 you could be able to create pre-season tournaments with your own rules, e.g a point for every goal you score, just to make the game a bit more realistic and fun. Also, if you could host it anually and view the cup history.

I like this idea too. :thup:

Also, I find it strange that some teams don't like being invited to these cups. I mean, IRL the likes of Inter, Real Madrid and Juventus will happily play in the Emirates Cup (Arsenal's tournament), yet they refuse to in the game.

even if they can't bring in rule changes I think that pre-season tournaments should become bigger things. more clubs should host them and they should become annual events. more clubs should accept offers and I think if you organise a competition and invite a club and they participate then the relationship between the clubs should increase slightly. basically I agree SI need to put a bit of work in on friendly tournaments for FM10

• 1 month later...

I often play a preseason tournament that I set up, inviting local teams, rivals, or even teams with a growing rivalry... Could be "The Darlington Cup" or the "Offenbach Classic" or something like that. It adds a little customization to my career games. It would be great to allow this to be an option in future versions of FM. (See FML user-created competitions as a great model.)

Archived