Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it would be good if we had another community club thing, like Real London CSE. I thought the club used in Roy of the Rovers would be good. Melchester.

I wouldn't be able to upload the database and do the technical things but I'd be more than happy to help decide on which league they should go in and other decisions.

Anyone interested?

I thought it would be good if we had another community club thing, like Real London CSE. I thought the club used in Roy of the Rovers would be good. Melchester.

I wouldn't be able to upload the database and do the technical things but I'd be more than happy to help decide on which league they should go in and other decisions.

Anyone interested?

Yeah sounds great.

Would you be able to make the database?

Should I make an ideas thread about it? Or even an official thread about it?

I was thinking of putting Melchester into the Blue Square North or South league, with a 2000 rep and a budget that would allow you to buy a full team.

I was thinking of putting Melchester into the Blue Square North or South league, with a 2000 rep and a budget that would allow you to buy a full team.

The idea of Real London CSE was that the team was provided in the form of the users of CSE. When you suggest a 'community club thing', are you sure you mean that at all?

I have an idea of a sign up using elements of NFL, and the draft system. Using the new editor I would create a new international cup consisting of at least 16 team international teams. (4 groups of 4). The top team of each group would go through to the knockout rounds etc... and compete to win the 'superbowl'.

Now at the end of the season and reset date of the league (which will be the latest of the top leagues to allow regens to come through). There will be the draft, where rookies (regens) will enter the draft for you to choose. There would be two rounds of drafts so each team will get three draft picks. Using FMRTE I will find which regens to choose to go into the draft. Some will be immense and some will be poor, some will have good CA some will have low CA etc... And using FMRTE I will change their nation to the nation that drafted them. The draft will be ordered in the same way as NFL, the worst team being given first draft pick and the winner of the superbowl being given last pick. The only issue I see here is that the rookies may lack the initial CA to have any impact on your international teams initially. I would like suggestions as to how to combat this, I could either use lowly ranked nations throughout the tournament meaning that the players would probably fit in quite easily or give them a CA boost to around the level of your squad, however this would really defeat the object of having picked a poor player. At the end of the season we will vote for best rookie of the season, MVP and coach of the year.

Also during the group stage of the tournament you would be allowed to trade players for draft picks other players or pretty much anything you wanted.

Any ideas or interest welcome.

I have an idea of a sign up using elements of NFL, and the draft system. Using the new editor I would create a new international cup consisting of at least 16 team international teams. (4 groups of 4). The top team of each group would go through to the knockout rounds etc... and compete to win the 'superbowl'.

I love the idea, I was looking at doing something similar for the NHL, I love the idea of trying to use the structure from other sports in a football way and see what comes out of it. I was actually thinking of ways to make it work. Love the idea. :)

mocko - you could actually put the teams into the MLS and use their rules, then you could operate the draft as normal - showing users the draft matches and how the players got on. Users could then ask for reports on a few players and go from there. Its not perfect but its an idea. I do like your idea though, hope you find a way to work it!

Ok i'll be working on it right away. Ive never been into the USA leagues, and doing it that way I wouldn't really want it to turn into a giant online MLS game i'd like to use the editor with its new capabilities to add a spin to it. But as long as the idea gets interest I would be definately run it. What I am going to do is have a look at the MLS rules and run a quick holiday game i the MLS and see how it works. Ill hope to have conclusive ideas by Sunday. Watching the NFL games tonight so won't have time but if I can forget about work for abit.

The idea of Real London CSE was that the team was provided in the form of the users of CSE. When you suggest a 'community club thing', are you sure you mean that at all?

Well, I was thinking of a community thing with the signup challenge I had proposed here (the All Stars one), but there's been less interest than I expected. :(

I had originally thought of creating more teams, but that would depend on the number of player nomination entries I would get, which isn't alot atm. Not sure tbh why no one has been nominating anyone, with the amount of people finishing up the challenges. Only hamilton162 has nominated his players for dafuge's challenge, and no one else...

Well, I was thinking of a community thing with the signup challenge I had proposed here (the All Stars one), but there's been less interest than I expected. :(

I had originally thought of creating more teams, but that would depend on the number of player nomination entries I would get, which isn't alot atm. Not sure tbh why no one has been nominating anyone, with the amount of people finishing up the challenges. Only hamilton162 has nominated his players for dafuge's challenge, and no one else...

I've deleted my FM09 game and have yet to really get attached to many of the players in my FM10 game. Give me another ten or so seasons and I'm sure I'll have a few players to enter.

In another bid to up the activity/community of CSE, I'm thinking of running a weekly challenges thing.

We all know that it has been done before etc, but I don't think it has been done for FM10 yet.

Was it minisav who used to run it?

Shall I give it a go?

Challenges consist of a points table for how well you do, and would be stuff like keep this club up, stay in the job, win the playoffs, stay up without spending any money.

I think the easiest way to do the drafting would be manually. By creating the competition in another league which is currently unused. Now it is just whether to use club or international teams. I was thinking it would be a good idea to allow you to create your club. What do you think after going through the MLS a season it seems a much less complicated way of doing it, and allows many more good players to draft.

Thoughts?

A weekly challenge thing is a good idea, as long as you don't have every challenge being season long.

Yeah, I though the same weeman.

Some will be as short as a month or two, but others will be half seasons, with maybe one special two week one being a season, which is reasonable IMO.

Expect the first to be up on Wednesday (maybe before, maybe afterwards) (basically soon)

And, I expect some of the regulars to have a go as well to see if we can get the community going in it ;)

It's always the way - one of life's mysteries. Perhaps people are just really lazy! Have you tried PMing people encouraging them to nominate x player?

Well, I think that's the resort I'm left with. I know a lot of people aren't willing to find the hidden attributes of various players since challenge rules dictate that you're not allowed, but I request this because I want to recreate players as accurately as I can.

I'll first be PM'ing the SC2BC creator(s), and then will probably be PM'ing individuals who I know to be worthy of making the squad (like Smylie for example, and users who have Neppo's youth hall of famers, which I have said they will make the teams). Although, I'm realistically aiming to release this at the same time as when Paul releases his experiment (or challenge?) with the greatest SC2BC teams competing against each other, which is when FM11 comes out.

In a perfect world though, I would like to make more teams (and thus have more players) and put all the teams in one league. I'm thinking of expanding to include San Marino and Andorra but those threads haven't been very active this year.

Nonetheless, I'm not in a great rush right now considering I'm busy with uni and teaching nowadays. It's more of something to think about after getting back into rhythm at uni with alot of coursework already...

At the end of signup stage, I will be involving dafuge, Gundo, Razer, and iacovone/rlipscombe/LowerLeaguesRule for deciding on the final 25 team roster (while I will of course decide on my own challenge). It's quite ambitious, but I'm up for it. :D

I will submit some more players at some point soon Rancer, I think its a great idea and I will also get the details on my players as well for you. The other option if they don't want to give you the hidden stats themselves is that they could send you a save game for their players, then you can go through and get all the details, right?

I will submit some more players at some point soon Rancer, I think its a great idea and I will also get the details on my players as well for you. The other option if they don't want to give you the hidden stats themselves is that they could send you a save game for their players, then you can go through and get all the details, right?

Yes, you can send your save game to someone else and then send me the hidden data. :)

And I don't mind getting the save game, but it has to be either FM09 or FM10, as I don't have FM08 installed on my laptop. (lost the FM08 disk somewhere actually...)

My strong preference is to get enough players to maybe create more teams in different regions or specific countries so I can create an entirely new league. It all depends on the number of players the CSE community nominates.

I had a thought for another challenge - I know that back in FM08 someone tried something similar to this, but I'm not sure if it's been tried since then. With the World Cup imminent, I thought it might be time to try another international management challenge. I was thinking about something like this:

The goal is to win a continental championship (African Cup of Nations, Asian Cup, Gold Cup, Copa America, OFC Nations Cup or European Championship), the Confederations Cup, and the World Cup in your career. You must initially take over a low ranked nation (I was thinking below 100th in the world rankings), but you are allowed to apply for jobs with other nations whenever vacancies occur - if they hire you, you can move. Obviously, we'll all be more impressed if you win the World Cup with Armenia than if you win it with Argentina, but if you can get Argentina to hire you, it's fair game.

I think the previous international challenge I'm remembering faltered a little bit because it was so difficult to make progress with your tiny nation, and you weren't able to move on to a bigger nation. With my challenge, your aim is more to perform well enough to attract the attention of a bigger nation - maybe performing well enough with your Liberia side at the African Cup of Nations will attract the attention of the Ivory Coast or Ghana, which could get you into the World Cup where a good performance would give you the chance to manage Germany, etc.

Any interest in this? Or is it just me? :D

Crystal Maze \o/

Yeah, sounds more like there would be a captain. He would nominate somebody for say a skill game which would involve passing by x amount of defenders? Physical being amount of tackles. Could be match by match or even seasonal I suppose.

I can't remember ever watching Crystal Maze, from what I read on wikipedia it said it's similar to Fort Boyard and I used to enjoy that. I'd be interested to see how you went about mixing FM with that concept of game show though :thup:

Fort Boyard? That show had nothing Crystal Maze, Richard O'Brien was a legend! Count me in.

Crystal Maze \o/

Yeah, sounds more like there would be a captain. He would nominate somebody for say a skill game which would involve passing by x amount of defenders? Physical being amount of tackles. Could be match by match or even seasonal I suppose.

Spot on really, I was thinking match by match. My only concern is that because only one team can be playing at a time the people not playing may lose interest.

Most of the African leagues are ready to download in the Editors forum. And there's also a db ready so you can play with real players. I often raid Africa for talent as an Asian club, and I would be interested in playing if anyone creates an African challenge.

Looks like all the leagues are available to download here (site is in Spanish, but Google Translate tells you everything you need to know). I've downloaded them and played a few test games in different leagues and everything seems to work fine. I don't have fantastically in-depth knowledge of African football, but everything seems in line with Wikipedia, at least!

And as rancer said - this database is available if people want to add a bunch more players to their game.

Don't want to step on any toes, but I'll happily get this going if people are interested? :thup:

Looks like all the leagues are available to download here (site is in Spanish, but Google Translate tells you everything you need to know). I've downloaded them and played a few test games in different leagues and everything seems to work fine. I don't have fantastically in-depth knowledge of African football, but everything seems in line with Wikipedia, at least!

And as rancer said - this database is available if people want to add a bunch more players to their game.

Don't want to step on any toes, but I'll happily get this going if people are interested? :thup:

I say get it going ... I'd defo have a go and i'm sure some others have expressed an interest awhile ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year on FM09, I put up a challenge called the 'Gang of Four' challenge. Basically the idea was to take charge of a team in each of the four English leagues, play for five seasons and end with the four teams making as much progress as possible by the end. Points would be awarded for winning different trophies etc ...

Would anybody be interesting in it if I put it out there?

Last year on FM09, I put up a challenge called the 'Gang of Four' challenge. Basically the idea was to take charge of a team in each of the four English leagues, play for five seasons and end with the four teams making as much progress as possible by the end. Points would be awarded for winning different trophies etc ...

I remember that, I liked the idea but never had time to do it because of my long term games.

It is the same again this year, I won't be able to play it but I'd be interested in reading about how people are getting on with it.

I remember giving this a shot last year but never finishing it. I don't know if I will get a chance this year but it would defiantly be interesting to read how people are going.

Yeah, the idea was to pick any four from the divisions and use loans/finances/signings/interaction etc to ensure all did well.

I might decide to limit the teams in some way. It would probably be incredibly easy to use Man City/Big Four, Newcastle, Leeds and Notts County for example. Maybe if I chose a list of a few teams from each division and you could only choose two of these overall?