Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games ideas thread.

1. Are you going to be running a new sign up / challenge for FM2009?

Of course.

2. What type of sign up / challenge will you be running?

FM09 A New World Challenge/Experiment/Signup and rancer890's FM09 Asian Challenge.:D

3. Are you going to be posting your thread as soon as the game is released or wait until a patch has been released?

I'm getting FM09 at Christmas time (which means FM09 A New World will start at around Christmas time:)) so I can concentrate on schoolwork before winter holidays, so a patch will probably be out by then.:D

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I intend to do another sign-up but I will leave that until I've had the game a while as it takes a lot of time to do it.

I have several challenge ideas so I need to whittle them down to avoid ending up being one of those guys who opens a new thread very few days! :D

Depending on what the editor's like, I may do a more elaborate version of my current sign-up. If not, it will be similar (rivals-based) but with a different backstory/approach.

Now I'm a bit more of a new face around here, I may try to get my Mexican challenge going again (hopefully it will get more interest). As I enjoy international management, I have a couple of ideas for challenges with an international element.

Plus I have a short/medium term idea for a '10 year challenge', which I may use to get into the game when I first get it. Like I said, a few too many ideas at the moment. :p

3. Are you going to be posting your thread as soon as the game is released or wait until a patch has been released?

I don't think I'll be getting the game until mid-December, maybe later so I may as well wait for the patch.

• SI Staff

Yes indeed!

One familiar one and one new one which I don't think has been done before. Both challenges btw.

Depends really. I like to test them out first and make sure all the details are correct before posting.

Guest roberto922

Ah right, I've never actually looked in on it because I'd already tried as San Marino and it was horrible :o I have boundaries for difficulty...

I presume it's a number of reasons:

a. to show everyone you made the challenge

b. to make the title seem better and catchier, eg: dafuge's small club to big club challenge sounds better than 'the small club to big club' challenge imo

I don't think there is any sense of 'ego' in it, just shows your proud of making it I suppose?

What are people's thoughts on putting their own username in their challenges? dafuge, Gundo, rancer do it - but doesn't it seem to egotistical?

Depends on the challenge I suppose... I've always known dafuge's and gundo's challenges as the dafuge and gundo challenges rather than the elongated small club to big club challenge... blah blah blah. :D

It's all about short, snappy names... people are much likely to remember challenges that sticky in the mind.

As long as the challenge is good enough then I don't really care. If someone is going to put their name to a rubbish challenge then more fool them! :)

Are you going to be running a new sign up / challenge for FM2009?

I intend to run my Big Euro Nation challenge again this year, hopefully starting it from the off can raise the profile of the challenge.

Are you going to be posting your thread as soon as the game is released or wait until a patch has been released?

I will probably post it soon after release (However I have no idea when i'll be getting FM09, probably for Christmas).

As there haven't been many ideas posted in here of late... people posting sign up / challenges directly' date=' I thought I would raise the profile of this thread again with FM2009 just round the corner and start a mini discussion:

Hopefully the bounding of ideas off against each other with help maintain the quality of the sign up / challenges despite the upcoming release and the usual raft of threads and reduce the number lower quality threads. :):thup:[/quote']

1) I think so. I've spouted my ideas, although not any of them are mine :)

2) Answered in question 1

3) After my Dafuge/Ter's challenge attempt

What are people's thoughts on putting their own username in their challenges? dafuge, Gundo, rancer do it - but doesn't it seem to egotistical?

I'm not keen on it, despite doing it myself.

I just followed the example of Ter when he posted his first challenge in GQ. I think it might have been this time last year I suggested dropping the name from the title but everyone who was taking part thought it should stay. I'm still thinking about dropping it this year.

Either that or it just feeds my massive ego, you decide.

Guest roberto922

What would you call it?I personally think you should keep your name in it, it's one of the things that makes it so poular, the fact that it's instantly recognisable as Dafuges Challenge rather than Rancer890s Asian Adventure challenge something or other :D although I must admit I'm thinking of dropping my name from my Survivor sign up.

I'm not keen on it, despite doing it myself.

I just followed the example of Ter when he posted his first challenge in GQ. I think it might have been this time last year I suggested dropping the name from the title but everyone who was taking part thought it should stay. I'm still thinking about dropping it this year.

Either that or it just feeds my massive ego, you decide.

To be honest, even if you removed it (which I don't think you should btw), people would still refer to it as dafuge's challenge!

Guest mikeytwigge

depends on your name. Dafugew is short and snappy so its easier to remember the challenge (canvey would work to) but someone whpo has a name like mine it wouldnt work i dont think

I think it's more important in challenges. With a sign-up you're making such a large percentage of the posts as the host, but with a challenge it kind of runs its own course. dafuge's last post in his challenge was the 14th of last month, but it still goes very strong. If it were just called the Small Club to Big Club Challenge, I suppose that's how people would recognise it.

Yes, I will be running a challenge and I might do an FM story.

It will involve collecting alot of trophys from around the world.

It will be a few weeks in probably so people get a chance to get the game and are familiarlised with the tactics and new features in the game.

Guest roberto922

No it isn't! It's easier for me to locate my challenge if I put my username.:p

And also because dafuge, Gundo, and Jose all put their names in their challenge before I made mine, so I was just following the crowd.:D

I am going to try to run my first one.

A challenge that can be run in conjunction with other challenges to do with stadiums.

Probable as soon as I get the game, as long as work does not get in the way.

My first challenge.

I plan to start a South American version of the small club to big club challenge.

So if anybody has details of the reset dates for any South American leagues, could they please let me know.

Not too sure about that yet, would like to get it running straight away but knowing that most people will focus on Dafuges / Gundos it will make keeping interest in it a bit hard to begin with.

I'm thinking about running a boys vs girls sign up. It would involve people signing up as managers and the sexes competing to see who does the best. (I know sex will have no impact on actual ability but its good for challenges etc.)

Edit: Sorry if this has ben mentioned before. I haven't been keeping track.

A Sign Up

I am thinking of creating a Ryder Cup style game. With 12 'Europeans' and 12 'Americans' competiting in either fourballs, foursomes or singles. Also needed two team captains.

Unsure still on how to work this. But I like the idea, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to share.

Won't get the game till Christmas, so most likely January.